Names and Why?...

budnkota

PF Fanatic
Mar 28, 2008
Indiana
ljmahr said:
Taylor Kaylynn--I first heard Taylor on Days of Our Lives, lol. Kaylynn, I just liked it.
Kaelyn was my girls choice. My ex-boyfriend's niece is named Kaelan and I really liked that. I like it spelled her way a lot, but since my mom's middle name was Lynn, I thought I could honor her memory at the same time as having a name I really liked.

But it was a moot effort.
My son's name came from a baby book after HOURS and HOURS of searching for a boys name that I liked. I'd never heard it before, and thought I had something unique. now I see it ALL the freaking time! It's even in the Social Security Admin's list of top 200 names. darn it!
I always liked having a name just different enough to stand out, but not too outlandish. I wanted the same for him. oh well

he.loves.her

PF Regular
Feb 27, 2008
Iowa
Lyric Blue.
We just wanted her to have an origional name that meant something to both of us. Music is very important in my life... and was a big part of her's as well. Blue? We just thought it sounded absolutely beautiful. Lyric Blue. It just seemed to flow like nothing else we could ever think of. So. That's why we named her what we named her.
(Hopefully she doesn't get made fun of in the future)

ivybendorf

PF Enthusiast
Mar 2, 2008
Oklahoma
Victoria Elizabeth - Victoria is a very romantic, feminine name that I love, and Elizabeth is my and my mother's middle name.

Jason Crysler- Jason cause we liked it, and Crysler is bio-dad's middle name and his great-grandmother's maiden name. She was the last Crysler. He would have been Catherine Ivonnava if he was a girl, because it was original and gorgeous!

#3 will be either William Richard (dad and grandad) or Willow Rose (very pretty!)

Tinaplusplus

May 19, 2008
Romania
he.loves.her said:
Lyric Blue.
We just wanted her to have an origional name that meant something to both of us. Music is very important in my life... and was a big part of her's as well. Blue? We just thought it sounded absolutely beautiful. Lyric Blue. It just seemed to flow like nothing else we could ever think of. So. That's why we named her what we named her.
(Hopefully she doesn't get made fun of in the future)
Did you know that blue was the color of kings and royalty?
Blue was considered a very special color.:cool:

Tinaplusplus

May 19, 2008
Romania
A friend of mine named her daughter Alysha [ ali'sha ]. She received a certificate from the state saying that her's was the first baby named this way.
Of course, this was in Romania. Does the same thing happen in your country?

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
I am unaware of them telling your child's name is unique. And some people name their kids some crazy things!

Lissa

PF Visionary
Sep 12, 2007
Oliver Blair

We liked the name Oliver, thought it was classy and very versatile. He could be anything from a doctor to a musician.

Blair is his late-grandfather's middle name. He passed away 4 years ago at the age of 51.

Music-dad

PF Addict
Apr 22, 2008
Right here. Right now.
Lissa said:
Oliver Blair

We liked the name Oliver, thought it was classy and very versatile. He could be anything from a doctor to a musician.

Blair is his late-grandfather's middle name. He passed away 4 years ago at the age of 51.
I love it...do you ever call him Ollie?

And is being a doctor the absolute farthest thing from my realm? :D

"I made my choice and I'm sticking with it". - haha

Music-dad

PF Addict
Apr 22, 2008
Right here. Right now.
Lissa said:
Never, ever do we call him Ollie. :p
I didn't think so, I always wondered with that name if parents used Ollie as a nick for Oliver.

I have never called Kayleigh "Kay" and probably never will. Although, the odd time as a joke I have called her "K. K. Downing" (guitarist for Judas Priest).

ivybendorf

PF Enthusiast
Mar 2, 2008
Oklahoma
Ari2 said:
I've met a woman with a daughter named Chlamydia (although it was spelled differently) - she thought it was the name of a flower.

A girl I went to grade school with was named 'Sh*thead', pronounced, "Sha-theede". I am not kidding.

Another girl was named, "Abcde", pronounced 'Abceede'

Parental cruelty, indeed. Why did no one inform these parents of their oversights?!

Music-dad

PF Addict
Apr 22, 2008
Right here. Right now.
Ima Hogg (July 10, 1882 – August 19, 1975), known as "The First Lady of Texas", was an American philanthropist, patron and collector of the arts, and one of the most respected women in Texas during the 20th century.

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
That sad. There was a guy on our news who is trying to change his name to "in god we trust" Not sure why.