Pumpkin symbol marks sex offenders' homes...

Cthru

PF Fiend
May 11, 2008
Chicago suburbs
Regardless of the symbol, I wish they had something like that here on Halloween.. Protect the children first - then worry about the rights of those who have been found guilty.

HappyMomma

PF Addict
Mar 7, 2008
Wylie, TX
Typically, we do not knock on any doors that are not lit anyway.

As I understand it, it's a requirement of their registry to have no light on - therefore not welcoming any trick or treaters.

Brea_Butt

Dec 22, 2008
Indianapolis, IN
I do think it is a god idea, but like Christian said, not all sex offenders are "sex offenders". A close friend of mine got his girlfriend pregnant when she was 16 and he was 19, her parents did not like it so they pressed charges and now hes not even allowed to see her or the baby...now he will always have that on his record and cant see his girlfriend or baby. I know there are a lot out there who are more than guilty, but dont label all of them...
I do think that a sex offender should have some sort of object on their home to let people know, but I do not think they should be forced to go meet everyone in their neighborhood to tell them that they are a convicted sex offender...

KatieQ

Dec 28, 2008
Yeah I wish they would addopt this in oregon I have a register about a block away and I wish I didnt have to but I keep a close eye out on the house seing as the house is 1/4 of a block away from a park whitch is a busy one at that.