Introducing.......

mom2many

Super Moderator
Jul 3, 2008
melba, Idaho
Antoinette said:
wow... that is so cool. i want to work in a pet store.. but i would want to take all the animals home lol

I am like you and I already have a small "farm".

A wolf hybrid is usually at least 1/2 to a 1/4 wolf and usually mixed with a German Shepard or a husky.

xox.ilu.xox

PF Addict
Dec 17, 2009
Kamloops, British Columbia, Canada
HAHAHAHA! Thanks everyone, she is absolutely amazing. We got her from a ranch about 2 hours away, paid $200 bucks for her, I think it was the best $200 we have ever spent :) She had 10 sibblings!!! Some cities have by-laws regarding hybrid wolf dogs, but luckily our city doesn't :) Some people keep them outside in pens, which i do NOT agree with. Thats what makes them unpredictable. (Ive done a lot of reasearch on hybrids). Daisy has been amazing with hayleigh. Heck, hayleigh uses her as a couch most days haha. And she gets along great with our two kitties :) And the kicker is shes not even spayed yet (its outrageous to spay a dog of her size lol). Heck Antoinette move to canada ;)

Antoinette

PF Addict
Mar 2, 2010
Australia
haha i didn't even think of Canada lol... i guess its more like Australia than America is. at least its part of the commonwealth lol

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
Yeah you'd probably be better off in Canada Antoinette lol. Might be a little colder, but other than that. :p

Although I have been told that the prices and taxes on merchandise are way jacked up there compared to us, but I can only imagine that minimum wage and whatnot must make up for the cost of living.

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
Oh we definitely do, I was just imagining that maybe Canada would have a higher minimum wage than we do considering their high taxes and (from what I am told, I don't know first hand) higher prices on merchandise compared to America. Our minimum wage here in PA is $7.25 an hour. It actually varies by state.

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
xox.ilu.xox said:
But other than that, BC is a great place to live becuase medical is covered if you are low income (the government pays for it)
Really? Wow, I was always under the assumption that everybody had free health care there for some reason. Health care is free, paid for by the government, for low income people in America as well. Maybe our cut offs are lower or something.

xox.ilu.xox

PF Addict
Dec 17, 2009
Kamloops, British Columbia, Canada
they must be, cuz when pete was trucking our medical was covered.....and he made about 250000-30,000 a year doing that. I guess u could say all medical is free, cuz if I think about it, if we didnt have medical coverage through petes work, our medical coverage would be covered....hmm, lol. I've just been so used to not having to worry about medical, that I havent really given it a thought.

superman

PF Fiend
Aug 23, 2010
Canada
aw man thats gonna be a beautiful dog. damn i miss my girl. enjoy life with him and again a beautiful mix

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
Yeah ECD that's how DH and I feel about it. I'm not that much of a dog owner person, but we have thought we wanted one off and on sometimes. There will always be time for a dog in the future.

ElliottCarasDad

PF Addict
Sep 10, 2008
Iowa
If I worked at a pet store my house would look like a zoo! How do you do it?
I think if we would have had a dog before the kids were born it would have been cool because the kids would have been used to it. To get one right now it seems like I would just be submitting the dog to torture! I think I need to give Cara a year or two yet.

mom2many

Super Moderator
Jul 3, 2008
melba, Idaho
I could be wrong but I think federal minimum wage is 7.25 but some states, like California have higher minimum wages put in place by the state.

ECD-thanks he's a cutie. And I am with you on working in a pet store. I already have a menagerie I could not imagine the little farm I would have if I had to work at a pet store.