halloween costumes?...

singledad

PF Addict
Oct 26, 2009
South Africa
Ok, I'm starting to feel a bit weird, being part of all these threads about women's clothing, but anyway...

cebele is right - sexy is not about showing skin or boobs hanging out. Sure - guys will look at boobs that hang out because... well... they're boobs. :p

BUT: My GF and I went to a friend's wedding early last year. She wore a long dress that showed off her hips without clinging to them and completely hid her legs - only showing their shape when she moved (yes, I spent most of that night staring at her. I remember the finest detail). It was cut high in front, completely covering her boobs and then some, but the back and shoulders were bare. I couldn't keep my eyes of her. I thought she looked stunning. Her friend wore a tight low-cut dress that showed a lot of leg. She had a gorgeous body, but she looked cheap and awkward beside my GF, like a girl who showed off her body because she didn't have anything else to offer (or didn't believe she had).

A younger me would have gone for the friend. Admittedly, that younger me had very little respect for women. He would probably have tried getting into that tight dress and then lost her phone number. Thank god that younger me grew up at some point, and learned to appreciate confident women who respect themselves.

Which one do I want my daughter to grow up to be? Definitely not the one in the tight dress.

I hope my currently relationship lasts. One of the reasons is because I think my GF is a good role model for my daughter. I hope she can help my daughter understand that the way to be sexy is not by showing off as much of your body as possible, but rather... hell, I'm not even sure what it is, but I know it when I see it, and my GF has it...

Neway

PF Regular
Oct 19, 2012
Australia
singledad said:
Ok, I'm starting to feel a bit weird, being part of all these threads about women's clothing, but anyway...
We're just helping you get in touch with your feminine side :cute:

I'm on the rollercoaster ride that is teenage fashion.....and it's making me want to hurl.

But, as with all things parental, this too shall pass, I just hope that she comes out the other end with some of her self esteem intact.

Cop2be

PF Fiend
May 28, 2009
Denver, Colorado 3oh3! <3
Neway said:
We're just helping you get in touch with your feminine side :cute:

I'm on the rollercoaster ride that is teenage fashion.....and it's making me want to hurl.

But, as with all things parental, this too shall pass, I just hope that she comes out the other end with some of her self esteem intact.
My moms biggest issue was low rise jeans.
I remember I was starting 6th or 7th grade and my grand parents were shopping with us and I wanted low rise jeans.

I got them cause my grand parents were buying but my mom made sure to make a scene in the middle of kohls about how she hated them.

Cop2be

PF Fiend
May 28, 2009
Denver, Colorado 3oh3! <3
I never was into skirts so that was never an issue.
And luckily I grew up wearing tank tips and spaghetti strap type shirts so it was a non issue.

But then again she wears jeans and tshirts all the time so it's not like she's much into fashion and never understood me wanting to dress like my peers or wear the "popular" clothes and stuff from hollister.

cybele

PF Addict
Feb 27, 2012
Australia
Selective reading?

Like when I text my kids that says "Can you guys order pizza and bring the clothes in?"

And I get home and there is pizza but no clothes.

Mom2all

PF Fiend
Nov 25, 2009
Eastern North Carolina, USA
I was thinking the same thing. :goofy:

My 16 year old this very minute has dyed her beautiful brown curly hair with streaks of magenta. She's been wearing this beret on her head to boot and her 20/20 eyes are now covered with fake eye glasses. I am fortunate she's not trying to show her rear end or cleavage.. but is trying to make herself look.... different. One day I hope she'll look in the mirror and realize that she is beautiful without all the... extras. Trying to look like everyone else shows to the world that you haven't quite found who you are. :yikes:

cybele

PF Addict
Feb 27, 2012
Australia
Then some of us took the modifications to such an extreme that they are pernament, and now can't go back.

For the record, I don't regret any of it, I do actually like how I look however I can accept that it has hindered me in many ares, and wl continue to for the rest of my life. I don't take issue to my kids having coloured hair, tatts or piecings, as long as it does not get to a point of hinderance.

I know, I'm such a hypocrite. A purple dreadlocked, inked, elvish hypocrite with too much metal in my face.

Mom2all

PF Fiend
Nov 25, 2009
cybele said:
I know, I'm such a hypocrite. A purple dreadlocked, inked, elvish hypocrite with too much metal in my face.
I have a hug tat on my back and a nose ring. That's my wild side. I don't begrudge them getting ether but I am like you in that I don't want them to cover their face or lower arms with things that may hinder them later on. In fact.. I don't want them to do anything permanent until they are old enough to have thought it through.

singledad

PF Addict
Oct 26, 2009
South Africa
LOL - yup. I have tats on both forearms. If my daughter even considered that before she was 21... she'd be grounded until she's like... 35 (right around the time she's allowed to start dating :p). I had my reasons for getting them and I don't regret it, but it does impact your life. Wearing long sleeves every day in summer in Africa, when your company's policy says "no visible tats" is no fun. And yes, people tend to judge you...

cybele

PF Addict
Feb 27, 2012
Australia
I have 19.

Hands, arms, chest, back, legs, feet, neck.

I am very fortunate for it to be a non-issue at work. My boss doesn't care and my clients judge me on my folio before they even meet me.

Dita went out and got a chest piece the day she turned 18, I cringed at the thought, but it looks nice and she's interested in an industry where it won't matter.

singledad

PF Addict
Oct 26, 2009
South Africa
I have 5 - one on each fore arm, one on my right wrist, and two on my back.

Fortunately my current company is less strict. They only expect me to cover up when seeing clients, which isn't often at this stage...

Neway

PF Regular
Oct 19, 2012
Australia
singledad said:
And yes, people tend to judge you...
singledad said:
I have 5 - one on each fore arm, one on my right wrist, and two on my back.

You need more, lol.

DH has full sleeves, full back, one on each calf, and one on each side of his chest. He has a shaved head, two earrings in each ear, weighs 100kg and looks like a bikie....

The boys that Ms17 has brought home so far have been sh*t-scared of him lol.

Jus sayin ;)

cybele

PF Addict
Feb 27, 2012
Australia
HAHA. I might have to borrow him when Sunny and Lux start bringing boys home... actually, probably just Sunny. I can really see her going after "the bad boys". Lux will probably go after a goody-two-shoes, so that's not an issue.

My husband is really short, he's built, he goes to the gym, but most teenagers just tower over him, he's only around the 160cm mark.

<SIZE size="75">and I am pretty sure that he doesn't weigh any more then 70 kilos, simply because of his muscle, if he didn't have it, he would be around the 55-60 mark.</SIZE>

singledad

PF Addict
Oct 26, 2009
South Africa
Neway said:
You need more, lol.

DH has full sleeves, full back, one on each calf, and one on each side of his chest. He has a shaved head, two earrings in each ear, weighs 100kg and looks like a bikie....

The boys that Ms17 has brought home so far have been sh*t-scared of him lol.

Jus sayin ;)
LOL! :biglaugh:

Excellent advice, thanks. :D

I already have the shaved head... I just need the earrings, more muscle and more tats...

Mmmm...

Neway

PF Regular
Oct 19, 2012
Australia
cybele said:
HAHA. I might have to borrow him when Sunny and Lux start bringing boys home...
Neway's Hire-a-Hubby at your service.....will need a weeks notice though cause he's a big sook and won't get on a plane :rolleyes:

Mom2all

PF Fiend
Nov 25, 2009
And then there are the was "I really that drunk" tats....
I thought both of mine through. They are large but had meaning and it took me years to get them.

My honey, however, was a bit of a wild man back in the day. He has an Italian flag on his lower leg.. or more a square with a few strips.. and his ex's name I get to look at on his chest every single day.... :eek:

The others I like.