New Years Resolutions!...

Antoinette

PF Addict
Mar 2, 2010
Australia
yeah, the water lands on the roof and runs down the gutters, into a pipe which takes it to the rainwater tanks..

i have chickens too but my roof is way to high for them... our only problem is possums getting on the roof lol

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
We get mice every now and again too, in these old houses. They're just good at what they do I guess lol. Mouse traps! :p

Jeremy+3

PF Addict
Apr 18, 2009
Nottinghamshire
I've never found a mouse or rat or anything in any of our houses, in our old house squirrels used to come through the kitchen window when it was open.

xox.ilu.xox

PF Addict
Dec 17, 2009
Kamloops, British Columbia, Canada
hahahahah! Those some messed up squirrels! We found where the mice were coming in when we fixed our basement when it basically flooded. havent found any this winter, so hopefully their point of entry is cut off for good! Blech, I hate mice!

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
I haven't ever seen any mice in this place, but the house I grew up in got them fairly often. It was a huge, wonderful house, but it was also over a hundred years old so it was not flaw free lol. It was never an infestation or anything gross like that lol, but there were always a few getting away with things when we weren't looking. My mom put traps all over when it started to get annoying, and every now and again one of them would get caught in a trap. We would find it and tell her "Mom, there's a dead mouse in the mouse trap!" and she would say "so throw it away!!" LOL and we hated it, YUCK!

stjohnjulie

PF Addict
Aug 9, 2010
St. John, VI
Mice, Rats, scorpions, tarantulas, all kinds of spiders, lizards, mosquitoes, cockroaches, you name it, we have it! Outside and sometimes inside. Haven't seen a rat in the house, but everything else has been in the house. The rats here are the size of squirrels. This all comes with living in the tropics. So it's not all white sand beaches and turquoise water :)

stjohnjulie

PF Addict
Aug 9, 2010
St. John, VI
:) Yeah, island life isn't for everyone! I've tried making a deal with the rats...they can have anything OUTSIDE the house, and I won't complain. If they come IN the house, it's all out friggin' WAR!!! We have had mice in the house on and off. It kind of depends on how cold it is outside. If night time temps drop below 71...they like to come inside. I have one of the "zapper" mouse traps. It's gross, but not as gross as having mice in the house. They go in, they get electrocuted, I dump it out. I don't have to touch them, they don't bleed, still yuckie!