The Sex Offender - NEXT DOOR...

Joy

PF Enthusiast
Apr 1, 2008
Louisiana
I just opned up my freaking email and oh lovely guess what?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Not only do I have ONE sex offender living next door to me, but according to the email another sex offender has freaking moved in there as well.

My daughter is HOME ALONE every afternoon after school for HOURS, :eek:
Not to mention I was NEVER FREAKING NOTIFIED ABOUT THIS!!! Last time a cop came knock on my door to make sure we knew but that was MONTHS AFTER the man moved in. I have seen this man there a FEW times, but I really would not say he lives there, unless he works offshore.

I really think that I am going to call tomorrow and see if he even really lives there b/c for one I NEED to FREAKING KNOW!!!!!!!!! :eek: Holy freaking Cow!!!

This scares the sh** out of me!!!! My kids will ALWAYS BE LOCKED IN MY HOUSE UNLESS I AM WITH THEM OUTSIDE!!!!!!! Do you blame me?

Ok here is the link to the new person that is supposed to live there now too (but again I only seen him a few times)!!!!
[url="

budnkota

PF Fanatic
Mar 28, 2008
Indiana
I understand your concern, but before freaking out too much, I would look up what they were convicted for. The odds are slim with 2 of them, but there is a chance that it could have nothing to do with children. Perhaps a 21 yr old who had sex with his 17 year old girlfriend or something? It helps to be armed with knowledge.
That said, I used to have a sex offender neighbor. I already told this story in the other sex offender thread, but nobody bothered to tell me that - until the man told me himself. I never had any problems with him, and when 16-yr-old brother kept trying to strike up a conversation with him (not realizing he shouldn't), it was this guy who told me what the situation was.

Joy

PF Enthusiast
Apr 1, 2008
Louisiana
I posted the convictions in my post above. The older man is incest ad sexual battery and the other man is aggrivated rape. The rape is what got has me worried. It doesn't say with minors, but you just NEVER KNOW and it's scary b/c I can't be home with her, kwim?

Steve

PF Enthusiast
Mar 12, 2008
I'm not defending sex offenders, but I know one. His name is Chris, and he works on and off for the handyman who rents a house from us. Sometimes I hire Chris to help me with a project here and there. He's a darned hard worker, easy to get along with, and worth every bit I pay him.

I once rode with him across town in his car. He knew everyone and everyone knows him --- he didn't stop greeting and waving to people the whole ride there and back, and he got the same in return.

Chris has a whole set of problems including a love of beer, and we're aware of his offense. We treat him like the friend he is. Once in a while I may even be struggling, say, to lift something into my truck and if he's around, he's there without me asking.

So, don't go nuts about this. Caution, yes. Find out more, yes. Education our kids, yes. Consider making friends with them - not a bad idea at all.

bchamberlin

PF Regular
Apr 11, 2008
Steve said:
I'm not defending sex offenders, but I know one. His name is Chris, and he works on and off for the handyman who rents a house from us. Sometimes I hire Chris to help me with a project here and there. He's a darned hard worker, easy to get along with, and worth every bit I pay him.

I once rode with him across town in his car. He knew everyone and everyone knows him --- he didn't stop greeting and waving to people the whole ride there and back, and he got the same in return.

Chris has a whole set of problems including a love of beer, and we're aware of his offense. We treat him like the friend he is. Once in a while I may even be struggling, say, to lift something into my truck and if he's around, he's there without me asking.

So, don't go nuts about this. Caution, yes. Find out more, yes. Education our kids, yes. Consider making friends with them - not a bad idea at all.
That's your choice Steve. I'd be freaking out a little too. We can't always control these sorts of things but the OP is right to be alarmed and of all things cautious. What was your friend Chris charged with?

hwnorth

PF Fanatic
Mar 13, 2008
Courtenay BC Canada
Alarmed and cautious ... I would be to ... furious ?? hell yes ..

Now let that anger turn to action .. educate yourself ... on them and what they are charged with.

Pedophiles have stated there is no cure for them ... rape is different as its a crime of control and violence.

Steve

PF Enthusiast
Mar 12, 2008
bchamberlin said:
That's your choice Steve. I'd be freaking out a little too. We can't always control these sorts of things but the OP is right to be alarmed and of all things cautious. What was your friend Chris charged with?
I don't remember - I'd have to look it up again (it's all on the web). I think it was sexual battery against a relative. Certainly not aggravated rape, etc. but still of questionable judgement. I'm one who believes that the boy who beats the dog probably won't stop there.

I was thinking about this some more. There are plenty of other people who I wish got caught for their offenses. I'm 6'4 and a former weightlifter who would love to meet a couple guys I know of in a dark alley.

I can't be too specific to protect the innocent, but you should hear the stories I know about little girls and their grandpa. Another girl with her step dad -- and mom's "approval" -- of constant rape, even multiple pregnancies and abortions during her early teen years.

I can go on here -- just because someone hasn't been caught doesn't mean they're not living right next to you.

Now, everyone go out and have a fun, but safe, weekend.

bchamberlin

PF Regular
Apr 11, 2008
Steve said:
I don't remember - I'd have to look it up again (it's all on the web). I think it was sexual battery against a relative. Certainly not aggravated rape, etc. but still of questionable judgement. I'm one who believes that the boy who beats the dog probably won't stop there.

I was thinking about this some more. There are plenty of other people who I wish got caught for their offenses. I'm 6'4 and a former weightlifter who would love to meet a couple guys I know of in a dark alley.

I can't be too specific to protect the innocent, but you should hear the stories I know about little girls and their grandpa. Another girl with her step dad -- and mom's "approval" -- of constant rape, even multiple pregnancies and abortions during her early teen years.

I can go on here -- just because someone hasn't been caught doesn't mean they're not living right next to you.

Now, everyone go out and have a fun, but safe, weekend.
Well I guess if that was the charge I wouldn't be so worried. You're right, it's not the same thing. Still, I don't think you can be too careful in situations like that.

Joy

PF Enthusiast
Apr 1, 2008
Louisiana
Lissa said:
Very scarey! Keep your doors locked even during the day.
Oh yeah we do, but always have b/c my front door doesn't stay closed unless it's locked so we are all in the habit of locking it!!

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
Educate your girls. Since we have one on our street my children know where he lives, what he has done (not in detail of course) and they know my rules. I've even had my kids "tested" to see if they'd fall for crap. I'd never pretend to have them kidnapped or anything to tramatize them but educate. Mine know everything about stranger danger, we practice it in the living room. That is my worst fear in the world.
It's the peds that do NOT register that's the scary part.

Joy

PF Enthusiast
Apr 1, 2008
Louisiana
Steve said:
huh. Like father, like son. Bet the dad did things to the son he shouln'ta. That's real typical. Those two know this as a way of life. They're unlikely to be "cured" or "over it".
Yeah, your right!

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
it scares me that some of these guys are smiling in the photos...do they use their drivers licence shots or take the pics just for the reg?