Canadian Olympic Thread Eh...

bssage

Super Moderator
Oct 20, 2008
Iowa
Well you know the videos I see on utube look like permanent structures. thats what made me think that.

ElliottCarasDad

PF Addict
Sep 10, 2008
Iowa
Corner Gas - Hurry Hard (PM me for link)

A combination of my favorite TV show and everyones new favorite winter sport!
(And everyone can now see where my avatar comes from)

bssage

Super Moderator
Oct 20, 2008
Iowa
One of the reasons McCormick and her teammates believe newcomers will enjoy curling is traditions like broomstacking.
Broomstacking is post match socialization that calls for the winning team to buy drinks for the loser.

Read more: U.S. curling teams head home empty handed - KansasCity.com
Whew. thats what I thought it meant. :cute:

TV cameras caught men's skip John Shuster saying "I hate this stupid game."<LEFT></LEFT>
there's nothing I can say to make it any funnier.

(I cant get rid of the links they can with the quotes. Sneaky IT dudes)

xox.ilu.xox

PF Addict
Dec 17, 2009
Kamloops, British Columbia, Canada
ooooh yeh..!! Beat the russians!!! 7-3 EF YES! AND a gold and a silver in womens two-man bobsleigh!!! oh oh....and another gold.....but i dont know in what :) WOOP! Awesome awesome i say. Now we just have to beat the US, and gold is ours hehehe. I still &lt;3 you guys!!!!!

16th ave.

PF Addict
Jan 4, 2009
East Texas
does it seem like there is an unusual amount of ?controversy? or ?scandals? (someone come up with a word please) with the olympics this year?

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
No, I don't think so, seems like there's always something. Seems like the world is just kind of bitter that we pushed through all those X-games we kind of invented, but meh...

16th ave.

PF Addict
Jan 4, 2009
East Texas
gotta be yahoo then. nearly every other item about the olympics on the homepage seems to be something about someone having a problem with someone else...

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
and until they miss-behaved, was anyone even aware that women's hockey existed? (the ghost of Mia Hamm lives on...)

xox.ilu.xox

PF Addict
Dec 17, 2009
Kamloops, British Columbia, Canada
who misbehaved in womens hockey!??? im confused!! And yes i knew that womens hockey existed...most of the women on the canada team have played on mens college teams. Makes me wanna strap my skates on and take a swing at hockey. looks sooo fun!

Just wanted to rub it in....... CANADIAN WOMENS TEAM WON 2-0 !! AGAINST USA! SHUT-OUT baby!! BOOYAHHHH!!! hehe

I figured since im the only Canadian that posts regularly, that I could get away with a little :D hehe

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
that's funny, no mention of it there, here it's the lead story on the morning news.

Apparently after their win and medal ceremony, like 30 minutes later they returned to the ice, donning thier uniforms and medals and drank beer, champagne and smoked cigars....

so, the IOC is "investigating"

Personally, in the big world of things to do "bad" this barely qualifies as a blip, but apparently some people are pretty bent outta shape.

bssage

Super Moderator
Oct 20, 2008
Iowa
hahaha. Look like them men are winning against Finland. Hmmm I wonder who they will be playing for the gold?

Keep laughing my little Canadian sweetie pie.

16th ave.

PF Addict
Jan 4, 2009
East Texas
lol, yeah.

i saw that partying on the news @ cnn, aol,yahoo, and all the news stations here. there was something about how they thought the critters should have behaved a little more professionally.

bssage

Super Moderator
Oct 20, 2008
Iowa
USA will be there Sunday. Will you??

And as far as the women celebrating. I can think of a lot of worse ways to do it. I dont see a problem with some drinks and cigars on the ice. IMO the person with the problem is the one who ratted them out to the press.