huge scare...

Lissa

PF Visionary
Sep 12, 2007
I went to pick Oliver's up from the babysitter's house (next door). I rang the doorbell and knocked several times and nobody answered. So I went home, grabbed the phone and called. No answer. I go back to the house knock again and still no answer. Walk around the side of the house and I can hear my baby crying in the basement. I tried to look through the window but there were curtains in the way. I panicked. I FREAKED. So I'm pounding on the back door. Run around to the front, ring the door bell again. Then go the basement window and knock. NOBODY ANSWERED. All I can hear is Oliver crying. I literally wanted to vomit. I was so scared. I went home and called 911. The cop was a real asshole and it took him forever to get here. He walked around the house, knocked on the backdoor. No answer. The whole time he was being a real ass to me. Telling me to speak up and to tell the story from the beginning. I said Listen here asshole (well I didn't say asshole but I should have), my 19 month old son is in that basement crying, you better fucking knock down that door right now. I couldn't believe the jerk. I couldn't believe the cop was acting like such a jerk. I was obviously upset and so my speech was slurred but have a little fucking compassion!

Anyway the cop finally pounds really hard on the door and the babysitter answered. She apologized over and over again saying that she couldn't hear the phone or the doorbell or all the knocks. I have to believe her because I do trust her. But definitely from now on I want her to take the phone with her into the basement when the kids nap. I was scared out of my friggin mind!

Now I kinda feel like an ass for calling the cops. I didn't know what to do though. I hope she isn't upset with me. She really is a good neighbor and babysitter.

Music-dad

PF Addict
Apr 22, 2008
Right here. Right now.
OMG...I so glad everything is ok, take a deep breath...everything is OK.

You may trust your babysitter 100%, but I don't know if I'm buyin' it. (My Opinion Only!!!)

You could hear noise from inside...how could she not hear noise from outside and the phone, and the door pounding and the cop banging (I'm sure he banged loud). What was she doing during this entire ordeal?

Was she tending to Oliver when he was crying? I can't see a baby crying completely blocking out all other sounds.

You had every right to call the cops, EVERY RIGHT!!!! do not feel bad about this at all!

Just seems a little odd to me.

Lissa

PF Visionary
Sep 12, 2007
I agree that it is odd. But I do want to give her the benefit of the doubt. I do. I'm going to tell her from now on to take the phone with her into the basement when she watches Oliver to prevent me from freaking out in the future.

Lissa

PF Visionary
Sep 12, 2007
HappyMomma said:
That would probably scare the heck outta me too.

Why was he crying?
She said he was crying because he was just going down for a nap. She said she didn't hear anything because she was downstairs trying to get her little one to sleep.

I truly think that she felt terrible. When she saw the cop and me crying she immediately hugged me and apologized over and over.

Music-dad

PF Addict
Apr 22, 2008
Right here. Right now.
Lissa said:
I agree that it is odd. But I do want to give her the benefit of the doubt. I do. I'm going to tell her from now on to take the phone with her into the basement when she watches Oliver to prevent me from freaking out in the future.
When it comes to the care and well-being of my child, I rarely give anyone the benefit of the doubt, when I have even the smallest doubt...I look into the situation and why it happened.

Cthru

PF Fiend
May 11, 2008
Chicago suburbs
Sorry, but it sounds totally fishy to me! I don't blame you one bit for being scared out of your mind or for calling the cops. I agree, if you can hear him there is no reason she couldn't hear you unless she had headphones on or something..

I'm glad all is ok!

Trina

PF Addict
Jun 10, 2007
CT
I agree with MD. The whole situation doesn't sit right with me. Definite red flags.

Lissa

PF Visionary
Sep 12, 2007
HappyMomma said:
If she couldn't hear the knocking and the phone ringing... how is she supposed to hear if something horrible happened?
She was downstairs with the children.

Lissa

PF Visionary
Sep 12, 2007
Where are the doorbells in the house is what I'm wondering. Don't you think you'd be able to hear a doorbell both upstairs and downstairs? Why when I knocked on the basement window did Oliver hear me and cry, but she couldn't hear me knocking?

Lissa

PF Visionary
Sep 12, 2007
HappyMomma said:
Is this the same place he was getting pinched?
Yes it is.

This was the first time he's been there for quite a long time. I had a doctor's appointment and we only needed coverage for two hours because Jason had to go to work.

Lissa

PF Visionary
Sep 12, 2007
Do you think I should take him to the doctor and make sure nothing weird was going on?