This is gross but I have to ask....

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
My oldest twin, the stubborn one is acting out. She's been a bit mouthy lately and when I went in her room just to talk to her I noticed specs on her wall in one area. I looked closer and they were boogers! Is this normal child behavior to wipe boogers on the wall??
I told her that if she ever needs to talk about anything to come to me and I try to keep open communication with her. She takes up almost all of my time as it is. If her brother and sister have my attention she pushes her way in to get it.
I don't know what's normal behavior for their age.
She sneaks and plays in the bathroom with make up, she just got lipstick all over my white shirt I let her wear. I don't know what's up with the sneaking, then lying about it and now wiping boogers.
She's not a bad kid at all, she's very sweet. I just don't know how to get through to her. I don't think all the talking I do sinks in to her brain since she has a short attention span and I don't want to make her feel as if she's bad or naughty.........help.:confused:

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
well I don't know if it is normal or not but I did it. I had a bad childhood though, so. i don't know if I did it for attention or because of my childhood though. I think I was around your dd's age as well. 5 or 6 maybe.

TammyZed

PF Enthusiast
Mar 8, 2008
Ontario
I think that's normal. My daughter did it when she was about that age. And like Kaytee, I'm pretty sure I recall doing it myself when I was little. lol

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
Ok thanks. She def doesn't have a bad childhood. She's spoiled if anything. I'm glad to know it's normal, it kinda freaked me out. I appreciate you being honest and telling me you wiped boogers on your wall. hahaha ;)

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
But what's the point? Just to see it on the wall like a science experiment? I really wasn't sure how to react because it was so gross and I didn't expect that from her.
I just calmy explained that it causes alot of germs and it's not normal behavior for a child to wipe boogers on the wall and I gave her a wet towel with some cleaning solution and had her wipe them off.
Oh brother, do I have a lot to learn.
I just bought two books. Introduction to Physychology and Exploring Child Behavior. I know alot of things you just learn from life but I want to know the reasoning behind it. lol

TammyZed

PF Enthusiast
Mar 8, 2008
Ontario
I think it's just laziness, actually. They'd rather not eat what they just picked from their nose, but too lazy to grab a Kleenex, so it goes on the wall.

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
lol I have no clue why I did it. It is gross. lol
I'd say having her clean it off is a good way of handling it

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
TammyZed said:
I think it's just laziness, actually. They'd rather not eat what they just picked from their nose, but too lazy to grab a Kleenex, so it goes on the wall.
That is pretty lazy. There was too much for one nose pick so I'm sure she did it a few days in a row. Her bathroom is right across the hall, it's not like she had to go far.
I'm putting this in her baby book so she has the pleasure of sharing this with her child. ;)

Lissa

PF Visionary
Sep 12, 2007
I remember my mom getting a bucket of hot water and soap and scrubbing the walls. lol

Trina

PF Addict
Jun 10, 2007
CT
TammyZed said:
This was the case for my kids. ICK! Now I make sure they both have a box of tissues on their night stand.

TammyZed

PF Enthusiast
Mar 8, 2008
Ontario
musicmom said:
Is this normal child behavior to wipe boogers on the wall??
The general consensus seems to be: yes.

LOL, doesn't make it any less gross, though! I agree with having her clean it up, so good call on your part.

Good Wolf

PF Addict
Mar 11, 2008
TX
My mom still brings up the infamous booger that had dried on the wall hard enough for her to actually cut her arm by brushing against it.

Mommie

Mar 17, 2008
lol i dont think any of my kids have done this yet thank goodness but I do think its normal for a lot of them to do so.

Ew lol