Introducing.......

mom2many

Super Moderator
Jul 3, 2008
melba, Idaho
the newest member of our family, my fur grandbaby Ace. He is a 6 week old 1/4 pit, 1/2 border collie and 1/4 unknown lol.

So far Marley likes him, although Marley's head is bigger then Ace, and the little ones are in heaven. Samantha on the other hand is learning what "motherhood" is like :jiggy:.

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
OMG He's ADORABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just want to cuddle him to pieces!!!! AWW!!

mom2many

Super Moderator
Jul 3, 2008
melba, Idaho
Dadu2004 said:
How cute! Though it looks like your Beagle might eat him for lunch. :)

Yeah Marley is a big boy, even for a coonhound. When we got him I knew his parents were of medium size so I wasn't to concerned. Yesterday my friend (who we got him from) came over and it had been a few weeks since she saw him just stared at him, she could not believe how big he is, she said he is twice the size of his siblings.

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
Omg that is so cute with them next to each other!! Your coonhound is probably one of the prettiest ones I've seen! And I've seen a few! :p He's also pretty big for his breed! Both just absolutely beautiful dogs, I love them both!!! <3

Antoinette

PF Addict
Mar 2, 2010
Australia
is that like a bloodhound? i have never heard of a coonhound before lol...

Ace is freakin adorable like seriously omg i just want to cuddle him forever...

and XOX please post the pic of your husky X wolf i am imagining it but it is hard.. i love husky's but i couldn't imagine having a dog that was crossed with a wolf. we couldn't do it here in Australia..... its the most exciting thing i have heard all day lol

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
Blood hounds are generally a little bigger than coon hounds, and they have a droopier face and possibly a bit longer ears, but all in all they are a pretty similar breed. :)

Marley is a really great example of what a coon hound would look like.

A blood hound might look more like:

mom2many

Super Moderator
Jul 3, 2008
melba, Idaho
Xero said:
Blood hounds are generally a little bigger than coon hounds, and they have a droopier face and possibly a bit longer ears, but all in all they are a pretty similar breed. :)

Marley is a really great example of what a coon hound would look like.

A blood hound might look more like:

True, they are similar. Marley is a Walker Coonhound, and they are direct descendants of the English Foxhound, so they have the nose for hunting, even though Marley can rarely find food you throw at him :eek:. They were bread to hunt raccoons and other small animals but out here they are used for bears more then anything, although they practice on raccoons. Marley likes to practice with the cat's, they have a very distinct howl...it sounds like horrible and drives me crazy. Recently though he has discovered coyotes, and that has become his favorite thing to chase.

Here is a full body pic of my baby...

Antoinette said:
i think Marley is cuter...

so i take it they are bred to hunt.. raccoons???
I agree with you!

XOX- your pup is adorable, we wanted a wolf hybrid but because of where we live we were afraid someone would shot him on site and ask questions later...look at what happened to Fatso.

Antoinette

PF Addict
Mar 2, 2010
Australia
whats a hybrid wolf? is it like an actual wolf but domestic?

i thought i knew about dogs but America has ones i didn't even know existed. i never would have thought you could have a pet wolf.

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
There is a guy who comes into my work all the time who has THREE wolves! I forget what he exactly called them, but if you saw them you could see that they are full blooded, wild looking wolves. o__O Like I am scared to pet them even though they look friendly. Wolves were one of my biggest fears as a kid. Which is rediculous considering the amount of R rated movies I watched at that age, because I was afraid of wolves thanks to "The Never Ending Story" LOL!!

On a side note, its funny to come back to this topic because I encountered a blood hound at work today! He was a cutie.

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
I work at PetSmart lol, nothing special, but I get to see a lot of animals. Mostly dogs, sometimes cats, other than that I have seen anything from, McCaws, other birds, long haired Guinea pigs, Rats, Iguanas, and much more! Not to mention the animals we sell, of course. That's just what I have seen the customers bring in.