Study finds 1 in 4 US teens has a STD...

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
HPV is considered a STD. It's so common it's scary. This is why I would get my girls vax'd for this. I honestly think the statistics should be higher. Every female I have ever know has had HPV which leads to cervical cancer or the cells that lead to it if not treated. Maybe this vax will deminish this epidemic.

Kim

PF Fiend
Apr 3, 2007
St. Louis, MO
I would vax Hannah on this one too. I know a lot of people won't do it because it hasn't been tested, or proven effective or whatever, but I would rather risk it than have my daughter risk getting HPV. It's not like I can force her to not have sex, you can only educate them.

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
It's not even the sex part. It's that HPV can cause cancerous cells in which the operation of the removal of cells can cause infertility. I don't want my daughters to have strikes against them.

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
It can but the majority of the time it can cause pre cancerous cells in your cevix. If you get warts it's said you may not get the cancer or vice versa. You may not get either. There are no signs or symptoms that you may carry HPV.

Lissa

PF Visionary
Sep 12, 2007
He had to go to the doctor and get his penis torched once a month. ANd he had to put cream on it. *Barf* Served him right for being so slutty.

Ari2

PF Fiend
Jan 7, 2008
yulia said:
Study finds 1 in 4 US teens has a STD - Yahoo! News

Wow! Dont we have the highest circumcision rate in the industrialized world? How can this happen? So much for circumcision prevents STD's...
Circumcision doesn't prevent STDs. It reduces the transmission of STDs, and usually the reduction is greater in men than in their women partners.

And the article is about the rate of STDs in girls, who aren't eligible for circumcision unless the urologist is really, tremendously confused that day.

Amber

PF Addict
Feb 8, 2008
Knoxville, TN
Lissa said:
He had to go to the doctor and get his penis torched once a month. ANd he had to put cream on it. *Barf* Served him right for being so slutty.

Erm, help me out. What's torched? (Is it that early in the morning, or do I really just not know this?)

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
He had genital warts from HPV.
STD's are everywhere in every country EVEN in Russia Yulia.
Honestly, can I ask you why are you here if you hate everything about the States? (not being mean, I just really want to know)

FooserX

PF Addict
Jul 11, 2007
Denver
musicmom said:
Honestly, can I ask you why are you here if you hate everything about the States? (not being mean, I just really want to know)

lol...no kidding!

We've been pretty good at respecting your threads lately, Yules...so it would be nice if you didn't turn every other one into your own personal Anti-Circumcision protest march.

yulia

Banned
Jan 25, 2008
Lafayette, CO
Ari2 said:
Circumcision doesn't prevent STDs. It reduces the transmission of STDs
actually it doesn't
As reported at http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18280846?dopt=Abstract[/COLOR][/URL] ) found that overall, up to age 32 years, the incidence rates for all STIs were not statistically significantly different - 23.4 and 24.4 per 1000 person-years for the uncircumcised and circumcised men, respectively.

CONCLUSIONS: These findings are consistent with recent population-based cross-sectional studies in developed countries [such as the http://pediatrics.aappublications.org/cgi/content/abstract/118/5/1971[/COLOR][/URL] ) which found that early childhood circumcision does not markedly reduce the risk of the common STIs in the general population in such countries.
[/COLOR]