This is gross but I have to ask....

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
Ohhhhhhhh. Ok ewwww. Luckily I have never seen my children eat their boogers. Just spread them on the wall. Hey, new art deco. I wonder if she mixes them with color if I can get her to make pretty pictures and become famous. ???

FooserX

PF Addict
Jul 11, 2007
Denver
Bradley did that a couple of times, but since we made him clean it up, he hasn't done it again. It's totally just lazyniess. I mean...it's in the middle of the night...who wants to wake up and deal with finding tissue when the wall is right there? :p

I went to pick Bradley up at daycare the other day, and this little kid was just picking and eating his boogers right in front of me...*GAG* It was like he was sucking his fingers clean after eating a donut or something. I was just staring in horror while he kept going...be thankful you don't have one of those kids!

yulia

Banned
Jan 25, 2008
Lafayette, CO
<r><QUOTE author="musicmom;37319"><s>
musicmom said:
</s><B><s></s>My oldest twin, the stubborn one is acting out. She's been a bit mouthy lately and when I went in her room just to talk to her I noticed specs on her wall in one area. I looked closer and they were boogers! Is this normal child behavior to wipe boogers on the wall??<e></e></B><br/>
<B><s></s>I told her that if she ever needs to talk about anything to come to me and I try to keep open communication with her. She takes up almost all of my time as it is. If her brother and sister have my attention she pushes her way in to get it.<e></e></B><br/>
<B><s></s>I don't know what's normal behavior for their age.<e></e></B><br/>
<B><s></s>She sneaks and plays in the bathroom with make up, she just got lipstick all over my white shirt I let her wear. I don't know what's up with the sneaking, then lying about it and now wiping boogers.<e></e></B><br/>
&lt;B&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;She's not a bad kid at all, she's very sweet. I just don't know how to get through to her. I don't think all the talking I do sinks in to her brain since she has a short attention span and I don't want to make her feel as if she's bad or naughty.........help.&lt;E&gt;<EMOJI seq="1f615">:confused:</EMOJI>&lt;/E&gt; &lt;e&gt;&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/B&gt;&lt;e&gt;
&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/QUOTE&gt;
&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;COLOR color="maroon"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;How old is your daughter?&lt;e&gt;&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/COLOR&gt;&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;COLOR color="maroon"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt; &lt;e&gt;&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/COLOR&gt;&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;COLOR color="maroon"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;I don't really have an advice about the sneaking thing; I would need to know much more about her and your relationships almost from the get-go to see the whole picture.&lt;e&gt;&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/COLOR&gt;&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;COLOR color="maroon"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;As for the boogers, I while I would let her know that it’s not ok to wipe them on the wall (and offered her alternatives: flash them into the sink and tell them good buy, or something else, depending on her age), I personally wouldn’t worry about it. Wiping boogers, is not the worst case scenario, many kids would put them in their mouth &lt;E&gt;:rolleyes:&lt;/E&gt; , so I'd pick putting them on the wall any time vs. eating them (yuck!) Maybe she likes to have a booger collection LOL. who knows...&lt;e&gt;&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/COLOR&gt;&lt;/r&gt;

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
My children and I have wonderful relationships. I'm not worried about it. I just think she was bored and it was something to do. No biggies. She knows not to do it again. This was just the first I've ever seen one of my kids do it.

jhobbsart

Mar 28, 2008
Texas
I was wondering the same thing. I recently discovered a "booger mural" of our own in our bathroom. I agree with Kaytee, requiring them to clean up the mess should help deter any future artistic endeavors.

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
jhobbsart said:
I was wondering the same thing. I recently discovered a "booger mural" of our own in our bathroom. I agree with Kaytee, requiring them to clean up the mess should help deter any future artistic endeavors.
lol This is terribly sad it's so common. *off to wipe boogers on my wall to see what I missed*:p