Introducing.......

NancyM

PF Addict
Jul 2, 2010
New York
M2m
That puppy is the cutest little thing I ever saw. OMG he is soo cute.

We have an American Eskimo. He is an old boy now I believe he's close to 14, but here is a pic of him a few years ago. His name is Ami. and we got him from the dog pound believe it or not. We were very lucky. He's a sweet natured boy.

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
ElliottCarasDad said:
If I worked at a pet store my house would look like a zoo! How do you do it?
I think if we would have had a dog before the kids were born it would have been cool because the kids would have been used to it. To get one right now it seems like I would just be submitting the dog to torture! I think I need to give Cara a year or two yet.
Its hard not to take them all home! haha but I get my fill of animal attention while I'm at work. Its not so much whether or not Eli would like it, its more just that there is so much time and effort involved in taking GOOD care of a dog, and really any animal. That's something that I don't know if we're prepared to give yet, I guess. Plus I will need some convincing about a dog lol I have really bad germ issues and there are a lot of things about owning a dog that gross me out severely. :eek: But at a later time in our lives, I can see it happening.

M2M - I think you are right about the federal wage, and some states setting their own higher. I am pretty sure Florida has a higher minimum wage too, as I was told by someone who lives there. I don't exactly know lol.

Nancy - That dog is beautiful! I have seen his breed before. He looks so nice, and so well taken care of. It drives me crazy when people with long haired dogs don't take care of their dog's coats. :(

Antoinette

PF Addict
Mar 2, 2010
Australia
i agree so much xero. omgoodness when people have long haired dogs and don't brush them and wash them etc it makes me insane.. why take the responsibility of caring for an animal but not be responsible for it.

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
Ugh I see it all the time. Long haired dogs coming into my work all matted up and dirty/gross just drives me nuts. If you don't want to spend the money to have them groomed, then you should at least wash and brush them regularly yourself. Gosh! :/

NancyM

PF Addict
Jul 2, 2010
New York
Thanks, he's a real sweet natured dog, I believe the A.E. has just recently been recognized by American Kennel Association, (don't know if that's the proper term) but The American Eskimo is now in the dog shows if you noticed, and that's only been for the last few years.

This is a better picture of his whole body, he's a little dog.lol

NancyM

PF Addict
Jul 2, 2010
New York
Xero said:
Ugh I see it all the time. Long haired dogs coming into my work all matted up and dirty/gross just drives me nuts. If you don't want to spend the money to have them groomed, then you should at least wash and brush them regularly yourself. Gosh! :/
I agree, the poor animal. Ami belongs to my MIL but he kind of likes me better! I'm not sure know why, other than, she's old and doesn't respond to him as fast as she use to? She also yells at him a lot. I don't like that! He comes in my room and wants to be with me, of course I let him. It's kind of weird.

He's really a good little guy though, I've heard however that this breed is normally NOT as gentle, and I met another one once at the park who was totally aggressive and nasty. Like I said it's kind of a new breed so Im sure we'll learn more about it.

Antoinette

PF Addict
Mar 2, 2010
Australia
my aunt has a collie (like lassie) and she s very pretty with beautiul long hair but she has stopped washing and brushing her and her hair is al matted at the back.. its sad. i wouldn't like it if my hair was matted and gross so why subject an animal to that?