Posting Guidelines...

jtee

Banned
Jun 24, 2007
Can't allow a member to copy/paste our rules like that. 1) it makes them look like they are a mod or a position of power to new members. 2) the poster can go back and edit those rules at any time and we won't know it.

jtee

Banned
Jun 24, 2007
Fooser crap is what I am talking about. They need to be able to jusfity it if we get complaints.

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
the particular forum is for suggestions and feedback from members...I don't think she did anything wrong. If the rules start getting edited and copy and pasted then there's a problem but I am OK with they way things are going as of now and so is Kaytee as far as I can tell. I hope you can find a way to be ok with it too...they have a right to voice their concerns as long as it is all handled respectfully

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
jtee said:
Fooser crap is what I am talking about. They need to be able to jusfity it if we get complaints.
and he seemed to understand that...he knows now that bad repping you or people who are going to complain about it will make it a problem and he will most likely be banned for it BUT that's not to say he can't give out bad rep is he feels it's needed (I know he plays more games with it but I'm talking about this like he is any other member)

jtee

Banned
Jun 24, 2007
feed back is OK, copy/pasting our rules shouldn't be allowed for the reasons I stated.

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
I don't see a problem with what has been done in that thread so I'm going to stay out of it. If it's an issue for you, you can go ahead and address it with her

jtee

Banned
Jun 24, 2007
Please address my points so I understand why you think I am off base on this issue. :)

jtee

Banned
Jun 24, 2007
If Fooser give out Justied bad rep, I have no problem because he is playing by the rules.

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
I don't see whats wrong with her posting the rules either. I see that all the time on different sites. As long as she is not changing htemthen its legit.

jtee

Banned
Jun 24, 2007
Kaytee, it gives new members the impression she is mod or a power of position and she could, in theory go and edit them (I trust her, so expect she won't). Can anyone copy/paste our rules for any reasons? I truly thinks is a very danger road to say it is OK for anyone to start their own discussion threads with our rules as the lead off. Why close the orginal thread if so?

I am (somewhat) OK wth the discssion part, just focused on how it was started and what it means going forward. :)

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
I don't think its an issue honostly. I mean I get what you are saying but you have to remember most if not all sites have rules in play long before htey have reugular members. These people are used to doing what they want to do and making it their own little world. Which is bad, but we are not showing them we have rules and yay I can see them wanting a say in it. They may not get what they want, but it is new, at least if they are discussing it, they hae read them and know they are there.

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
Kaytee said:
I don't think its an issue honostly. I mean I get what you are saying but you have to remember most if not all sites have rules in play long before htey have reugular members. These people are used to doing what they want to do and making it their own little world. Which is bad, but we are not showing them we have rules and yay I can see them wanting a say in it. They may not get what they want, but it is new, at least if they are discussing it, they hae read them and know they are there.
I agree...and it appears to me that everyone handled the issue way better then I had expected. It's out there now and they know what we expect.

jtee

Banned
Jun 24, 2007
I am not to going to make a big deal of this publicly. :)

Here is a good way to handled it. Ask Meow to change it to a link with the explanation that the rules might be updated in the future and we don't want out dated rules in multiple locations. This is a practical justification because we truly can't allow users to be copy/pasting our official rules in multiple threads. Referencing them through a link is perfectly acceptable.

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
jtee said:
I am not to going to make a big deal of this publicly. :)

Here is a good way to handled it. Ask Meow to change it to a link with the explanation that the rules might be updated in the future and we don't want out dated rules in multiple locations. This is a practical justification because we truly can't allow users to be copy/pasting our official rules in multiple threads. Referencing them through a link is perfectly acceptable.
if you feel like you need to do that then PM her. I just think it's best to let it be because the thread has died out and all the trouble makers have moved on. I don't see a need to stir trouble when things have gone very well today

jtee

Banned
Jun 24, 2007
In general, how would you like to handle this issue going forward? (copying/pasting forum rules).

jtee

Banned
Jun 24, 2007
fallon said:
if you feel like you need to do that then PM her. I just think it's best to let it be because the thread has died out and all the trouble makers have moved on. I don't see a need to stir trouble when things have gone very well today
I do understand your concern, "don't make waves and move on". I'll do that. :)

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
I think that thread is the ONLY time it is accectable...from here on out there is no reason for the rules to be copy and pasted anywhere on the forum unless it is done so by a mod/admin. If it happened again I would send a pm to the member who did it and ask them to take it down and post a link for the same reasons you explained, if they didn't I would take it down myself replace it with a link and issue an infraction. If the member continued to be a problem I would place a 1 week ban on the account, then a month, then indefinite. I just think in this case it's best to just let it die on it's own

jtee

Banned
Jun 24, 2007
Thanks Fallon. :)

If the thread stays quiet, I will stay out of it to keep the peace. I will only chime in to help clarify things. But I will plan to stay out of it to let it be

I do beleive we shall be tested on these rules by the usual cast of characters, because they will want to see if we are serious.

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
jtee said:
Thanks Fallon. :)

If the thread stays quiet, I will stay out of it to keep the peace. I will only chime in to help clarify things. But I will plan to stay out of it to let it be

I do beleive we shall be tested on these rules by the usual cast of characters, because they will want to see if we are serious.
oh I agree

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
well Foos and someone else, (can't remmebr have to go back and look) have already broke the rules I deleted them. It is very very very wrong to tell people they are being incetual with their children if nursing over some age!! That cannot be tolerated and should have been deleted immediately.