james's mom pissed off again..what else is new?...

superman

PF Fiend
Aug 23, 2010
Canada
xox.ilu.xox said:
oh superman....... I wish I could give you a slap in the back of the head right now :p. Tisk tisk young man!!! But I'm glad you understand what you did was not cool. Being a young father is hard, im sure. I was a young mom (not in my teens or anything) but I was 21 when my daughter was born. It's definately a learning curve, even for mommy. I agree with everyone, I think apologizing to James' mom will help settle the seas a bit. I can understand why she has some trust issues, I know if I were in her position I probably would too. But you have to prove to her, and yourself, that you are better than what she thinks you are, and that you will turn your life around for your son, he deserves that, and you know that too, im sure ;)

Keep us updated superman!!! If you need anything, PM me!!!

xox
yeah it really altered my life bein young. i mean i was 15, and now lookin back i dont think i was ready AT ALL. even though i thought i was.
i have yet to get over sum issues but i will. thanks ilu, ur pretty awesome not gonna lie
NancyM said:
Hey Superman

I give you credit for coming here and telling us about your slip ups, It's such a good thing that you recognize them. I think you have a great deal of potential, I don't consider you a dead beat dad, I know you love your son and I think you support him financially and emotionally .

Why don't you try to start by changing the days you party, or if possible changing the days you have visitation with your son. For instance, if you look forward to partying on the weekends, than don't have James on those days. And make a deal with yourself that on the days you do have James you won't party at all.

Not even in the morning of that day, or anytime at all that day. I know it sounds easy, but it should be! Try changing a little at a time. It has to be realistic though or you won't keep to it.

You know what the problems are, and you seem like your trying to correct them, just don't ever give up on yourself, you have the power to change anything you want about you. And you have the best reason in the world..James, and your new baby on the way. They will be so proud of you one day when you began to teach them what isn't cool for a dad to do, and believe me those days will come. You will be able to say, 'I did this, and I stopped because I loved you guys so much' and you'll be telling the truth.

Just Keep on trying Superman, even if you slip and never give up.
thats right dude. im just gonna drink still and whatever...on the days i dont have him though :) its better.

sbattisti said:
BTW, I love the "airline pilot" idea...

Seems like a way to work towards more responsibility...
i think so to

dgthomp

Jan 21, 2011
Seattle WA
Sounds like she knows how to push your buttons, my ex is the same way but i've been able to overcome it with a zen mentality. Remember to look through life in your son's eyes as well as your own, I know you're struggling but have faith in that making a safe environment for him is always the best choice.

FulltimeParent

Jan 21, 2011
It sounds like there are some anger issues here. The fact that you would willing go into a public forum, (Where she can save what you type here and use it AGAINST YOU) shows that you have some thinking to do.

Prioritize what's important. Stop negotiating with your child. In your mind you are saying:

"I can do what I WANT to AND take care of my CHILD"

But you should be saying:

"I will do what I HAVE to TO take care of MY CHILD"

My two cents