Continuation of "how do you explain gay?"...

bssage

Super Moderator
Oct 20, 2008
Iowa
parentastic said:
Pardon me bssage, but it's really not a simplistic question.

How do you know how the "equipment" is "supposed" to be "used" ?
What does it mean, "as intended" ?
Intended by who?
Apparently anatomy is not one of your strong suits. My boy has a hand out from school with kinda a cartoon illustration explaing how all that stuff works. Be glad to send it to you if you want.

parentastic said:
If the argument is that it's about reproduction, may I point out that heterosexual regularly have sex with each other using condoms (not for reproduction), masturbate (not for reproduction), using the pill (not for reproduction), do it when they can't have children (not for reproduction), and for thousands of other reasons not related to reproduction?
Yeah we understand that. See my last post. Not the point of the analogy but OK whatever.

parentastic said:
Since when then reproduction can be used as justification of whether homosexuality is "wrong" ?!?
I would guess several hundred of years ago.

parentastic said:
I am perfectly capable of understanding the axe and screwdriver analogy. The problem is not with the analogy: the problem is that the "logic" it illustrates makes no sense what so ever. It's a position driven by religious belief. Not by reason.
I am just going to rewrite your last sentence. It's a <U>belief</U> driven by religious <U>faith</U>. Not by reason. That would be correct IMHO.

parentastic said:
And <I>even if it was</I>, it is still their own life. Who are we to impose our values on their life?
I dont believe Testing or anyone else here is imposing anything on anyone. They are not entitled to their own point of view, opinion, or faith??

Last edited: