Can we discuss something here please?...

Trina

PF Addict
Jun 10, 2007
CT
My DD is into Webkinz. Actually, I thought she was finally over them, but she just asked for more for her birthday. :rolleyes: She has quite a few, and has bought most of them from saving her allowance. She has never been into dolls, but LOVES stuffed animals! Webkinz are adorable stuffed animals with the added benefit of the web site games, etc..

As far at the board issues.... I'm a member here and enjoy the free service, however, I don't feel I have the right to question the rules or moderator actions. They're doing their job and I'll leave that to them. Not my place to offer suggestions unless asked. As a moderator at another message board, I know there is a lot going on behind the scenes that members aren't aware of. I have also belonged to MANY message boards over the years and drama happens. People are banned or leave upset, things are quiet for a little while and then pick up and life goes on. Such is life of an Internet forum. I've seen it time and time again. My very first message board ('96) was totally unmoderated. OMG, it became a very hostile environment that I cared not to be a part of. For that reason, I prefer moderated boards with rules that are enforced. The way I see it, if people don't want to play by the rules, they can take their marbles and go play elsewhere. There are tons of different message boards out there. If one isn't working out, instead of stirring the pot, leave quietly, go surfing and find one that's a better fit. OK, I'll get off my soapbox now.

Good Wolf

PF Addict
Mar 11, 2008
TX
I agree. There are way too many forums out there for someone to 'fight the system' on a board. If they don't like it move on. Life is too short to spend it being unhappy ESPECIALLY on an online forum that you voluntarily participate in.

jtee

Banned
Jun 24, 2007
Thanks everyone for the feedback.

This forum will not be the right fit for every parent who comes here. If they stay within the guidelines, they are welcome to stay. Moderators of any forum are expected to look out for the long term interest of the forum and need to take unpopular actions from time to time. It is never ideal.

In the past a few member have been openly defiant to the private and public requests to stop behavior that has been disruptive. No forum can survive long term if this is allowed to continue. In any forum when a small group members who openly rebell against moderation team, that small group can quickly grow larger and spin out of control. The moderators need to take a look and evaluate how to best solve a growing problem even if that problem is perceived as "fun" by some of the members.

The moderators are aware that parents here are member of several other parenting forums and we have no issue with that; we even have moderators and Admins. As long as they are not causing disruption to this forum, we welcome them here as parents. They may want to discuss parenting problems of their own that as moderators/admin they don't want to discuss publicly in their own forum.

-Jtee

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
Jtee, I think you don't want to hear this but you are most of the problem and the way you approach situations.

jrrsmom

PF Fiend
Nov 10, 2007
Sirk said:
I'm new here and holy crap some of ya'll have some gianormous sigs!

Can we add something about that to the "guidelines?" Sorry but it's really annoying when there's only 3 posts on a page because the sigs are my entire screen. Your kids are cute...don't get me wrong...but man...thumbnail pics do wonders.

Skyburning

PF Fiend
Oct 6, 2007
Mississippi
jrrsmom said:
Can we add something about that to the "guidelines?" Sorry but it's really annoying when there's only 3 posts on a page because the sigs are my entire screen. Your kids are cute...don't get me wrong...but man...thumbnail pics do wonders.
:( I suspect I recently became one of "those" people, LOL let me know if it's too big I don't have a problem at all with sizing it down some

Lissa

PF Visionary
Sep 12, 2007
jrrsmom said:
There is an option in your User CP to hide signatures.

Trina

PF Addict
Jun 10, 2007
CT
jrrsmom said:

Go into your User Control Panel. You can set it up so that you can't see the sigs.
Click on "Edit Options"
Scroll down to "Thread Display Options"
Uncheck "Show Signatures"

TA DA!! :)

Skyburning

PF Fiend
Oct 6, 2007
Mississippi
Ugh, I resized mine on photobucket and reposted the link in my siggie and it's the same size on here! Maybe it just takes a while..