Too much privacy for teens on social media....warning...

timmo108

Banned
Sep 29, 2013
and zero lol I mean xero ..
really??? Childish ???? Since I was on yesterday and brought up some very tramatic things that have happened with our family. You have sat in here bragged about how much trouble YOU have been in and still are. I'm pretty sure you are the one who has said you were a cutter ,you are name calling which is reeeeally tricking weird behavior to me . These very serious topics and you have made a mockery of them . And who needs to grow up ??? I actually feel sorry for your two children and the society that will have to be raised with Them when they are teenagers ...so I have to leave for work which you should probably do since you seem veeeerry bored. And You should probably put the booze away.its easy to early in the morning for that. And maybe the razor...and go take care of the children you have instead of sitting around playing on the computer. Lets see ..whats your youngest kid doing right now? I'm guessing he's sitting around in front of the t.v with a bag of cheetos you gave him for breakfast while you sit around and play on the computer all day ....see ya:)

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
Meh I think it's time to ban you.

You're referring to the stuff Cybele said about her past, I have not brought up anything to do with my personal life or my kids, even once. Not your business. Not sure how you confused the usernames "Xero" with "Cybele" or maybe you just think everyone in this thread is the same person. 0_o Not sure. Definitely none of your business what my baby is doing, creepy internet person.

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
Yeah, I guess I should have banned her sooner. ha.

It's alright though, I checked on my 2 year old, and he was on Instagram posting pictures of himself in only a diaper! :eek: Guess she was right, I should've taken his passwords. ;)

singledad

PF Addict
Oct 26, 2009
South Africa
timmo108 said:
I might as well JOIN IN on a kids site
Yup, you go do that. You'd be more at home there with your attitude. :rolleyes:

I'm just sorry I wasted time trying to help you...

Ps - thanks for banning this creep, xero!

singledad

PF Addict
Oct 26, 2009
South Africa
Xero said:
Yeah, I guess I should have banned her sooner. ha.

It's alright though, I checked on my 2 year old, and he was on Instagram posting pictures of himself in only a diaper! :eek: Guess she was right, I should've taken his passwords. ;)
Yes, you should have. Shame on you! Soon he'll start doing drugs and cutting, because of all the people on ask.fm that is telling him to. You're a bad mother! :p

<SIZE size="75">but we still love you :)</SIZE>

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
singledad said:
Yes, you should have. Shame on you! Soon he'll start doing drugs and cutting, because of all the people on ask.fm that is telling him to. You're a bad mother! :p

<SIZE size="75">but we still love you :)</SIZE>
What can I say? He's a free spirit! :D

At least my internet friends still love me... :) Since I sit around on the computer all day.

Little stinker didn't even eat his Cheetos. He doesn't appreciate anything I do. lol

cybele

PF Addict
Feb 27, 2012
Australia
Kind of glad I slept through most of that.

I only stop my internetting for sleep. The fact that I am up at 4am wearing work clothes is just for fun.

Last edited:

cybele

PF Addict
Feb 27, 2012
Australia
But on a positive note, this thread serves as a very important lesson on the importance of reading comprehension.

singledad

PF Addict
Oct 26, 2009
South Africa
cybele said:
But on a positive note, this thread serves as a very important lesson on the importance of reading comprehension.
Lol! Seriously, though. I think this person was either drunk, or 13 years old. Or quite possibly both. Or severely mentally disturbed. And in the extremely unlikely event that she really is a mother of teens, all I can say is that I totally understand why her kids do drugs and cut...

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
Yes, and yes, Cybele and SD lol!

SD I can't believe your lady is almost 30 weeks pregnant wow time is flying!! :) How is she doing?? Are you excited to have a little squishy all over again?

singledad

PF Addict
Oct 26, 2009
South Africa
Xero said:
SD I can't believe your lady is almost 30 weeks pregnant wow time is flying!! :) How is she doing?? Are you excited to have a little squishy all over again?
Isn't it crazy? It feels like we just found out a few weeks ago! But she's doing great, thanks. It's really going well. And yes, I am excited :D. I can barely wait to hold him. :)

yuvaldim

Oct 29, 2013
&lt;r&gt;Parental control fails.&lt;br/&gt;
Obtaining passwords fails. &lt;br/&gt;
Spying fails.&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;br/&gt;
Let me explain my fatal statements.&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;br/&gt;
I've been developing a cyberbullying tool that can alert parents when their kids are involved in cyberbullying as victims, abusers and bystanders. It worked perfectly from technical perspective. Including text and picture analysis. There is only one problem. &lt;br/&gt;
If a teenager doesn't want to be protected, feels over controlled or loses autonomy - it doesn't matter what you do. You will fail.&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;br/&gt;
Examples?&lt;br/&gt;
1. Communication detection without the kids knowing about it - complete failure. &lt;br/&gt;
Doesn't matter how fast you think you move, your kids are faster for three reasons. They are native to the internet and social networks, they have more free time, their real social network moves news faster than you can fathom. &lt;br/&gt;
So - as soon as you start monitor A tool without their agreement, they'll move to the next tool. Simple as that. &lt;br/&gt;
2. monitor every communication and communicate to parents - complete failure. See previous item.&lt;br/&gt;
3. Location detection - complete failure. &lt;br/&gt;
Kids will become aware of it and leave their phones behind. Even worse, we had a couple of cases where a lot of illegal activity, sex and drugs was happening within school. And I'm talking about amazing schools districts and amazing kids. &lt;br/&gt;
&lt;br/&gt;
On the other hand, kids do understand the risks and they would rather to be safer. Just not to be monitored by THEIR parents all the time.&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;br/&gt;
For that we created a solution but it's really early stage. It's actually a paid service provided for the teen (we expect the parents to pay). But pay attention. IT IS FOR THE TEENS. Not to be used as a control tool or punishment tool. We expect the parent to try to onboard the teen but it is not for the parent. It is for the teen. If we get a report the system was used for punishment - we stop monitoring. If it was used for spying - we stop monitoring. If we are requried by the teen to stop monitoring - well... we stop monitoring. &lt;br/&gt;
&lt;br/&gt;
This is a whole new way of thinking about parental control. Just don’t control, but provide the kids with the tools to cope. &lt;br/&gt;
If you wish to hear more – just PM me or come and take a look at &lt;URL url="www.bullyaware.co"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;www.bullyaware.co&lt;e&gt;&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/URL&gt; (very early stage and still being migrated from the old control tool).&lt;/r&gt;