Christian Parents...

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
I'm methodist however my church is really cool. There is a formal service in the morning and then a more up beat at 10:30 and then there is an 11:30 for us crazies!!! We have a blast and laugh and praise, it's so much fun. It's like going to a party. I look forward to it every Sunday then Wednesday (not during the summer) Also Friday nights are awesome.

I grew up a Catholic.

Lissa

PF Visionary
Sep 12, 2007
I grew up in the Missouri Synod and that's where I still am. Baptised and confirmed. :)

Dadu2004

PF Visionary
May 16, 2008
Cleveland, OH
I'm much like MusicMom...I attend a Methodist church where I play in the praise team at our contemporary service. I also grew up Catholic, but left the church when I was 15. A few years later, I settled with a Pentacostal church (talk about a polar opposite!), then with my current church.

.:Kalli Rae:.

PF Fiend
Apr 18, 2008
Rapid City SD
My kids go to Sunday School at a church down the street from me. I haven't gone to a church in years and years. If they are at my sister's house they have to pray before meals but at my house I don't force any religion on my kids.

My ex is Wiccan and I am more open-minded to all religions. I just want the kids to be happy, to be morally decent people, and to believe in SOMETHING, I'm not real picky as to what that something is.

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
sarushjr said:
I'm much like MusicMom...I attend a Methodist church where I play in the praise team at our contemporary service. I also grew up Catholic, but left the church when I was 15. A few years later, I settled with a Pentacostal church (talk about a polar opposite!), then with my current church.
After Catholic church pretty much any church seems fun. lol
I'm scared of the churches that have people running around, speaking in tongues. I think that's southern baptist. I went once when my girls were babies and turned to my mother and seriously asked "are they going to bring out snakes"
I do not believe in the talking in tongues.:nah:

Lissa

PF Visionary
Sep 12, 2007
Missouri synod is pretty close to Catholic, minus the whole Mary thing.

Dadu2004

PF Visionary
May 16, 2008
Cleveland, OH
musicmom said:
After Catholic church pretty much any church seems fun. lol
I'm scared of the churches that have people running around, speaking in tongues. I think that's southern baptist. I went once when my girls were babies and turned to my mother and seriously asked "are they going to bring out snakes"
I do not believe in the talking in tongues.:nah:

LOL! It's actually all over the place...more than just southern baptist. Really, any of the more liberal churches will practice it. I do believe in speaking in tounges (it's actually biblically based), but don't do it myself. I have not been bestowed that "spiritual gift".

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
Maybe a real foreign language was misunderstood and was said to be speaking in tongues? It's only a translation so there is no real proof.

Dadu2004

PF Visionary
May 16, 2008
Cleveland, OH
fiHmmm....."proof" is an interesting choice of words. Many things that are in the bible and which Christians base their faith has no "proof". Isn't that what faith is? Believing in that which can't be proven?

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
That is true it is all on faith but some things make you wonder. Such as smoke on the water has no been discovered to actually be swarms of flies that are hatching but from a distance looks like smoke rising from the water.
I do have faith but I also like to get a scientific aspect as well.

Dadu2004

PF Visionary
May 16, 2008
Cleveland, OH
That's the tough thing about believing in any faith...the clash between faith and science always brings up an interesting topic.

HappyMomma

PF Addict
Mar 7, 2008
Wylie, TX
Although, my daughter attends a Christian preschool and attends church with her great grandparents sometimes, I consider myself more of a Pagan parent. I feel it is important for her to be exposed to many theologies, not just mine.

Dadu2004

PF Visionary
May 16, 2008
Cleveland, OH
My favorite music artists:
David Crowder Band
Casting Crowns
Nicole Nordeman
Chris Tomlin
Matt Redman

Books:
I'm not much into reading, so maybe someone can assist further. I can say to not put too much stock into Joel Osteen. He's more of a Dr. Phil than a Christian Theologist.

Quite frankly, I pretty much use Amazon.com.

HappyMomma

PF Addict
Mar 7, 2008
Wylie, TX
This brings to mind a question. For the parents that are Christian... Do you feel that it's important to expose your children to various theologies or do you only want them to be exposed to Christianity?

Lissa

PF Visionary
Sep 12, 2007
sarushjr said:
My favorite music artists:
David Crowder Band
Casting Crowns
Nicole Nordeman
Chris Tomlin
Matt Redman

Books:
I'm not much into reading, so maybe someone can assist further. I can say to not put too much stock into Joel Osteen. He's more of a Dr. Phil than a Christian Theologist.

Quite frankly, I pretty much use Amazon.com.
I like Michael W. Smith. ;)