james' mom filed for custody...

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
not a whole lot new, the kids are really busy with school and football and soccer, it's kinda crazy right now. DS1 had his first football (american football) game of the season yesterday, and even though they lost he was all over the feild making play - 4 solo tackles, so I was really proud of the effort he put out there.

superman

PF Fiend
Aug 23, 2010
Canada
mom2many said:
You'll have to share your painting with us when you can.

My life is pretty boring, would probably put you to sleep but everything is going good. Homeschooling is moving along fairly well, and the weather is finally out of the 100's.
You are lucky to have a peaceful life right now, enjoy it a little :)

xox.ilu.xox said:
I'm so glad to hear you are doing the right thing for you and your kids superman. So very proud of you!!!! For mr life's been hectic started a full time job 10 hr shifts 4 days a week night shift to boot haha. But I finally splurged and got an iPhone and even got a new tattoo today on the inside of my arm. 5 flowers it's sp freakin pretty haha and it didn't hurt very much at all. Keep us up to date and let is know how you are doing xoxo
Ohh sounds sick. Pics?

singledad said:
That's good, superman. It sounds like you're doing a lot of learning and growing. I'm actually really excited for you!

As for me - nothing really spectacular is happening. I've got a tread going about a bit of a dilemma I'm facing, but nothing too bad. All in all, life is good :)
Thanks dude. Oh I will have to read that..

NancyM said:
Good to hear from you, you sound good.
Lets see. My crazy Sister in law moved from South Dakota and was suppose to move back to Florida, on her way to Florida she wanted to come here to NY to see her 94 yr old mother whom by the way she hasn't ever cared to visit, anyway she's here, and it looks like she has no intention of leaving. She's been here since July 3rd...!

Anyway besides that everything is fine! lol
Stay well.
Ahh.. Oh man that's a rough spot, what do you plan on doing?

IADad said:
not a whole lot new, the kids are really busy with school and football and soccer, it's kinda crazy right now. DS1 had his first football (american football) game of the season yesterday, and even though they lost he was all over the feild making play - 4 solo tackles, so I was really proud of the effort he put out there.
Nice, man!

singledad

PF Addict
Oct 26, 2009
South Africa
superman said:
Thanks dude. Oh I will have to read that..
Thanks, but you know what? Don't. Its really cool of you to care about us, but right now you get to be 100% selfish. We'll be fine. :) Concentrate on <U>you</U> - when you've completed your program and got your life back on track, you can worry about us again. ;)

superman

PF Fiend
Aug 23, 2010
Canada
Lmao, is it about the dudes burning down there houses? Lol, it's ok. I'm actually getting sick of talking about myself in here, its sickening. cool to hear from u guys on here!

singledad

PF Addict
Oct 26, 2009
South Africa
Nah, that's just some inexplicable African craziness. :rolleyes: I was referring to my thread about introducing my daughter to my mother. But that's sorted now anyway. :)

Yup, it can get tiring talking and thinking about yourself, but keep going, it's important ;)

mom2many

Super Moderator
Jul 3, 2008
melba, Idaho
LOL at talking about yourself, I can imagine after a while that would get a little boring. Keep at it though if it means you will get better.

superman

PF Fiend
Aug 23, 2010
Canada
lol thanks guys. I'm actually so excited to see my boys. So much time has been wasted in a sense. but i'm going to make up for it :)

NancyM

PF Addict
Jul 2, 2010
New York
NancyM said:
Good to hear from you, you sound good.
Lets see. My crazy Sister in law moved from South Dakota and was suppose to move back to Florida, on her way to Florida she wanted to come here to NY to see her 94 yr old mother whom by the way she hasn't ever cared to visit, anyway she's here, and it looks like she has no intention of leaving. She's been here since July 3rd...!

Anyway besides that everything is fine! lol
Stay well.
Well she left. lol It's always like that she comes to our house Mooches for free all she can, fights with everyone and leaves. My SIL is well off financially, she retired from the federal government at 42 and received a buy out when she left which means they gave her something like 45 thousand dollars to retire and she got to keep her medical insurance for life, and now receives a decent size check each month. She doesn't have to work, but while here, she would not even buy her own food and believe me she will anything that doesn't try to eat her first! lol

She told all her friends to call us to find out what we're thinking, and the dummies do it. It's so silly because they're like 60 years old acting like they're 10.

My MIL is so old now that she can't even remember what she does so there's no sense in arguing with her but my SIL screams and yells at her all the time. Apparently, that's what happened she had a screaming match with my MIL. (who is 94 remember) So she packed up everything including her two nasty cats and left.

This time she is mooching off a friend and is living within a few miles from us. Good riddance. lol Hope your doing well SM, Just thought I'd give you a laugh. lol

superman

PF Fiend
Aug 23, 2010
Canada
Yep, two weeks... By the time my program finishes, we'll be going to court. Im not allowing her to get full custodylm ao.

singledad

PF Addict
Oct 26, 2009
South Africa
Congrats :D

And now the hard work really starts... ;)

Do you have any plans set up for continued support? Do you have someone to talk to when the going gets tough?

NancyM

PF Addict
Jul 2, 2010
New York
superman said:
Home now! Wahoo

Welcome home Superman, I'll be thinking about you and keeping you in my prayers. Now go show the courts that your a good father, and a responsible human being. I'm proud of you.

Good luck

superman

PF Fiend
Aug 23, 2010
Canada
Thanks sd, julie &amp; nancy. :)

I am gonna be going to AA meetings every week for now. I met a pretty cool dude while I was there.. kinda each others confidant with our addictions.

singledad

PF Addict
Oct 26, 2009
South Africa
superman said:
Thanks sd, julie &amp; nancy. :)

I am gonna be going to AA meetings every week for now. I met a pretty cool dude while I was there.. kinda each others confidant with our addictions.
Sounds great :)

singledad

PF Addict
Oct 26, 2009
South Africa
superman said:
eh.. we'll see
Well, it sounds like your head is in the right place, and you're doing the right things. Of course it won't be easy, but you've got a support network in AA. So just take it one day at a time (lol - I bet your already sick of that phrase :p ) and focus on fighting for your boy. I refuse to believe that someone who has the guts to volutarily commit himself to a residential program, will not succeed in the long run.

And remember, you have a second support network on this forum ;)

superman

PF Fiend
Aug 23, 2010
Canada
Very true sd, very true. It's not that doubt my will power... Idk, I guess its just all new and weird &amp; ill have to ajust.