Pets...

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
jtee said:
Anyone every have a rabbit? We have two cats and our daughter wants to get a rabbit; actually she wants to bring home every homeless animal she sees, including every animal at the human society. :)
I had a rabbit when I was like 10...it was sweet but messy

FooserX

PF Addict
Jul 11, 2007
Denver
I had a netherland dwarf bunny once, and it was the cutest thing ever. It's just like any other cage animal, no? Hampsters...gerbils...

I've heard that you can potty train them, which would be really cool...but I'm not about to let them run around and leave poop everywhere.

Although I came out of the shower today and there was cat poop all over my bedroom floor. I don't know what the hell happened, but it was disgusting.

WHYTEKNYGHT2003

PF Fiend
Sep 12, 2007
dallastown, pa
FooserX said:
Although I came out of the shower today and there was cat poop all over my bedroom floor. I don't know what the hell happened, but it was disgusting.
my guess is that the cat pooed on the floor. thats probably what happened.

Lissa

PF Visionary
Sep 12, 2007
FooserX said:
I had a netherland dwarf bunny once, and it was the cutest thing ever. It's just like any other cage animal, no? Hampsters...gerbils...

I've heard that you can potty train them, which would be really cool...but I'm not about to let them run around and leave poop everywhere.

Rabbits aren't cage animals. :mad:

Check your rep.

jtee

Banned
Jun 24, 2007
fallon said:
I had a rabbit when I was like 10...it was sweet but messy
We'd probably get a rabbit, but I am not sure how our two cats would react. I don't want to come home and find a dead rabbit. One of our cats thinks he big game hunter and frequently brings home large rats.

jtee

Banned
Jun 24, 2007
Lissa said:
Not a good idea if you have cats.
This is not going to make our daughter happy to hear. :(

Maybe it would work if a kitten and a rabbit were adopted at the same time and grew up together like a kitten and puppy.

Lissa

PF Visionary
Sep 12, 2007
jtee said:
This is not going to make our daughter happy to hear. :(

Maybe it would work if a kitten and a rabbit were adopted at the same time and grew up together like a kitten and puppy.
If it were a kitten and a young rabbit, it could work. I have heard stories of cats and house rabbits bonding.

Trina

PF Addict
Jun 10, 2007
CT
I had cats and rabbits as pets when I was a kid. All were adults when they were first introduced. The cats never showed any aggression toward them, but were definitely curious. One cat got very close to get a good sniff, and the rabbit gave him a good thumping. The cats were afraid of the rabbits from then on and kept their distance. LOL!

Amber

PF Addict
Feb 8, 2008
Knoxville, TN
jtee said:
Anyone every have a rabbit? We have two cats and our daughter wants to get a rabbit; actually she wants to bring home every homeless animal she sees, including every animal at the human society. :)

We had a rabbit when we were younger. Cutest little thing. But what my parents failed to tell us is that a rabbit will eat until it explodes. We thought we were being nice, feeding it. Poor thing.:(

I'd like to get a rabbit, but I couldn't let it just roam in the house. I'm scared my cats would attack it, so we just won't get one. But on the flipside, we sit on 3 acres in the woods, so we see rabbits and all those other fun critters in our yard all the time.

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
my cats are very tolerent of my dragons so I think it would be OK...they actually lay next to the tanks and are very content being near the dragons and the dragons actually enjoy having the cats near them