Pets...

1dayatatime

PF Addict
Oct 3, 2007
AZ
Lissa said:
Here's a new debate. I believe that the breeding of pets needs to stop and animals should remain in their natural environment. That's why I don't have any pets.

*waits for the vicious attack*
So no domestication of animals period? Do you think animals could survive in their natural environment? My dog Beebop would surley die of starvation if left in the wild.

Lissa

PF Visionary
Sep 12, 2007
1dayatatime said:
So no domestication of animals period? Do you think animals could survive in their natural environment? My dog Beebop would surley die of starvation if left in the wild.
No domestic animals period.

Of course they'd survive in their natural environment. Of course the ones that are domesticated wouldn't survive.

1dayatatime

PF Addict
Oct 3, 2007
AZ
Lissa said:
No domestic animals period.

Of course they'd survive in their natural environment. Of course the ones that are domesticated wouldn't survive.
I couldn't be completely happy without my domesticated dog. I could not support your idea. Police Horses? Drug dogs? Animals in zoos? Seeing eye dogs?

PoorDad

Jan 30, 2008
musicmom said:
How was it owning a Chichilla? Can you play with them? Or do they just sit there? I always wanted a prarie dog.
No, you can't play with them unfortunately. She really didn't have a choice of pet. It was given to her by a neighbor who moved away and couldn't take care of it anymore. The Chinchilla just runs all around its cage. Can't even take it out of the cage because it's difficult to catch again. It likes to be cuddled though.

If I would give her a pet, I'd prefer a cat or a dog, of course. I didn't even think of giving her one because it's another responsibility. I was surprised that the pet is actually good for her.

On the other hand, re. taking a wild animal in captivity, I would be against it too. But it's already there.

I don't recommend the prairie dog.

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
My ex SIL had a ferret and it was the coolest, sweetest little thing. They do stink though. Very musky. I'd be afraid it would bite me.

1dayatatime

PF Addict
Oct 3, 2007
AZ
Amber said:
Jackie told me he wants a ferret. I told him no way was we getting some stinky, thieving rodent.;)
lol I told my hubby the same thing when he suggested it. Ferrets are gross.

jtee

Banned
Jun 24, 2007
Anyone every have a rabbit? We have two cats and our daughter wants to get a rabbit; actually she wants to bring home every homeless animal she sees, including every animal at the human society. :)

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
I asked my husband for a rabbit and he said NO WAY. He said all the do is pee and poop in massive amounts and it stinks to high heaven. They are a pain in the butt to keep up after.

WHYTEKNYGHT2003

PF Fiend
Sep 12, 2007
dallastown, pa
They have these cool rabbits, i cant remember what they are called, but they are big and can be litter trained and will playa nd you can leave them around the house just like a cat or dog, no real need for cages. thats the bunny i want. also a pig

Lissa

PF Visionary
Sep 12, 2007
Rabbits are my favorite animal. Before Oliver, I used to have them as house pets.

1dayatatime

PF Addict
Oct 3, 2007
AZ
Lissa what happen to no tanning? You remind me of that Jim Carey character from In Living Color. lol