Thoughts on Co-sleeping...

MJCorr

PF Regular
Oct 6, 2011
Very interesting thread. When my 10 year old was born I refused to co-sleep even though my wife wanted to. I believed a child should be in their own bed in their own room. That was the way I was raised.

But when he was 4 months he got very sick. I did not like him sleeping so far away (at the time he was in a crib in the opposite end of our room).

We brought him into bed where he stayed until he was 3 when he decided he wanted his own room.

Never thought about him getting hurt with us, wife is very light sleeper and I became one knowing there were 3 of us there.

We swaddled initially but he wouldn't have any of that, he was always way to active since the day he was born!!

alter ego

PF Enthusiast
Oct 6, 2011
the bush, Australia
We are cosleepers all the way!
Nothing better than the family bed! And never had any trouble with moving to their own rooms/beds.
In my husbands culture cosleeping is the norm. And they have zero SIDS deaths.
At the moment we are using a sidecar cot, as well at the king size bed, as there are 4 of us (us and our 17 month and 3yo) in there. Our 5yo twins coslept and bedshared (so 5 in the bed) until Miss 17 months arrived, they currently share a room.
Neither of us smoke/drink/drugs/ are overweight. We follow the SIDS and kids guidelines with bedding and pillows.
I love the closeness, and my memories of cosleeping with my mums are some of the best memories of my childhood, sneaking in on a cold morning and snuggling between them, being covered in cuddles and kisses *bliss*