Whose Date Is It Anyway?...

Cop2be

PF Fiend
May 28, 2009
Denver, Colorado 3oh3! <3
Hola como esta?
I have another question for you guys.
Just to start my mom has laid off on the whole bedtime thing, she saw it was a losing battle and not even something she should have thought about trying to enforce.

Yet she has found something new.

The other night I got a text from a guy friend who he and I have had feelings for each other. We aren't serious or have even ever said we were bf/gf. I have know him for about 2-3 years now.
Anyways I got a text from him the other night around 9pm, wanted to know what I was up to neither of us had anything to do and we ended up making plans to go see a movie at 10:30pm.

Well my mom started to not like the idea while I was waiting on him.
She told me "people only go out at 10:30 at night if they are looking for trouble" -.- thats a bit narrow minded and this isn't the 50's. My retort to her comment was "or if they are going to see the movie bruno."

Some people get off work around 8-9 or night classes.. and thats when they have their social time. Like he is a store manager at a hockey store and gets off at 9pm and if he wants to go to a movie on the nights he works, it has to be a late one. He is also a firefighter so he works crazy hours and can only do things when his schedule allows it.

The next one she doesn't know I overheard...but I heard her talking to my brother.

She said she is "anti-dating". -.-
Her reasons for saying this and she stated them to my brother were
1. They are looking for someone to marry.
2. For Sex.

And apparantly at my age...20 years old in 41 days..I shouldn't be doing either. &gt;.&gt;

**He ended up being called to a fire so we weren't able to go.**

I don't get this.
What do you make of it?

Dadu2004

PF Visionary
May 16, 2008
Cleveland, OH
Well unfortunately, your mom is trying to keep you a child forever and doesn't want you to grow up.

But again, and again, and again.... get out of there and you won't have to deal with these things! :)

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
first of all I told myself I shouldn't even post here, not exactly a great track record as a community participant here for the OP....

But really, you don't get it? As much as she doesn't want to let go of you, she's really scared of you getting knocked up, living under her roof for another 18 years and potentially raising a grandchild.

What Dadu ^^^ said!

Cop2be

PF Fiend
May 28, 2009
But its like my mom doesn't even know me.
The way she acts shows it all.

If she knew me and what I believed and what I had planned for my life she wouldn't be like this to me.

Cop2be

PF Fiend
May 28, 2009
I am stuck here for atleast another year.
Starting saving up now and getting things set into place...even doing that I still wouldn't be able to move out for atleast another 6 months.

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
Well, she obviously has control issues. I think you know that. Talk to her, tell her how you feel. Tell her she needs to let go of the idea of controlling you like a child for the rest of your life.

Then make her buy you some condoms. HAAA. :D

16th ave.

PF Addict
Jan 4, 2009
East Texas
what they said.

the older you get the more you will realize that sometimes there are things you have to put up with and do even though you hate them and/or don't understand why they are the way they are.

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
I've been thinking about this like all night and I was just wondering if you know that most kids go through this particular guys/girls/dating/relationships/sex battle with their parents at like 16 years old (a lot of times earlier, I'm just being nice), not 20. Where were you when you were an actual teenager? Rather than an adult acting like one, and being treated like one? I'm confused. Not that I don't applaud you on abstaining and whatnot. I do. Just seems really weird. You're 20 years old and your mom has never had to deal with you seeing a movie with a boy? She's lucky she's not my mom lol I was sexually active at 16 and had a baby at 20. I pretended to go to bed at night and then climbed out my window to stay out all night with my boyfriend and sneak in right before they woke up. And I wasn't a bad kid in the least bit, I just had a life (kinda). Your mom should be relieved she had such a lucky break with a kid that didn't even TRY till she was 20! o__o

Now that I think about this a little harder, I really begin to wonder what kind of strict, sheltering control freak your mom really is. I always thought my mom was pretty controlling, and sheltering. I suppose the saying "it could always be worse" is usually true.

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
Cop2be said:
But its like my mom doesn't even know me.
The way she acts shows it all.

If she knew me and what I believed and what I had planned for my life she wouldn't be like this to me.

lots of young ladies who all have dreams and plans, end up being unexpected mommies, I'm betting that scares the shit out of her (and, no doubt she thrives on exerting a certain amount of control) but I bet most of it is fear.

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
oh, and Cop2be...maybe consider taking a look around here...consider contributing you 2 cents worth and /or support, there have been an awful lot off people expending time and effort to give their insight into your situation....maybe you've looked around and there's nothing you can assocaite with to contribute on, if so, fine, just consider being a part of the community, not just a help seeker.

Dadu2004

PF Visionary
May 16, 2008
Cleveland, OH
IADad said:
oh, and Cop2be...maybe consider taking a look around here...consider contributing you 2 cents worth and /or support, there have been an awful lot off people expending time and effort to give their insight into your situation....maybe you've looked around and there's nothing you can assocaite with to contribute on, if so, fine, just consider being a part of the community, not just a help seeker.
What a novel idea! :D

16th ave.

PF Addict
Jan 4, 2009
East Texas
IADad said:
the question is does he KNOW that he needs fixing up....?

lol he does but i aint too sure about sicking him on anybody. he's a rough one to be around pretty set in his ways at the ripe old age of 40.

Cop2be

PF Fiend
May 28, 2009
i've looked around...a few I wanted to post on but I wasn't sure if they topic was too old or not and didn't want to post and it be on a topic that was too old.
I do check often and if something new comes along and I can give some advice then id be happy to.