We are pregnant!!!!...

TAR

PF Fanatic
May 30, 2007
NM
I just couldn't wait to tell anyone, my husband and I decided we were going to wait to tell all the family & friends that we are pregnant... I got my IUD out in Aug. and now it finally happend. We had a positive home pregnancy test last night.. I only missed a few days ago, but I had been feeling sick to my stomach lately so we suspected I was...
We are so happy!:)

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
Oh Tar that is so wonderful I am so happy for you!
heres to a happy healthy 9 1/2 months!!

jtee

Banned
Jun 24, 2007
I always great when it consider to be good news by everyone involved!

TAR

PF Fanatic
May 30, 2007
NM
Thank you all! Now we just have to try hard to not tell anyone yet..
How long did all of you wait till you told everyone???

With my 4yr. old I told my mom right away. (then everyone else later - but not too much later).
With my 2yr. old everone else knew I was pregnant even before I did, so when we found out and told everyone they were like Ya, we knew... (I was like well why didn't you tell me?)...LOL

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
I told everyone the moment that stick turned colors! But then after five miscarriages I wouldn't do that again. I'd wait till eight weeks but that's knowing MY history.
Just be prepared in case anything happens (god forbid) *saying a prayer that never happens*

TAR

PF Fanatic
May 30, 2007
NM
We had a miscarrage with our last pregnancy (feb. 2006) Because I had just had my 2yr old (by c-section) and when I got pregnant my uterus wasn't ready that soon.. We hadn't told the family yet at that time because when we found out I was in a lot of pain and went to see the dr. and they told me right away that that was going to be the outcome.

So that is why my husband and I decided to wait to tell all our family and friends this time.... I just don't remember when the risk of miscarrage is reduced.

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
There really is no for sure time. Just be excited and tell everyone!! Enjoy it while it's happening. I'm so sorry you had to go through a miscarriage as well. :( I'm sending sticky vibes to you and your little one~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

TAR

PF Fanatic
May 30, 2007
NM
Were probably going to wait till next year (mid jan to tell eveyone). Or maybe after my 1st appointment, I still need to call an make one (it usually takes about a month to a month and a half before I can get in to see my dr.)

I joked with my husband when he asked when he can tell everyone, I said were not going to tell anyone were just going to wait to see who notices I am first.

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
I think the major threat of miscarriage is under 3 months. But it is up to you when you feel comfortable telling people. My sister told everyone right away with the first andwhen she was around 2 months she started bleeding huge clots. Tehy all though she miscarried. She went to the doc to confirm it and to make sure all was better and there was a baby still kickin in there!! Of course by then the whole family was worried and upset over it and even though she was so hurt by it all when she was pregnant with her second she decided not to tell them until 3 months. (she told me though lol). She didn't want to put the family through it again. Like it wasn't horribly hard for her!!!

chefrick

Nov 13, 2007
Ohio
Congrats!!

Incidentally, where it comes to the "We are pregnant" statement, being a man, It is my experience that you got the tougher job ahead than him;)

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
lol, I never said "we" it was me, I was pregnant, "we" were going to have a baby to raise together, but I was having hte baby, not we.

TAR

PF Fanatic
May 30, 2007
NM
Well, I still consider it "we".. We did it together (literally). And we got pregnant.. Now don't be to convinced men are not pregnant right along with you. With our 3rd pregnancy my husband gained weight right along with me, he had mood swings and he was the one with the swollen feet... LOL... All went away a few days after the baby was born... (I thought it was funny)
When we had our miscarrage during our last pregnancy, he got pains in his abdomen (unbareable pains) a few days before I miscarried. And remember us ladies are not always easy going when we are pregnant and they put up with us.. So I stick to we are pregnant. It's both our journey..

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
must be nice. I was alone most of my pregnancy. DH was working midnights so I rarely saw him, them my brother died when I was 3 months so I was not in a good place. DH needs to gain weight he is so skinny. I am only wear a size 3 and he still has a smaller waist then I do!!

TAR

PF Fanatic
May 30, 2007
NM
lol... Well with our first 2 pregnancies he didn't have any pregnancy symptoms, for our first pregnancy I was only 15 so we didn't live together, and he worked out of town for like 2 weeks he would come in everyother weekend I saw him then, I was in a car acident at 19 weeks pregnant and I had the baby (she was stillborn) He was out of town working and nobody could get a hold of him, till 1 day later.. Our second (my 4yr) He still worked out of town with a different company he was gone months at a time, I saw him 4 times my entire pregnancy - including when I told him I was pregnant, and the birth. He quit that job and took a job that pays much less because he was missing too much. But no matter where they are when we are pregnant it's still a blessing we are having a baby and a wonderful journey in life that we are preparing for... Remember its just as important to them as it is to us even though we are the ones that carry the baby.