Circumcision Info!...

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
and again, here you go again with your colored and larger then noraml font. I'm done trying to show you that you are causing more harm then good in your fight.

yulia

Banned
Jan 25, 2008
Lafayette, CO
<r><QUOTE author="Kaytee;25540"><s>
Kaytee said:
</s>and again, here you go again with your colored and larger then noraml font. I'm done trying to show you that you are causing more harm then good in your fight.<e>
</e></QUOTE>
<br/>
&lt;COLOR color="maroon"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;&lt;B&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;Kaytee, this time I completely and totally disagree with you.&lt;e&gt;&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/B&gt;&lt;e&gt;</SIZE>&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/SIZE&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/FONT]&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/FONT&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/COLOR]&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/COLOR&gt;&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;COLOR color="maroon"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;&lt;e&gt;</SIZE>&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/SIZE&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/FONT]&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/FONT&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/COLOR]&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/COLOR&gt;&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;COLOR color="maroon"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;&lt;B&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;There is NO excessive foreskin. PERIOD. I felt it was very important to correct it since someone whose son has a normal length foreskin may imagine that it’s an excessive one.&lt;e&gt;&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/B&gt;&lt;e&gt;</SIZE>&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/SIZE&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/FONT]&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/FONT&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/COLOR]&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/COLOR&gt;&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;COLOR color="maroon"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;&lt;e&gt;</SIZE>&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/SIZE&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/FONT]&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/FONT&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/COLOR]&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/COLOR&gt;&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;COLOR color="maroon"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;&lt;B&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;As for colored and larger then normal font, I like it this way and in this moment I felt like it. So what? It doesn’t make me know any less than I do. Not sure how to put it nicely…but please watch your font, and I’ll be watching mine.&lt;e&gt;&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/B&gt;&lt;e&gt;</SIZE>&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/SIZE&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/FONT]&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/FONT&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/COLOR]&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/COLOR&gt;&lt;/r&gt;

gagazine.com

Feb 4, 2008
Woops... I didn't mean to come in to instigate. Sorry, but when I said "excessive skin", the doctor meant that on some boys, the foreskin can be longer than average. In those cases, he would recommend circumcision as the "excessive skin" can hide lots of nasty stuff underneath.

Ari2

PF Fiend
Jan 7, 2008
The language in the article is pretty guarded:

Unexpectedly, the study found similar rates of vaginal infections among women, whether or not their partners were circumcised, and a slightly increased risk for HIV if their infected partners were circumcised. The HIV risk could have been purely the result of chance, but researchers were alarmed that instead of clearly reducing the danger, it showed a trend toward increasing it.

...The study found a plausible reason why the women whose HIV-positive partners were circumcised had a higher risk for HIV: The infections were clustered among couples who began sexual activity before the 30 day post-circumcision healing period was completed<U>.</U> Without complete healing, HIV could pass in blood from the surgical wounds.

The news was not entirely bleak, however. A separate study conducted at Rakai, Uganda, did show some health benefits for women whose male partners were circumcised while HIV-negative. These women had a 25 percent lower rate of infection with genital herpes; a 50 percent reduction in trichomoniasis - a common sexually transmitted disease caused by a parasite - and a 20 percent reduction in bacterial vaginosis.

So an upward trend centered in couples who had sex prior to complete healing of the circ.

The same article also says:

Three landmark studies in 2005 and 2006 showed that adult men who are circumcised reduce their risk of HIV infection by up to 60 percent, and the World Health Organization last year added the procedure to its list of recommended AIDS prevention measures.

So to me it is an interesting but pretty limited finding without more research.

yulia

Banned
Jan 25, 2008
Lafayette, CO
&lt;r&gt;&lt;QUOTE author="gagazine.com;25546"&gt;&lt;s&gt;
gagazine.com said:
&lt;/s&gt;Woops... I didn't mean to come in to instigate. Sorry, but when I said "excessive skin", the doctor meant that on some boys, the foreskin can be longer than average. In those cases, he would recommend circumcision as the "excessive skin" can hide lots of nasty stuff underneath.&lt;e&gt;
&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/QUOTE&gt;
&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;COLOR color="maroon"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;Once more, your doctor is WRONG big time! Even trying to be as polite as possible, I must admit that this doctor is an ignorant moron!&lt;e&gt;</SIZE>&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/SIZE&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/FONT]&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/FONT&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/COLOR]&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/COLOR&gt;&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;COLOR color="maroon"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;There is NO average foreskin length. And especially there is NO excessive skin. The more foreskin the better! &lt;e&gt;</SIZE>&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/SIZE&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/FONT]&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/FONT&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/COLOR]&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/COLOR&gt;&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;COLOR color="maroon"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt; &lt;e&gt;</SIZE>&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/SIZE&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/FONT]&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/FONT&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/COLOR]&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/COLOR&gt;&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;COLOR color="maroon"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;Please take a look at the DOCTORS Opposing Circumcision website. In FIQ ( &lt;e&gt;</SIZE>&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/SIZE&gt;&lt;URL url="&lt;/s&gt;&lt;B&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;Does my son’s overhanging foreskin need a ‘trim’?&lt;e&gt;&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/B&gt;&lt;e&gt;&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/COLOR&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/B]&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/B&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/URL]&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/URL&gt;” &lt;e&gt;[/B]&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/B&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/SIZE]</SIZE>&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/SIZE&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/FONT]&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/FONT&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/COLOR]&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/COLOR&gt;&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;COLOR color="maroon"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;My child has an unusually long, overhanging foreskin. It sure seems like a lot of floppy skin he does not need. I am opposed to circumcision generally, but it seems like my son needs ‘a trim.’ Should I be concerned?&lt;e&gt;</SIZE>&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/SIZE&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/FONT]&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/FONT&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/FONT]&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/FONT&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/COLOR]&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/COLOR&gt;&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;B&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;&lt;COLOR color="maroon"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt; &lt;e&gt;</SIZE>&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/SIZE&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/FONT]&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/FONT&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/COLOR]&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/COLOR&gt;&lt;e&gt;&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/B&gt;&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;FONT font="Times New Roman"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;&lt;COLOR color="maroon"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;”&lt;e&gt;&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/COLOR&gt;&lt;e&gt;</SIZE>&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/SIZE&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/FONT]&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/FONT&gt;&lt;/r&gt;

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
Yulia, can I ask you what you do for a profession? Is the information you get from researching sites? Just from most of your posts it seems as if you have not researched the other side to circ. Unless you have a PhD or several years I can not see how you have the right to say Dr's are wrong.
You are very one sided.
Here's the way things are...........people are ALWAYS going to get their children circumcised, that's fact. Can you change a few minds? Possibly. Can you do that on this board? Probably not.
Don't get me wrong. I like your passion for it but you do NOT know everything. You post tons of articles copy and pasted.........anyone could copy and paste the opposing side.
When do you decide to agree to disagree and call it quits?

yulia

Banned
Jan 25, 2008
Lafayette, CO
musicmom said:
Yulia, can I ask you what you do for a profession? Is the information you get from researching sites? Just from most of your posts it seems as if you have not researched the other side to circ. Unless you have a PhD or several years I can not see how you have the right to say Dr's are wrong.
You are very one sided.
Here's the way things are...........people are ALWAYS going to get their children circumcised, that's fact. Can you change a few minds? Possibly. Can you do that on this board? Probably not.
Don't get me wrong. I like your passion for it but you do NOT know everything. You post tons of articles copy and pasted.........anyone could copy and paste the opposing side.
When do you decide to agree to disagree and call it quits?
Musucmom, I don't know if you bothered to pay attention, but just to prevent this sort of comments I quoted (and put the link) DOCTORS, MDs; some of them USED TO perform circ as well until (unlike most of American doctors) they actually LOOKED into the issue of circ (and purpose of foreskin). </SIZE>[/FONT][/COLOR]

<SIZE size="125">I COMPLETELY disagree that people will always circ. That's what people once thought about black people being less than white, about slavery, about female genital mutilation, all this good stuff that also was legal BEFORE it became illegal. Now people look back at this with horror, they have no idea how crazy stuff like that could ever be considered by our society as a norm. And yet, it was. Male genital mutilation is no different. [/COLOR]</SIZE>

<SIZE size="125">. That is just a fact.[/COLOR]</SIZE>

As for my profession. First, my impulse told me to write a stay-at-home mom. Just because my profession has NOTHING TO DO with circumcision issue. It should be good enough that a smart person spends nearly THREE YEARS researching every single aspect of it; every single study.</SIZE>[/FONT][/COLOR]
But then, I just realized that you so much want me to be wrong, that you just won’t get the whole sarcasm of this answer. So I decided to answer differently. </SIZE>[/FONT][/COLOR]
<SIZE size="125">, I worked as a psychologist (3 years) and for a TV-and –Radio station (4 years).[/COLOR]</SIZE>

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
No saracism (yet.lol)
I told you what I saw was horrible but I also know it has it's benefits. I do believe a child can go without circumcision and would probably do the same if I had a boy (unless there were numbing meds)
Your analogy of white and black people has no relation to this type of debate. People vs Penis??? (could so be sarcastic)
I asked your profession because anyone could get information on a computer (stay at home mother) I could sit here all day and get into researching SIDS or HIV or the cure for cancer and just because I read it doesn't mean it 100% accurate.
I could honestly care less if you are wrong or right. That's something YOU came up with all by yourself. My point is to have ALL your facts straight and know what you are talking about.
There ARE benefits to circumcision no matter what you read hun. I think any mother would be defensive if you shoved this down their throat saying they mutilated their own child. You have to be ready for mothers to come back and say you are off your rocker.
I do not dislike you in fact I think you are very sweet but you are not a medical docter (nor am I) and you need to know that you are not 100% correct.
My personal opinion is that they will never make circ illegal, ever as long as it has one benefit (just one)

leland

PF Enthusiast
Feb 4, 2008
Memphis, TN
I would just like to say... Thank god i am circumsized.... Not only am i happy about it. But i wouldnt want to change it.. My parents atleast did 1 thing right besides having me. :cool: but seriously, im a firm believer in 2 things.. well more, but on this topic ill say 2 things.. 1..i believe in getting your kids circumsized... and the 2nd is I do believe the internet is not only has the best research available, but also has the most lies... Never believe everything you read... unless it comes from me. :D

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
leland said:
I would just like to say... Thank god i am circumsized.... Not only am i happy about it. But i wouldnt want to change it.. My parents atleast did 1 thing right besides having me. :cool: but seriously, im a firm believer in 2 things.. well more, but on this topic ill say 2 things.. 1..i believe in getting your kids circumsized... and the 2nd is I do believe the internet is not only has the best research available, but also has the most lies... Never believe everything you read... unless it comes from me. :D
lol that the information has to come from you. THats funny.

why do you believe that circiing is the right way to go?

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
lol I don't know what you are talking about, I have given to both a a circ'd and uncircd man, and neither was fun!!!

leland

PF Enthusiast
Feb 4, 2008
Memphis, TN
Kaytee said:
lol that the information has to come from you. THats funny.

why do you believe that circiing is the right way to go?
I personally feel its cleaner... I think it looks disgusting the other way... I also feel the zipper would get caught more..:swoon: