Teen's Pravacy vs Protection: Keylogger...

would you use a Keylogger to spy on your kids?...

• Yes...

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • No...

Votes: 3 33.3%

• Total voters

Brokenhearted

Oct 20, 2009
16th ave. said:
ok, so she Aint 17. i thought she was since you said she was and didn't say that she was almost 17 in your first post about this whole mess.
Thanks and I appreciate your concern and understanding at my horror. I have already been to the Police back when she was in entering 10th grade (last year) she was going on 16 then and was told by Police that here in NJ the age of consent is 16. He also said that most girls play that go away come here game with boys not realizing it can cause major trouble.

Turns out that even though I was at the Police at my DAUGHTERS request because she was trying to stay away from him and he kept showing up at her school during school hours (he already was 18 1/2 and graduated)the cop was right she stayed away from him for several months then just THIS JUNE 10, 2009 she called him after several weeks before he showed up at her friends job asking about my daughter and crying to my daughters' friend. He also sent his sister to school with a note for her to call him. My daughter finally broke down and decided he must really love her. Great he loves her and my daughter whom I have loved and adored my whole life throws me under the bus (figuratively) and breaks my heart (literally)

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
Brokenhearted said:
Great he loves her and my daughter whom I have loved and adored my whole life throws me under the bus (figuratively) and breaks my heart (literally)
Aww.... you know kids don't see things that way. :eek: She'll never know how she hurts you until she has her own kids and goes through the same thing. Its sad... but its the way life works. I would have thrown my parents away over a boy at that age too haha, not because I don't love my mom to pieces, but just because I was that age. And love seems like the whole world when you're young. You don't worry about your parents or what you do to them, because you know they will always be there no matter what. Romance is something that not only you have to win, but you have to fight to keep. She doesn't have to fight for her mom's love. That's why moms get left on the backburner. Try to remember that when the things she does break your heart. Kids just don't have the ability to appreciate the love they've gotten their whole lives from their mom over the love they want to have with a boy/girl. Everyone has been there!!! She will understand someday. Its one of the hardest parts about being a parent, accepting that fact.

Momnonymous

PF Regular
Jun 1, 2009
Brokenhearted said:
Not sure why you don't get this but this "boy" drives a car, last I checked that makes them mobile. This means they are not where they say they are as I have caught that happening as well. They are alone meaning UNSUPERVISED. I think it's great that if this were your 16 1/2 yr old (17 in December) daughter that you would let them be alone. You know what they call parents like you? GRANDPARENTS! I am trying to prevent my daughter from making a mistake that can ruin her life.

As for his Mother she has been flat out told by me that I caught them being unsupervised. She has been caught by me, lying for them that they were NOT ALONE at the mall when they were and were alone in his car a few times. I expressly explained to this woman that I do not want my daughter alone in anyone's car. I am not in the habit of leaving teens alone of opposite sexes because ummm that is stupid.
Then get her some birth control and cut the apron strings.

Nettiebones

Nov 29, 2009
Akron, Ohio
if you want to spy on your kid with a key logger, you may as well put a camera on his or her bedpost and watch when his/her bf/gf comes over.

Momnonymous

PF Regular
Jun 1, 2009
I don't think these kind of people let their offspring have bfs/gfs over unless they're in the living room with the parents watching

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
That's absolutely not neccessary, Momnonymous. You are acting very immature for having 3 kids of your own (none of which are old enough for any of this stuff you are speaking so righteously about). What is your problem? I wont tolerate any more of your nasty behavior. This is your last warning. If you don't want to be a part of this forum filled with GREAT parents, then LEAVE.

NPRhead

PF Regular
May 8, 2010
&lt;r&gt;&lt;QUOTE author="Monami;90256"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;While some people think it is an absolute travesty to use it and it is invading teen’s privacy, but some will debate that it is absolute necessity to protect your kids from cyber world. The device (sometimes it can be a software) I am referring is a &lt;U&gt;&lt;s&gt;<U>&lt;/s&gt;&lt;I&gt;&lt;s&gt;<I>&lt;/s&gt;Keystroke Loggers&lt;e&gt;</I>&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/I&gt;&lt;e&gt;</U>&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/U&gt; (aka keyloggers).&lt;e&gt;</SIZE>&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/SIZE&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/FONT]&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/FONT&gt;&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;FONT font="Calibri"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;If you think your child (perhaps teenage child) is acting little suspicious, would you willing to use it to spy on your child?&lt;e&gt;</SIZE>&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/SIZE&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/FONT]&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/FONT&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/quote]&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/QUOTE&gt;

I sure would. I have never seen one, but have heard of them. It's good to know they are around. However, I'd need to limit it to when I feel it's absolutely necessary. Might be hard to do, because I admit the whole thng of being able to spy is intriguing. But, that can go way too far. I'd want my kids to grow right...but grow. At least a little bit of trust is necessary in most cases.&lt;/r&gt;

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
We appreciate you posting NPRhead, but please try to make sure that you're not posting in any threads with a last post date any older than 30 days.