Toddler Proofing...

1dayatatime

PF Addict
Oct 3, 2007
AZ
Those were all really good suggestions. My cousins son has CP so she is a master of locking things up. She had these stick on latches, on the fridge, knife drawer, and every drawer of his dresser. There are simular to this...

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
Hope the velcro works. We really didn't do much, other then a baby gate at the stairs and plugs for sockets

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
Lissa said:
I did the velcro thing so we'll see if that works. Thanks musicmom!
Yea that's awesome! Glad I could help.
I still remember when Kaytee and Fallon helped me get that wax off of my tv remember. lol

HappyMomma

PF Addict
Mar 7, 2008
Wylie, TX
After my daughter got big enough to figure out the drawer locks, I asked for one of those knife magnet holder thingys to keep the knives out of reach. Love it!

http://www.shopfosters.com/store/files/images/large/d_3771.jpg[/URL]

evilbrent

PF Addict
Sep 4, 2007
Melbourne, Australia
Lissa said:
So far so good! He hasn't messed with the velcro at all!
eventually you'll forget that it's there - I still reach for the catch on our cutlery door a month after we removed it. I realised it had been 6 months since the kids had tried to bust their way into it in mischief, and that our eldest is now old enough to get his own yoghurt and spoon - without me getting up to help him, which is the important part.

the goal is to make it hard enough for him to get in that he doesn't bother with it and forgets about it. nice work.

HappyMomma

PF Addict
Mar 7, 2008
Wylie, TX
evilbrent said:
eventually you'll forget that it's there - I still reach for the catch on our cutlery door a month after we removed it. I realised it had been 6 months since the kids had tried to bust their way into it in mischief, and that our eldest is now old enough to get his own yoghurt and spoon - without me getting up to help him, which is the important part.

the goal is to make it hard enough for him to get in that he doesn't bother with it and forgets about it. nice work.
LOL, yeah my daughter is INSISTANT that she get her own spoon. :)