Tackling Bullying at schools...

PianoLover

PF Enthusiast
Oct 14, 2011
cybele said:
Dude, are you just posting youtube links everywhere at the moment?
because when I see a useful one I want to share it with people who might find it useful as well.

does it bother you?

this one on bullying is different from the one on tantrums I think they are both good.

bssage

Super Moderator
Oct 20, 2008
Iowa
Not sure how the video helps the OP. Unless you want them to approach the bully's parents and discipline them.

One thing I am curious about Callium. And I am not trying to be mean. Its just that I know children s motivations are strange at times.

Is it possible that they had discovered after the first school. That being a victim of a bully is an extremely potent way to get attention. That while the situation in the beginning was simply a straight forward case of bullying. And now with the up and coming move and other things that are happening in their little worlds that they have discovered how to refocus everything back to them? It would be a pretty safe plan. Its much simpler to prove someone is a bully than it is to prove someone is not.

I know its a long shot. Its just something that seemed to go unsaid in this thread. I would imagine with two so close in age. It would not be the first time they conspired together for a common goal.

singledad

PF Addict
Oct 26, 2009
South Africa
PianoLover said:
Hey I remember seeing this 15 minute presentation when it came out and thinking it was excellent, I hope you all find it useful to:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSMdht9K3CE
How is a video about how spanking a child turns him into a bully going to help the OP? The OP's children aren't the bullies, they are BEING bullied. He is asking for advice on how to protect his children. The OP has no control over how the bullies are brought up, so I don't see how that video is relevant at all.

But I guess we should expect any post from you to be a crusade against spanking...

Shaun Austin

Banned
Oct 22, 2012
bssage said:
One thing I am curious about Callium. And I am not trying to be mean. Its just that I know children s motivations are strange at times.

Is it possible that they had discovered after the first school. That being a victim of a bully is an extremely potent way to get attention. That while the situation in the beginning was simply a straight forward case of bullying. And now with the up and coming move and other things that are happening in their little worlds that they have discovered how to refocus everything back to them? It would be a pretty safe plan. Its much simpler to prove someone is a bully than it is to prove someone is not.

I know its a long shot. Its just something that seemed to go unsaid in this thread. I would imagine with two so close in age. It would not be the first time they conspired together for a common goal.
This is interesting can i just ask (to make sure I am understanding you). Are you saying they are trying to bring the attention back to themselves due to everything going on at home with Sam and Callum grabing attention like teenagers do, the move and new sibling? It is possible because the bruises have only ever been small and could be the result of general play/every day rough play. Maybe if this is what you mean we should look into this. Thanks Bssage.

Last edited:

bssage

Super Moderator
Oct 20, 2008
Iowa
Its more me "asking" than "saying". Of course I have no idea what is going on. I was just trying to to look at it with a different angle.

I know at a certain age. My brother and I learned to conspire to accomplish things. Him being older was the mastermind. I was simply a pawn in his master plans. We were very "small scale" but I think there are several famous examples of this throughout history. My guess is that its not uncommon for siblings closely aged.

Again I dont know. It just looked like most of the bases had already been covered by previous posters and yourself.

Shaun Austin

Banned
Oct 22, 2012
Well in that case we will definately be looking into this. I'd rather get to the bottom of this issue and as you say it seems that everything else has been covered. We don't have much more to go on anyway I'm guessing that we will soon see what the issue is and hopefully we can deal with it quickly and appropriatly. The only thing that makes me believe them is the fact that Sam and Callum have both been there wen issues have happened either when they have been on 'pick up' duty or when they have been out with the kids.

However as siblings they might be covering. They never spill the beans on what Cameron or Maddie tell them, so it could be a case of needing attention and they're covering for them as older brothers often do (I know my older siblings covered for me and I covered for my younger siblings). I suppose we'll know when Charlotte spends some time in the current school next time I'm guessing. One thing we do know is that bullying was an issue at the first two schools because we wern't the first parents to move their kids from either school, oftenb the same time as us. But the last one isn't really a school with a history, neither were the others but the issues were big when our kids went there (and still are at the second, not to sure about the other).

Anyway im sure we'll see