• 26% report other drug use problems</LI>
    <LI>
  • 22% report some form of mental health problems</LI>
    <LI>
  • 66% report either substance use and/or mental health problems</LI>
    <LI>
  • 3% report having HIV/AIDS</LI>
    <LI>
  • 26% report acute health problems other than HIV/AIDS such as tuberculosis, pneumonia, or sexually transmitted diseases</LI>
    <LI>
  • 46% report chronic health conditions such as high blood pressure, diabetes, or cancer</LI>
</LIST>* Figures based on 1996 data from Samhsha's National Mental Health Information Center.

A person is a Person no matter how small - Dr. Seuss. I totally agree that people are people. However, if someone is not willing to help themselves if they are able too, then unfortuneatly nor am I willing to help those who do not want to help themselves.
And what percent are you starting out with? You are backing your point up by Dr. Seuss?????? *laughing so hard I can't see the screen, wiping tears*

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
Anyway it would seem that all those statistic that you copy and pasted are people who should be treated kindly.

meow_173

PF Addict
Jan 3, 2008
Hamilton, Ontario
musicmom said:
Anyway it would seem that all those statistic that you copy and pasted are people who should be treated kindly.
Well, instead of critizising my efforts, why not find some of your own stats to prove your points?

button611

PF Enthusiast
Feb 14, 2008
yes there are laws about how many animals you can own, but we choose to lay low and hope no one finds out-and then I challenge them to find that they are in poor heath or abused. As far as the homeless person/mental illness thing, I agree most are having some sort of troubles, but at the same time some people fake being homeless to get more free stuff, dogs do not have the ability to fake being homeless or poor. So I would still feed the dog!

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
I don't need statistic to tell you that I would not walk by a homeless person and offer him food but rather give it to a dog. Please don't take offense but life in general will teach you it's lessons and you are very young. Time will show you how to treat the unfortunate.

meow_173

PF Addict
Jan 3, 2008
Hamilton, Ontario
musicmom said:
I don't need statistic to tell you that I would not walk by a homeless person and offer him food but rather give it to a dog. Please don't take offense but life in general will teach you it's lessons and you are very young. Time will show you how to treat the unfortunate.
And quite frankly i don't need someone telling me how to treat the unfortunate. I have barely enough money for rent this month. So does that mean if you saw me sitting on the side of the road with a sign reading "I do work, and i have a family, but i am in the percentage of people who at times can't make ends meet. Please help me out" you would without a seconds thought lend me your hand in need???
I know how it feels to be on edge with money, and life itself. So, please don't take offense but life in general will teach you its lessons on how to not critizise and judge those who you ingage in conversations with. Time will show you how to treat others, and to not assume that your god's gift to creation.

meow_173

PF Addict
Jan 3, 2008
Hamilton, Ontario
button611 said:
yes there are laws about how many animals you can own, but we choose to lay low and hope no one finds out-and then I challenge them to find that they are in poor heath or abused. As far as the homeless person/mental illness thing, I agree most are having some sort of troubles, but at the same time some people fake being homeless to get more free stuff, dogs do not have the ability to fake being homeless or poor. So I would still feed the dog!
THANK YOU!

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
meow_173 said:
And quite frankly i don't need someone telling me how to treat the unfortunate. I have barely enough money for rent this month. So does that mean if you saw me sitting on the side of the road with a sign reading "I do work, and i have a family, but i am in the percentage of people who at times can't make ends meet. Please help me out". I know how it feels to be on edge with money, and life itself. So, please don't take offense but life in general will teach you its lessons on how to not critizise and judge those who you ingage in conversations with. Time will show you how to treat others, and to not assume that your god's gift to creation.
Yes I would help you. I never once TOLD you to do anything. I gave you MY answer to the dog vs homeless. I am one of Gods gifts...I don't have to assume. I know! Amen to that!

meow_173

PF Addict
Jan 3, 2008
Hamilton, Ontario
LOL what ever you need to say to make your argument valid for you. It doesn't matter. I've made my points, and you've made yours. But i'm not going to stoop any lower to the point where we are calling each other names or really making fools of ourselves.

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
Did I mention I use to have an alligator *you know you're a redneck when...* We lived in an apartment it was me and my roomate and we were rockers and just thought it would be cool to own a camen croc. We named him Sid Vicious. He had two 55 gallon tanks custom made for him to live and we fed him rabbit and rats. He was cool. Looking back it was a dumb idea. He corned my Lhaso Apso in the kitchen once. She survived luckily.
But my roomate went out of town and put Sid outside and his heating bulb burned out and he died :( We had him three years, I was so bummed.
RIP Sid ^i^

Kim

PF Fiend
Apr 3, 2007
St. Louis, MO
musicmom said:
Did I mention I use to have an alligator *you know you're a redneck when...* We lived in an apartment it was me and my roomate and we were rockers and just thought it would be cool to own a camen croc. We named him Sid Vicious. He had two 55 gallon tanks custom made for him to live and we fed him rabbit and rats. He was cool. Looking back it was a dumb idea. He corned my Lhaso Apso in the kitchen once. She survived luckily.
But my roomate went out of town and put Sid outside and his heating bulb burned out and he died :( We had him three years, I was so bummed.
RIP Sid ^i^
I had a friend who had a baby alligator - here in Missouri!! He fed him only cooked chicken, because he said that that way if it bites him it won't like the taste of raw meat. I don't remember quite what happened, but I guess it is illegal in MO to own an alligator...

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
The game warden came to our apartment but could not seize Sid because there were no laws on the books about owning a camen in an apartment. So we let him see him and he went off on his own with nothing he could do. :)
It's illegal to feed them here if they are in their natural habitat.

PoorDad

Jan 30, 2008
Trina said:
Pets are great! We don't have a dog, but we do have two cats, who definitely care about and love their humans unconditionally. :)
When my 8 yr old daughter had her first Chinchilla, her personality changed (my daughter, not the Chinchilla). She became more responsible, caring and have more empathy to her brothers/sister. Maybe it kindled some sort of maternal instinct in her?

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
How was it owning a Chichilla? Can you play with them? Or do they just sit there? I always wanted a prarie dog.

Lissa

PF Visionary
Sep 12, 2007
Here's a new debate. I believe that the breeding of pets needs to stop and animals should remain in their natural environment. That's why I don't have any pets.

*waits for the vicious attack*

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
It would be nice if there were no back yard breeders. I'm totally against it. Even "real" breeders should be monitored and are not. I told my breeder where I got Picasso that he had juvenile pyoderma (genetic skin disorder) and she STILL bred another liter. I was so pissed.

FooserX

PF Addict
Jul 11, 2007
Denver
Lissa said:
Here's a new debate. I believe that the breeding of pets needs to stop and animals should remain in their natural environment. That's why I don't have any pets.

*waits for the vicious attack*

Why are you such a tard?