God & Marriages.. and some....

leland

PF Enthusiast
Feb 4, 2008
Memphis, TN
Well, im a curious to see if anyone here things the whole religon thing really helps there marriage?? I have always believed in god, but never religon.. if that makes sence... Its been weighing on my mind alot lately so i was curious if you guys thing get closer with church and such really helps you out, or are you just holding on to something with the whole church thing? See my problem there is so many hypicrits when it comes to religon.. Im a christian i believe no one should ever have a abortion.. yet they believe in the death penatly.. etc etc.. so many i dont even want to get into it. So, if church and religon has brought you closer in your marriage, mind telling me the good and such that it has brought, and how it changed you and your relationship??

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
I found a church and God found me and touched my heart (granted I still swear) Being in an abusive parental relationship and my marriage I had to find comfort and God was there. I felt him.
My dh saw the changed in me and he kinda tagged along and the spirit grabbed ahold of him. One day he refuses to clap or sing and a couple of months later he knows the words and clapping right along. (it was cool) It did bring us together because I'm very inquisitive and my dh is really friggen smart so it did bring us closer together.
Each religion has it's own perspective. I personally pick and chose and do my best to be the best Christian I can be. I am human, I am stubborn and I don't take crap. Being a Christian is admitting I am not perfect and that I am broken.
With that said.......the death penalty has nothing to do with churches per se but man. That's how they handled things 2000 yrs ago maybe. I hate killing. But if someone ever harmed my child I would be the first one in jail for murder. I am so politically incorrect. I just try and love and show kindness to whoever (except that retard BoozerX)
Church can most definitly make you stronger if you are a true practicing Christian, you'll know when it's right.

SuperMario

Banned
Aug 14, 2007
Same here I have believed in God but I don't follow any religion. Oh and I am not in a relationship so uh no comment lol. All I know is I am not baptizing my kids and boy oh boy my family is gonna flip! LOL

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
Baptizing your child doesn't mean your child does not go to heaven and NO WHERE in the bible does it say you have to baptize your child.
That's your preference.
I had mine Christend in a Catholic church and baptized in the gulf because that's what THEY wanted. It was so cool.

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
SM, if you wait till THEY can chose then you will miss out on a ton of morals and values that a church will teach them. You can teach them but they really respond to a group of thier peers even as small as two.
It takes a community to raise a child so I would suggest you find a good decent church. My children are so loving and caring with great hearts and they really listen when they are in there. Our church is like Nick Jr shows to them, they really go all out to teach the kids. I love it.

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
well fo rme it REALLY helped my marriage. Both my husband and I have always been Christians (sometimes better sometimes not such good ones). I was searching for something in my life. I was 3 months pregnant, my brother was just killed in Iraq. I was 1200 miles from my family and quite lonely. My SIL invited me to go to a program at her church called Family Night. Its basically held every wednesday, its free wo whoever wants to go and they give dinner and tehn after dinner they have different bible studies and the such. I went, only because I needed out of the house. DH worked midnights so we rarely saw each other.
I really found my church family that night. Before then I was the same way as you are, always had the religion in me, but didn't like the organized aspect of it.
It has now been about 3 years since. I love my church. I love the clergy, the people I work with ( I work in the nursery now) I love the members of the church. I love everything about it!!
It has increased my self esteem, and there fore has brought me so much closer to my husband. He goes to family nights with us every Wednesday. He does not go to church with us because he doesn't get home till 5 in the morning and sleeps till its time to go back to wok.
So while I think you can be a good Christian without a church, I think it can make it easier to follow God.

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
<r><QUOTE author="yulia;28507"><s></s><br/>
<br/>
&lt;SIZE size="3"&gt;&lt;s&gt;<SIZE size="125">&lt;/s&gt;&lt;COLOR color="darkred"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;Somebody said “While spirituality unites people, religion brings them apart”. So very true…&lt;e&gt;&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/FONT&gt;&lt;e&gt;
&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/COLOR&gt;&lt;e&gt;</SIZE>&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/SIZE&gt;&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;e&gt;[/COLOR]&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/COLOR&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/FONT]&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/FONT&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/quote]&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/QUOTE&gt;
&lt;B&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;When you get to the pearly gates make sure you tell God that.&lt;e&gt;&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/B&gt;&lt;/r&gt;

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
Kaytee, I am so sorry to hear about your brother. I can't even imagine. I am sorry for your lose. God Bless. ^i^

yulia

Banned
Jan 25, 2008
Lafayette, CO
&lt;r&gt;&lt;QUOTE author="musicmom;28524"&gt;&lt;s&gt;
musicmom said:
&lt;/s&gt;&lt;B&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;When you get to the pearly gates make sure you tell God that.&lt;e&gt;&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/B&gt;&lt;e&gt;
&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/QUOTE&gt;
&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;COLOR color="maroon"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;Well, as far as you’re concerned, HE made me this way. So, there is nothing to apologize for &lt;E&gt;;)&lt;/E&gt; &lt;E&gt;:p&lt;/E&gt; &lt;e&gt;&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/FONT&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/SIZE]</SIZE>&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/SIZE&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/COLOR]&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/COLOR&gt;&lt;/r&gt;

yulia

Banned
Jan 25, 2008
Lafayette, CO
musicmom said:
When you get to the pearly gates make sure you tell God that.
By the way, assuming, afterlife exists, the most real form for me to believe in would be reincarnation. It just makes so much more sense than heaven...[/SIZE]</SIZE>[/COLOR]

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
Even though I am a Christian I still ponder the thought of an actual place (heaven) I think that when we die we are energy and we kinda get scattered back into the world, like into our friends and family.
Maybe then we can be passed down from generation to generation. I don't know, it just makes more sense then floating on a cloud.
I guess I'll know soon enough.

yulia

Banned
Jan 25, 2008
Lafayette, CO
musicmom said:
Even though I am a Christian I still ponder the thought of an actual place (heaven) I think that when we die we are energy and we kinda get scattered back into the world, like into our friends and family.
Maybe then we can be passed down from generation to generation. I don't know, it just makes more sense then floating on a cloud.
I guess I'll know soon enough.
hey, hopefully, not too soon ;) ! I mean, I'm not crazy about you, but come on, you are too young for heaven ;) (haven't you heard, you need to be 80 at least ;) ).

But seriously, your idea of afterlife sound pretty spirtual! :)

yulia

Banned
Jan 25, 2008
Lafayette, CO
&lt;r&gt;&lt;QUOTE author="musicmom;28568"&gt;&lt;s&gt;
musicmom said:
&lt;/s&gt;&lt;B&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;I'm shooting for 110 at the least. lol&lt;e&gt;&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/B&gt;&lt;e&gt;
&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/QUOTE&gt;
&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;COLOR color="maroon"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;Hey, that’s too ambitious for a Christian! &lt;E&gt;;)&lt;/E&gt; &lt;E&gt;:p&lt;/E&gt; &lt;e&gt;&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/FONT&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/SIZE]</SIZE>&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/SIZE&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/COLOR]&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/COLOR&gt;&lt;/r&gt;

SuperMario

Banned
Aug 14, 2007
NOO thanks MusicMom. I don't need the anti sex bullcrap being shoved in there heads. I don't like a lot of the things the church teaches and if you think I need the church to teach my kids morals you are sorely mistaken.

SuperMario

Banned
Aug 14, 2007
musicmom said:
When you get to the pearly gates make sure you tell God that.
I'll also tell him he was an ass for killing all the first borns in Egypt! hehe Religion is man made. Yulia I bet God looks down and shakes his head at some of the ways people used religion for their benefit.