Names and Why?...

Mindy

PF Addict
Feb 20, 2008
QC, Canada
Teresa said:
My cousin's is spelled Nickole, because she's named for her father, Nickie....his name is Nickie Stephen, not Nick or Nicholas.
Yeah, I had just assumed Kaytee had a french heritage :)

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
Mindy said:
Yeah, I had just assumed Kaytee had a french heritage :)
nope its after Nicholas. If she ever goes by Nicki, it will be spelt that way, not Nikki. But right now she has never been called Nicki so not really an issue. lol

And to those that said sorry, thanks

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
23 and go ahead, the site hasn't been up for quite awhile. My brother Steve was running it and is having some marital problems right now. We also had major issues with trolls coming on and leaving horrific posts, so its kinda at a stand still.

Mindy

PF Addict
Feb 20, 2008
QC, Canada
damn those trolls.

23 :( My baby brother just turned 24.

His platoon was leaving for Bosnia in 2004 when he was discharged due to severely torn ligaments in both legs and ankles.

Just checked it out, and he was gorgeous Kaytee.

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
well thank you and thank you to your brother . He was gorgeous and he is missed so very much. I always say that we can't replace him but with Nichole, its like always having him with us. My older brother Kevin is still in the Army. he is stationed in Germany as he is undeployable because of Nick. He was in Iraq for 3 tours though, Nick was on his first

Mindy

PF Addict
Feb 20, 2008
QC, Canada
Kaytee said:
well thank you and thank you to your brother . He was gorgeous and he is missed so very much. I always say that we can't replace him but with Nichole, its like always having him with us. My older brother Kevin is still in the Army. he is stationed in Germany as he is undeployable because of Nick. He was in Iraq for 3 tours though, Nick was on his first
Thank the Good Lord.

And I won't ever forget what your brother lost to protect us. All of us, Canadians included.

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
thank you. Yes I agree its great he can't go back to Iraq, but at the same time it has hurt his carreer as a soldier. Now its hard to get promotions and such as he can't go in very many units. Its still better then Iraq (at least for us lol) but not so much for his career

1dayatatime

PF Addict
Oct 3, 2007
AZ
My darling son is Havoc Johnny. He's cool like that. lol. I think I got Havoc from a cartoon when I was like 12. It just struck me that it would be a cool name. Johnny is dads actual first name according to his birth certificate. He has always went by John.

DD is named after her moms brother Eric and has her aunt(Johns sis) middle name. Ericka Leann.

Claire64

PF Fanatic
Mar 10, 2008
My kids are

Ryan MacConnell - Ryan is just because I liked it. It was really popular at the time, but I didn't care. MacConnell is my maiden name. I chose it because it's sort of after my dad, his name is Michael MacConnell and always goes by Mack.

Sean Frederick - Sean I just liked, Frederick is after the song "Frederick" by Patti Smith. Adam and I danced to it once at a 70's party and we both loved it. It's like our second song.

Landon Adrian - Landon is after after my best friend from high school, Tom Landon. He was in a serious car accident when I was pregnant with Landon and was still in a coma when Landon was born, but he pulled through and has a daughter now, who he named Claire. Adrian is after my cousin.

Kathleen Patricia - Kathleen is just a name that I always liked. Patricia is after Adam's mom.

Nathan Dean - Nathan I just liked, Dean is after my mom, Geraldine.

Anna78

PF Enthusiast
Jul 8, 2007
London, UK
Kayla Victoria - Kayla is just a name I liked, I had liked is since I was about 16 and had always planned to call my first daughter that. Victoria was a name that I thought went with it

Evie Delaney - Again, both just names I really liked. I heard Evie through a friend who was thinking of naming her daughter that, she went with Freya instead so I took Evie lol.

Sawyer William - After watching Lost while I was pregnant, I fell in love with Sawyer lol and thats where that comes from. William is a big family name from my side, pretty much all the men have William as a middle name.

At the moment, we are thinking of Felix Joseph for this baby, Felix is a name that we both actually agree on, Joseph is DH's middle name

Cthru

PF Fiend
May 11, 2008
Chicago suburbs
No major meaning behind my girls names Lauren Elizabeth and Lindsey Alise
They're twins and I liked the way it flowed together. I almost made Lindseys middle name Elise, but I didn't want them to have the same exact initials.

Michael Christopher was named after my brother Michael, who died at 41 from a sudden heart attack. His middle name is after my husband.

Music-dad

PF Addict
Apr 22, 2008
Right here. Right now.
musicmom said:
I really liked Lyric when I heard it. I might steal it.

Wow...that's very cool. I thought about musical names,

Aria, Symphony, Synthia, Melody, Cadence, Canon, Sonofina etc.

(or how about Mordent and Retardando :) )

...but I stuck with the name I decided on the night I met her Mother, (11 years previous).

Music-dad

PF Addict
Apr 22, 2008
Right here. Right now.
Mindy said:
LOL, yup that was a typo on my part, you are right...

And if baby was a girl she was going to be Rhythme :D
That would work too, although I don't really see the need for the "e" at the end, but I guess it does sort of feminize it a bit.