User: Admin...

jtee

Banned
Jun 24, 2007
I did send Tom both a PM and email yesterday, so far he has not responded. Got to admit, this whole thing took me by surprise, didn't see it coming. If was a $$$$ issue, I wish he would have said something because I have the funds that I could have invested to help him out.

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
I also wish we would have heard from Tom about all of this but I guess all we can do is hope he'll speak up when he's ready...or not at all, IDK. It is all quite a shock but I have to say at least we didn't just get shut down one day with no warning. we still have a nice place for parents to come and talk about whatever, I hope things stay that way. In the end that's all that really matters

sanjay

Dec 23, 2007
jtee said:
I did send Tom both a PM and email yesterday, so far he has not responded. Got to admit, this whole thing took me by surprise, didn't see it coming. If was a $$$$ issue, I wish he would have said something because I have the funds that I could have invested to help him out.
People sell forums and websites all the time. There doesn't have to be a financial crisis underlying it.

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
yay I agree fallon. it's the whole no heads up thing.
I have to say at least things are gettin done around here. Sanjay has been quick in doing requests

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
sanjay said:
People sell forums and websites all the time. There doesn't have to be a financial crisis underlying it.
my guess is it's too much for him to do with a new baby at home

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
totally understandable...I think all is well. I have to say Sanjay, you have been very quick to respond to any concerns. Thanks a bunch

jtee

Banned
Jun 24, 2007
sanjay said:
I understand that, I have been around a very long time; I tracked down the ownership switch that occurred on 22nd in less than 2 minutes, and then <U>proactively</U> created this thread to figure out what was going on since there wasn't any for warning that any changes might be happening. Domains do get hacked, people do steal domains names, etc, etc, etc. Was the idea to maintain the pretense that Tom was still the owner for several more weeks\months?

Tom really needs to come out of shadows and say something. I know he is a good guy, so his continued silence on this entire matter remains very puzzling. I'm not miffed that he sold the domain, it was his domain and I'm sure he did what he needed to do for him and his family, nothing wrong with keeping his priorities straight. The question remains why he didn't give Kaytee, Fallon, and myself the basic curtiousy of letting us know what he had decided to do. We volunteer several hours a day to the site, so I think some kind of explanation is in order.

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
I understand what you are saying as well Jtee. It has nothing to do with Tom or Sanjay, just that we didn't know till Jtee noticed the admin change kinda thing

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
fallon said:
totally understandable...I think all is well. I have to say Sanjay, you have been very quick to respond to any concerns. Thanks a bunch
I agree, Sanjay has done everything quickly and very well. i would ask that he does make mention of himself in the actual threads so the other member can also get to know you (him) wahtever lol!

sanjay

Dec 23, 2007
Please try and pay attention to what I have already posted.

1. I made an offer to Tom and he accepted
2. Tom asked me if he could discuss the transaction with his mods
3. Before I replied to him this thread was created
4. I replied in this thread and sent him an email linking him to this thread.

The entire transaction happened over 2-3 days during the holidays. As for courtesy, Tom wanted to discuss it with his mods privately, but this thread was made in a knee-jerk fashion at a time when he wasn't available. There was no intention to mislead any of you and any such accusation is idiotic. This is too tiny of a forum for it to require hours of moderation per day and if you feel offended and would like me to replace you then please let me know- it won't offend me.

I do not know why he sold these forums and frankly- it doesn't matter to me. I assured him that if his mods wanted to stay then I would keep them. He must not have expected for you guys to freak out within a day or two of the sale during the holidays, and had it not been for this thread he would have had a chance to tell everyone in an organized manner.

jtee said:
I understand that, I have been around a very long time; I tracked down the ownership switch that occurred on 22nd in less than 2 minutes, and then <U>proactively</U> created this thread to figure out what was going on since there wasn't any for warning that any changes might be happening. Domains do get hacked, people do steal domains names, etc, etc, etc. Was the idea to maintain the pretense that Tom was still the owner for several more weeksmonths?

Tom really needs to come out of shadows and say something. I know he is a good guy, so his continued silence on this entire matter remains very puzzling. I'm not miffed that he sold the domain, it was his domain and I'm sure he did what he needed to do for him and his family, nothing wrong with keeping his priorities straight. The question remains why he didn't give Kaytee, Fallon, and myself the basic curtiousy of letting us know what he had decided to do. We volunteer several hours a day to the site, so I think some kind of explanation is in order.

jtee

Banned
Jun 24, 2007
Sanjay, An explanation is in order from Tom, not so much from you. You perceived that in my post I was asking you to repeat yourself, that was not my intent. I have no qualms with you specifically, at least not at this point in time.

What I was doing was investigating unusual activity of the forum suddenly going off line for several hours as it was being moved to another host provider (DreamHost.com), and transferring of the domain into your name (Sanjay Sabnani). If there had been the slightest heads-up that something might happen, I wouldn't have started digging around to see what was going on, creating this thread, and posting questions\comments that is pissing everyone off. Since this thread isn't public we can be frank\direct about how we feel\think.

I was looking out for the interests of the forum as I normally would. Nobody informed us that parentingforums.org might be sold, so how were we to know what was going on. It simply looked suspicious\unusual from my perspective. If you look at the first message in this thread, I simply was asking Tom who "Admin" was? Actually, I was expecting Tom to reply that it was him, or a new person helping Tom with Admin stuff.

The person who can clear this up is Tom; his silent thus far does not help. I'm still shaking my head in bewilderment that Tom would sell ParentingForums.org without saying a single word about it. The only thing I can think of is that he's having serious\emergency personal matters that forced him to do this without warning, and continue to remain silent afterwards. It's just not like him to leave us in the dark like this. Very very strange\puzzling.