Oh now that doesn't fly with me....

Sirk

Your Forum Mom
Apr 1, 2008
Lissa said:
Unfortunately, most of the threads have been deleted by the moderators.
oh right. I can read deleted threads, but of course you can't link me to the post if you can't see it.

It's my Project Of The Day to read through all of those.

meow, let me get some coffee in me and I'll explain. :)

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
Lissa said:
I expect them to not delete the post, but rather move it into the mod forum for ALL moderators to discuss. That's what I expect.
I can say honestly that this has happened quite a few a few time :)

Mindy

PF Addict
Feb 20, 2008
QC, Canada
Lissa said:
I expect them to not delete the post, but rather move it into the mod forum for ALL moderators to discuss. That's what I expect.
How do you know they haven't if you are not privy to the mod board? (If there is one)

Sirk

Your Forum Mom
Apr 1, 2008
Lissa said:
pst... that's where they are. ;)

Lissa

PF Visionary
Sep 12, 2007
Mindy said:
How do you know they haven't if you are not privy to the mod board? (If there is one)
When Fallon returned from her wedding/vacations she told me everything was deleted. At least, that's what I thought she said.

Sirk

Your Forum Mom
Apr 1, 2008
meow_173 said:
I think, through all that has happened, if there were set rules set by sanjay (sorry if i spelt that wrong) or whomever else owns/runs this forum, why have they strayed so? If we were allowed to question the mods, in their actions, rulings, methods of how they come to conclusions etc, why (if the mods are determined to keep the peace, up hold sanjay's view on what his forum is supposed to be) has so much slid through the cracks? ANd it did seem that there were "favourites" at times, and i think as a "mod" your duties are to be open, keep some sort of order, and uphold the respect in a forum. And unfortunatly, that has slipped through the hands of some. I really hope that things get back to normal, or changes are made to achieve that.
You spelled it right.
AKA "The Big Guy" "The Brown Man" "Big Daddy Love Muffin" oh and "Boss" :eek:

If it makes you feel any better, PF isn't going through something abnormal. I lot of forums go through these kinda of swings before finding the middle ground.

Fallon made a really great thread on the rules. But to give you cliff notes on it: Don't Be a Craphead. Seriously, that's what it boils down to.

I have zero problem whatsoever with you saying "Hey, Sirk. Why you did dat?" The problem comes in when it's "RAWR YOU SUCK AND EVERYTHING ABOUT YOU SUCKS I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU DID THAT AND I HATE YOU AND YOUR FACE AND YOU'RE STUPID AND..."
You can call me all those things in AIM or PM with your friends. But on the forum, we have to pretend we're grownups. Ask yourself if you would want someone to ask you a question in the tone you're using. Would you let your kids talk to you in said tone.
No need to get mad about stuff. It's the internet. If you find yourself getting mad, sign off, tickle a kid, come back and finish your message. People will respond a LOT better to a possitive or neutral tone than an accusing one. This includes users as well as mods.

Did that clear things up?

Good Wolf

PF Addict
Mar 11, 2008
TX
Lissa said:
I certainly hope so.
Is it really that big of a deal Lissa? This is an online forum. No one is forced to participate. While I understand your grievance with them allowing supermario to stay on the forum I disagree with your complaint regarding them banning Fooser.

Fooser is rude to members, he instigates drama on purpose, and more importantly he thinks it is funny to joke around about incest and pedophilia. If you’re going to take issue with supermario then why wouldn't you also be disgusted by his comments? Quite frankly based on his absence after being banned I'm convinced that he really doesn't care about being banned and this has just turned into a crusade for you.

He gets banned from the forum and you retaliate by 'recruiting' as many members as you can from this forum to go to the other one. You joke about killing this forum and even ask people why they are still posting here. You even went as far as to create a thread over there stating how much better that forum is than this one.

Why are you here? Isn't it easier to just go somewhere that you already agree with the policies and management as opposed to 'fighting the system' in a place that you are obviously not happy?

Is it just a matter of getting what you want and if you don't the forum will pay the consciences?

That is the impression I get when I stand back and look at the big picture.

This probably came off as rude but I'm sick of seeing you try and manipulate the management and members of this board. All your buddies are on the other forum so that can't be a valid reason as to why you would come back here. I'm sincerely curious as to why you choose to continue your campaign instead of just moving on.

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
Sirk said:
You spelled it right.
AKA "The Big Guy" "The Brown Man" "Big Daddy Love Muffin" oh and "Boss" :eek:

If it makes you feel any better, PF isn't going through something abnormal. I lot of forums go through these kinda of swings before finding the middle ground.

Fallon made a really great thread on the rules. But to give you cliff notes on it: Don't Be a Craphead. Seriously, that's what it boils down to.

I have zero problem whatsoever with you saying "Hey, Sirk. Why you did dat?" The problem comes in when it's "RAWR YOU SUCK AND EVERYTHING ABOUT YOU SUCKS I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU DID THAT AND I HATE YOU AND YOUR FACE AND YOU'RE STUPID AND..."
You can call me all those things in AIM or PM with your friends. But on the forum, we have to pretend we're grownups. Ask yourself if you would want someone to ask you a question in the tone you're using. Would you let your kids talk to you in said tone.
No need to get mad about stuff. It's the internet. If you find yourself getting mad, sign off, tickle a kid, come back and finish your message. People will respond a LOT better to a possitive or neutral tone than an accusing one. This includes users as well as mods.

Did that clear things up?
yep and 100% agree

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
dazed80 said:
So no apology Music-dad? You accuse me of being someone I'm not and when proven otherwise you just carry on? :skeptical:
Pretty funny you got mad at being called jtee. lol

Maybe that's what we needed was a board mom. Can Fallon be my board sister though?

Lissa

PF Visionary
Sep 12, 2007
Is it really that big of a deal Lissa? This is an online forum. No one is forced to participate. While I understand your grievance with them allowing supermario to stay on the forum I disagree with your complaint regarding them banning Fooser. [/quote]<i></i>

Fooser made some remarks that were inappropriate. I never said I didn't agree with him being banned. To the contrary, I think he deserved it. (Sorry Foos). He says stupid things and knows he's going to get in trouble for it. Foos is a good friend of mine and he jokes around a lot. Unfortunately, some people can't get his scarcasm. HOWEVER, I do believe that he is being targeted by jtee for unknown reasons. There has always been a constant battle between the two of them. So to answer your question, I agree with Fooser's banning. I dont' ever remember saying that I didn't. In fact, I told Foos he deserved it.

Quite frankly based on his absence after being banned I'm convinced that he really doesn't care about being banned and this has just turned into a crusade for you. [/quote]<i>[/COLOR]</i>

I don't even know how to reply to this. A crusade for me? What do I have to gain?

He gets banned from the forum and you retaliate by 'recruiting' as many members as you can from this forum to go to the other one. [/quote]<i>[/COLOR]</i>

You are putting words in my mouth. I never once used the word "recruit". I simply invited some of my friends on this forum to the other forum, as did many other members. I never forced anyone to go.

You joke about killing this forum and even ask people why they are still posting here. [/quote]<i>[/COLOR]</i>

When did I ever joke about killing this forum? Again, you are putting words in my mouth. Please point me to anything I've written to that affect. These are some terrible accusations you are making and I don't appreciate it one bit. I do not want to kill this forum. If I wanted to "kill" this forum, I wouldn't be here trying to help the admins sort things out.

You even went as far as to create a thread over there stating how much better that forum is than this one. [/quote]<i>[/COLOR]</i>

I do like it very much over there. It's wonderful. And yes, it is better than this one at this very moment. That doesn't mean that things can't change around here. And from the looks of things, things are going to change for the better I hope.

Why are you here? Isn't it easier to just go somewhere that you already agree with the policies and management as opposed to 'fighting the system' in a place that you are obviously not happy? [/quote]<i>[/COLOR]</i>

I've already answered this question.

Is it just a matter of getting what you want and if you don't the forum will pay the consciences? [/quote]<i>[/COLOR]</i>

Where is all of this coming from? I never did anything to hurt this forum. Not once. May I ask why you are making up such nonsense?

This probably came off as rude but I'm sick of seeing you try and manipulate the management and members of this board. All your buddies are on the other forum so that can't be a valid reason as to why you would come back here. I'm sincerely curious as to why you choose to continue your campaign instead of just moving on. [/quote][/COLOR]It's hard after reading everything you wrote not to have hard feelings. But that's fine. You are allowed to think what you want. But please do not put words in my mouth and quote me on things I've never said/written. That is just WRONG.

I'm here because I want the admins to know the truth. That's why I'm here.

Sirk

Your Forum Mom
Apr 1, 2008
1. I'm allowing this argument so ya'll can get it out of your systems. But it doesn't look like it's going to be very productive. Consider either dropping it or taking it to PMs.
2. SuperMario was banned. It's one of the first things I did.

Lissa

PF Visionary
Sep 12, 2007
Sirk said:
1. I'm allowing this argument so ya'll can get it out of your systems. But it doesn't look like it's going to be very productive. Consider either dropping it or taking it to PMs.
2. SuperMario was banned. It's one of the first things I did.
Thank you. :)

HappyMomma

PF Addict
Mar 7, 2008
Wylie, TX
I could be completely wrong because I don't know what PM's may have gone back and forth or whatever... but I thought Lissa left and THEN got banned. I got a 'bye' then looked at her profile, which said basically that she refused to take part in a forum, yada, yada, yada and had the web address of another forum. She was active at that point. When I came back the next morning it showed banned.

Amber

PF Addict
Feb 8, 2008
Knoxville, TN
I honestly have avoided all of the conflict.

I wasn't on the board much when I guess all the drama went down, so I've really no clue what was or wasn't said. Here is all I can say.....

I like Lissa. She's funny, witty, and I think she's a good person. I don't know what was said to get her banned in the first place, but I'm glad she's back. (If she's staying)

I like Foos. He's got a wierd sense of humor at times, but a lot of the times, he's quite a character. I've not seen anything he's posted that deserved a ban, but then again, I get to the board after anything he's posted has been moved or deleted.

I really don't have a problem with anyone here, honestly. I can agree with the whole SuperMario issue. I did happen to see that one, and did myself feel uncomfortable having him here, so I'm glad that decision was made.

In general, I guess what I"m saying is, I have nothing to say. lol I missed all the good drama, I guess.