We are pregnant!!!!...

TAR

PF Fanatic
May 30, 2007
NM
I feel great. I don't really have a certain time in pregnancy that I really hate, but you know every pregnancy is different. I'm usually all right all through my pregnancies (I was for the others anyway) I hope this one goes as well. Why the first 4 months fallon? I know some women hate the last trimester.

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
probably morning sickness would be my guess. I hated the whole thing. Sure there were parts I enjoyed but overall, ugh!!! I was sick everyday multiple times untilt eh last day, Even when I could feel her move, it made it worse I would through up everytime!!

chefrick

Nov 13, 2007
Ohio
TAR said:
Well, I still consider it "we".. We did it together (literally). And we got pregnant.. Now don't be to convinced men are not pregnant right along with you. With our 3rd pregnancy my husband gained weight right along with me, he had mood swings and he was the one with the swollen feet... LOL... All went away a few days after the baby was born... (I thought it was funny)
When we had our miscarrage during our last pregnancy, he got pains in his abdomen (unbareable pains) a few days before I miscarried. And remember us ladies are not always easy going when we are pregnant and they put up with us.. So I stick to we are pregnant. It's both our journey..
Oh I agree, I had labor pains, and made sure my DW had everything she needed (especially ginger pills and peppermint tea for nausea) However, when it came to pushing time, all I did was give her a heads-up when the contractions were coming, hold her hand, tell her I loved her, and that she was doing great. She had all of our kids without any drugs or an epidural, so she was feeling every bit of it. That is where she clearly had the tougher job than me.

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
thats great that she went natural Rick! I am going to a birthing center with my next one. Hospitals make it to surgery prone instead of natural

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
TAR said:
I feel great. I don't really have a certain time in pregnancy that I really hate, but you know every pregnancy is different. I'm usually all right all through my pregnancies (I was for the others anyway) I hope this one goes as well. Why the first 4 months fallon? I know some women hate the last trimester.
with both my babies I was so sick for the first 4 I thought I might not make it. I mean all day, all night. I couldn't eat, drink, sleep. My skin also would dry up to ash. Also I have had 2 miscarriages and with both of my kids I bled and passed clots in the first 10 wks so that always scared the heck out of me. I'm not a huge fan of the end either...lol For me the end reslut makes it all worth it but I only ever enjoyed the 2nd trimester. I do however miss being pregnant when I'm not anymore. It's kinda funny.

TAR

PF Fanatic
May 30, 2007
NM
>> Fallon LOL... Well i can see why you hate the first 4 month, I probably would too. Isn't it funny how all that and you miss it because of the precious baby that you get to enjoy in the end.. I don't get all that crazy stuff (I guess I should concider myself pretty lucky) I do get some nausea, and a little moody, and dry skin (I have that all now!) but not anything that I can't deal with.

>>Rick see you may not have had to do the pushing and all but you were a great coach and that takes effort too, with our 4yr old my husband was so suprised at how much pain I was in he kind of freaked out a little because he couldn't really do anything to help, but he stuck in there and was a great coach as soon as he pulled himself together and I know that was hard for him to do.
I had my 4yr natural (no med) she was 9lbs 4oz... My 2yr I planned to have natural (no med) made it to over 20 hours in labor and then came to lots of problems and had to have a c-section she was 8lbs 3oz (2 1/2 weeks early).
I have very large babies - it runs in the family!

I love the hospitals here (well the hospital I go to) they are very good at letting it pretty much be your decision on everything, they are all for natural.

chefrick

Nov 13, 2007
Ohio
Kaytee said:
thats great that she went natural Rick! I am going to a birthing center with my next one. Hospitals make it to surgery prone instead of natural
Very nice!! Are you having a midwife and doula??? Will a Doc be present just in case?

chefrick

Nov 13, 2007
Ohio
TAR said:
>>Rick see you may not have had to do the pushing and all but you were a great coach and that takes effort too, with our 4yr old my husband was so suprised at how much pain I was in he kind of freaked out a little because he couldn't really do anything to help, but he stuck in there and was a great coach as soon as he pulled himself together and I know that was hard for him to do.
Thanks TAR:)

TAR said:
I love the hospitals here (well the hospital I go to) they are very good at letting it pretty much be your decision on everything, they are all for natural.
My wife works at a hospital with the same mindset....It's very nice.

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
chefrick said:
Very nice!! Are you having a midwife and doula??? Will a Doc be present just in case?
no doc, doing the midwife at a birthing center. They have emergency stuff there if soething does happen and they will go with you if you end up i the hospital for whatever reason (can't handle it or emergency)
You see one midwife the entire time you are pregnant and that one is the one that delivers the baby. Now I am going to go to a teaching clinic, so I will allow a student midwif`e to be there as well, but that is personal choice on who you want. My last labor was only 2 1/2 hours first contractions to baby born, so I am hopein the next one will be quick as well. I can always hope

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
2 1/2 hrs....I hate you...lol

I went 18 hrs hard labor w/ debralyn, after that they decided they has to do the c-section. It was scarey cause there was moconieum (sp?) in the water. I was pretty sure they were suppose to have her out within 14 hours when that was there but my water broke at 10 pm on sunday night and she was born at 4:17 pm the Monday afternoon

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
I am soo sorry. Nichole had meconium in the water as well, but they just checked her out really well, suctioned a lot and she was fine.

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
same here...we didn't end up with a problem so we got lucky...or maybe I should say they got lucky

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
lol that's good then. I am so afraid my next labor will be 14 hours long! And being at a birth center, no drugs or epidural for me

TAR

PF Fanatic
May 30, 2007
NM
Thanks so much bananacrazy

2 1/2 hours... yeah i hate you too!! J/K... LOL

The hospital I go to has midwifes and you see only one the whole prgnancy and they deliver your baby too... Well on of the midwifes do, but you meet all of them before your due date they all come in to meet you it's a really nice hospital, I had my same Midwife with all my pregnancies so she knows our family and my history... She has not dilvered any of my children but I did meet the midwife who did before I went into labor, and if I didn't have to have an emergency c-section it would have been the same midwife that was there for my first labor but I did also meet the dr's that did the c-section before I was due (both times) I didn't know it was different at all hospitals I guess I just got lucky and choose a good one... A birthing center is nice (my friend had her baby at one), I can't have that option because of the fact large babies run in my family.
So what Kaytee, you planning another one???..lol

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
we plan to start trying this summer. Maybe August or so.
I had no problem with the staff per se, well nurse really bothered me because she threatened to give my child formula if she didn't have a bowel movement within 3 hours. um... the kid went in the womb so its not like she has that much in her. I would have shoved that bottle up her arse if she tried to give it to my kid. lol

I just hated the whole, we have to take the baby to weigh them, gone 2 hours thing (of course some hospitals don't do that) I don't want them given a hep B shot at birth, or vit K, or the eye goop! lol i just think we need to be left alone. Of course I think to each is own as well.

jenilouise

PF Addict
Oct 20, 2007
Oregon
CONGRATS!! I didn't see this thread til now but I am so excited for you.

The cool thing about the hospital I had Natalia in was that they did everything in your room including bathing the baby. the only time I was away from her was when my friend Zara took me for a walk around the hospital. She was in the nursery for half an hour.

I have had three natural labors and for the record it hurt but I recovered way better than with the medicated one.

TAR

PF Fanatic
May 30, 2007
NM
Thanks Jeni. We got my due date Aug 18, We are very excited but We still havent told anyone yet were going to after my appointment on Jan 22