Circumcision Info!...

CJ's mom

PF Enthusiast
Jan 7, 2008
Connecticut
Actually, one is more prone to infections with a foreskin, due to lack of proper cleansing. Yeast infections are #1. This is not why I made the decision, but I am just commenting. :)

Lissa

PF Visionary
Sep 12, 2007
CJ's mom said:
Actually, one is more prone to infections with a foreskin, due to lack of proper cleansing. Yeast infections are #1. This is not why I made the decision, but I am just commenting. :)
Thank you.

Lissa

PF Visionary
Sep 12, 2007
Skyburning said:
This to me falls in the same line of reasoning as "because I said so.."
It's exactly that simple. Because I said so. He is my child. He can't make his own decisions. Per my religion, he is to be circumsized. Per the doctor's recommendations, circumcised penises are less likely to get infections. And there is no doubt in my mind that my son will APPRECIATE my decision. Uncircumcised penises are pretty gross IMO.

I also fail to see how having foreskin makes you a bad christian, but to each their own.
It does not make you a bad Christian. I never said that.

CJ's mom

PF Enthusiast
Jan 7, 2008
Connecticut
<I>This to me falls in the same line of reasoning as "because I said so.."</I>
SKYBURNING if this how how strong you feel, then maybe you should have waited to name you children since you stated that it is the child who has to live with the parents decision. Come on...support your own statement!!!!

Skyburning

PF Fiend
Oct 6, 2007
Mississippi
I intend to properly cleanse my son. And anyone who has it done for quicker cleanup needs a reality check. Babies are work, if an extra minute or two in the tub is grounds to have your child's penis altered, then you shouldn't be having children.

Lissa said:
It's exactly that simple. Because I said so. He is my child. He can't make his own decisions. &lt; snip &gt; Uncircumcised penises are pretty gross IMO.
I stand corrected. "Because I said so" is a simple answer for simple minds.

The christian religion believes that God is infallible, correct? Why would he have built the male body with foreskin if he wanted it removed?

Skyburning

PF Fiend
Oct 6, 2007
Mississippi
CJ's mom said:
SKYBURNING if this how how strong you feel, then maybe you should have waited to name you children since you stated that it is the child who has to live with the parents decision. Come on...support your own statement!!!!
A name can be changed, my son cannot regrow his foreskin. I do support my own statement. I have not made any irreversible decisions for my child.

Lissa

PF Visionary
Sep 12, 2007
Skyburning said:
I stand corrected. "Because I said so" is a simple answer for simple minds.

The christian religion believes that God is infallible, correct? Why would he have built the male body with foreskin if he wanted it removed?
A simple mind, lol. My mind is FAR from simple my dear.

I'm not going to go into my religious beliefs because it doesn't matter to you and that's fine. My God wishes for me to circumsize my son and that's that.

Skyburning

PF Fiend
Oct 6, 2007
Mississippi
FooserX said:
So...has anyone pierced their little girls' ears who is against circumcision?

Just curious.
I like that you bring this up because this is also a decision better left to the child. It drives me crazy to see 6 month old children with their ears pierced because the parent's wanted to "get it over with."

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
As far as the christian thing and circing. It actually says that Christians do not have to follow the old laws set upon Jews, so....

As far as girls making fun of a normal penis, well... one it is now more common for a boy to not be cut, this year they actually are saying it will be closer to 60% will not be circed.

Your chances of getting an infection that is serious is the same as the percentage of circs gone bad. To high, cuttin gof the entire penis, heart failure of the infant during the procedure. So either way, your chances are the same, why force physical pain and sexual assult on an infant? Also MOST infections that can appear due to not cleaning properly are treated with antibiotics the same as a girl!! Who by the way is much more likely to get an infection then a normal penis. I say we should cut off our daughters breasts as soon as they appear as well, just in case they get breast cancer. Oh and those ears!! OMG cut those off they might get outer ear infections too

We give antibiotics to girls and umm..... cut off their foreskin for boys? sounds funny to me

Lissa

PF Visionary
Sep 12, 2007
What if we all left our decisions up to our children?

I'm sorry, but YUCK.

FooserX

PF Addict
Jul 11, 2007
Denver
Lissa said:
A simple mind, lol. My mind is FAR from simple my dear.

Yeah!!

Remember that one time you put the cube through the square hole in that Fisher Price toy!?

You can't talk to her like that!

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
FooserX said:
So...has anyone pierced their little girls' ears who is against circumcision?

Just curious.
no I won't peirce Nichole's ears, until she is old enough to tell me if she wants them done and understands it hurts, not for long but it still hurts and requires work. Then I will take her.

Also I am not fully against circing, just don't like the misconception out there about a normal penis. If parents are doing it because they feel it is best, not that it looks prettier, and they also understand there is not one medical body that says circing is beneficial, then well.... If they feel liek hurrting their newborn childrne and permenatly ultering their lives then so be it

Lissa

PF Visionary
Sep 12, 2007
FooserX said:
Yeah!!

Remember that one time you put the cube through the square hole in that Fisher Price toy!?

You can't talk to her like that!
:wubclub:

Skyburning

PF Fiend
Oct 6, 2007
Mississippi
Lissa said:
What if we all left our decisions up to our children?

I'm sorry, but YUCK.
Yuck? Will you also never let your child dress himself because he likes to wear blue and red together and you think it's not visually appealing? Your line of reasoning <I>is</I> simple minded.

Based on this line of reasoning, women should also have their vaginas altered because some people find a vagina visually unappealing. We should also provide cosmetic surgery for anyone not as fortunate as yourself, Lissa.

Lissa

PF Visionary
Sep 12, 2007
Skyburning said:
Based on this line of reasoning, women should also have their vaginas altered because some people find a vagina visually unappealing. We should also provide cosmetic surgery for anyone not as fortunate as yourself, Lissa.
Christianity is simple minded. I am not.

As far as having my vagina altered, I'm all for that. After having my son, I could definitely use a little repair in that area.