"Crying it out" method causes brain damage!...

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
yulia said:
She was talking about adult being FORCED (aka straped down and mutilated). HUGE difference with piercing, isn't it?!
actually there are cultures that force circ on adult men and peircing and tribal tattoos...you don't have a choice, it's part of life. Especailly in Africa

yulia

Banned
Jan 25, 2008
Lafayette, CO
<r><QUOTE author="Elizabeth;30120"><s>
Elizabeth said:
</s>Yulia, come to the Authentic Parent Community forum. You will find all the agreement there for your ideas..<e>
</e></QUOTE>
<br/>
<COLOR color="maroon"><s></s>Thank you so much for the invitation. I really appreciate it and perhaps I will if I have more time.<e></e></COLOR><br/>
<COLOR color="maroon"><s></s>See, it isn't about agreement, really. I have been a frequent member of a HUGE mothering forum (perhaps you know what I'm talking about) where all the mothers are (more or less) attachment parents, smart, sharp, open minded, sharing the same basic believes I do. But you see, if we just cook over there in our little world, it really doesn't change anything in the outside world. Therefore, we really have to venture out and educate other parents about certain things. Most of mainstream people are smart and bright as well, but sometimes they just don’t know what to even look for…<e></e></COLOR></r>

yulia

Banned
Jan 25, 2008
Lafayette, CO
fallon said:
actually there are cultures that force circ on adult men and peircing and tribal tattoos...you don't have a choice, it's part of life. Especailly in Africa
has any one ever done any serious studies about the issue that men have as a follow up of that event?

rape is very common in Africa, by the way. I wonder why those men don't feel bad about raping little girls? Perhaps, because they were "raped" themselves and without even realizing this feel like this is just fair? who knows?

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
has any one ever done any serious studies about the issue that men have as a follow up of that event?

rape is very common in Africa, by the way. I wonder why those men don't feel bad about raping little girls? Perhaps, because they were "raped" themselves and without even realizing this feel like this is just fair? who knows?[/quote]
I don't know...it an interest thought though..you may be on to something

yulia

Banned
Jan 25, 2008
Lafayette, CO
HappyMomma said:
So, you are trying to "change" us?
it's not my job to change you, but your own. if you know there might be something you're missing, it's your job as a parent to get aducated, so you don't harm your future children (or grandchildren with an ignorant advice).

gr8mom

PF Fanatic
Mar 1, 2008
Texas
When I was pregnant with both my girls (we didn't find out they were girls til after they were born) we discussed circumcision if the baby were a boy. My husband brought up the fact that if a boy doesn't get it done and chooses to do it as a man that it takes him much longer to recover and would probably be very painful. I found both sides of this argument to be very interesting.

HappyMomma

PF Addict
Mar 7, 2008
Wylie, TX
it's not my job to change you, but your own. if you know there might be something you're missing, it's your job as a parent to get aducated, so you don't harm your future children (or grandchildren with an ignorant advice).[/quote]

Ok, then. I shall get aducated.

But on a serious note, I take offense to that answer so I shall move along now.

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
gr8mom said:
When I was pregnant with both my girls (we didn't find out they were girls til after they were born) we discussed circumcision if the baby were a boy. My husband brought up the fact that if a boy doesn't get it done and chooses to do it as a man that it takes him much longer to recover and would probably be very painful. I found both sides of this argument to be very interesting.
actually the recovery time for a adult is pretty short. Also they are given pain killers were as baby boys are not. Sorry OT :eek:

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
HappyMomma said:
Ok, then. I shall get aducated.

But on a serious note, I take offense to that answer so I shall move along now.
Yulia has a habbit of being very offensive with her responses but honestly I'm not sure she means to :)

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
Yes and she doesn't write English very well you kinda have to figure out what she's talking about. She knows where she's going she just doesn't know how to get there. ;)

gr8mom

PF Fanatic
Mar 1, 2008
Texas
How old does a baby have to be before they are allowed to receive painkillers for operations? My brother was hospitalized when he was only a few days old and he wasn't given any pain killers because he was too young.

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
gr8mom said:
How old does a baby have to be before they are allowed to receive painkillers for operations? My brother was hospitalized when he was only a few days old and he wasn't given any pain killers because he was too young.
I'm not really sure :confused:

gr8mom

PF Fanatic
Mar 1, 2008
Texas
I can't find the post now to quote it but after I read the one where her child got her leg caught when she left her to CIO, it occured to me. I could always tell when they were crying what it was about, they would cry differently if they were hurt than they would if they were hungry or if they just didn't want to go to sleep that was a different cry entirely. How many of you could tell what your child was crying about?

yulia

Banned
Jan 25, 2008
Lafayette, CO
<r><QUOTE author="fallon;35978"><s>
fallon said:
</s>actually the recovery time for a adult is pretty short. Also they are given pain killers were as baby boys are not. Sorry OT <E>:eek:</E><e>
</e></QUOTE>
<br/>
<COLOR color="darkred"><s></s>exactly!<e></e></COLOR><br/>
<COLOR color="darkred"><s></s><e></e></COLOR> <br/>
<COLOR color="darkred"><s></s>some more points:<e></e></COLOR><br/>
<COLOR color="darkred"><s></s>(quote from the info I put together)<e></e></COLOR><br/>
&lt;B&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;&lt;FONT font="Times New Roman"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;&lt;COLOR color="darkred"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt; &lt;e&gt;&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/COLOR&gt;&lt;e&gt;</SIZE>&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/SIZE&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/FONT]&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/FONT&gt;&lt;e&gt;&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/B&gt;&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;SIZE size="3"&gt;&lt;s&gt;<SIZE size="125">&lt;/s&gt;&lt;FONT font="Times New Roman"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;&lt;COLOR color="darkred"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;&lt;B&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;If an adult wants to get circumcised&lt;e&gt;&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/B&gt;, it’s definitely &lt;I&gt;&lt;s&gt;<I>&lt;/s&gt;his&lt;e&gt;</I>&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/I&gt; body and therefore, &lt;I&gt;&lt;s&gt;<I>&lt;/s&gt;his&lt;e&gt;</I>&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/I&gt; choice. &lt;B&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;There are benefits of being circumcised as an adult vs. as an infant.&lt;e&gt;&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/B&gt;&lt;e&gt;&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/COLOR&gt;&lt;e&gt;&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/FONT&gt;&lt;e&gt;</SIZE>&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/SIZE&gt;&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;FONT font="Times New Roman"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;&lt;COLOR color="darkred"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;adequete pain relieve during and after procedure (also keep in mind that adults don’t pee and poop on the raw wound from circimcision the way babies do);&lt;e&gt;</SIZE>&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/SIZE&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/COLOR]&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/COLOR&gt;&lt;e&gt;&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/FONT&gt;&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;FONT font="Times New Roman"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;&lt;COLOR color="darkred"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;significantly less chance of taking too much skin since the penis is ful grown size and no need to ‘guesstimate’;&lt;e&gt;</SIZE>&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/SIZE&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/COLOR]&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/COLOR&gt;&lt;e&gt;&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/FONT&gt;&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;FONT font="Times New Roman"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;&lt;COLOR color="darkred"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;prosess of keratinization and partual loss of sensitivity will be much less due to glans being protected by the foreskin all the years preor circumcision;&lt;e&gt;</SIZE>&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/SIZE&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/COLOR]&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/COLOR&gt;&lt;e&gt;&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/FONT&gt;&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;FONT font="Times New Roman"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;&lt;COLOR color="darkred"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;&lt;I&gt;&lt;s&gt;<I>&lt;/s&gt;his&lt;e&gt;</I>&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/I&gt; body, &lt;I&gt;&lt;s&gt;<I>&lt;/s&gt;his &lt;e&gt;</I>&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/I&gt;choice! not being ripped off from the basic right of genital integrity and the right to choose whether to preform this cosmetic sergery on the body or not. No one should ever have a right to alter genitals of another person! Kids are NOT a parent’s property!&lt;e&gt;</SIZE>&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/SIZE&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/COLOR]&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/COLOR&gt;&lt;e&gt;&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/FONT&gt;&lt;/r&gt;

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
I saw my son circ'd and it was VERY tramatizing but I honestly don't think he'll have issues over it when he's older. I might, but he won't.

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
gr8mom said:
I can't find the post now to quote it but after I read the one where her child got her leg caught when she left her to CIO, it occured to me. I could always tell when they were crying what it was about, they would cry differently if they were hurt than they would if they were hungry or if they just didn't want to go to sleep that was a different cry entirely. How many of you could tell what your child was crying about?
I can for sure...I know all my sons cries

yulia

Banned
Jan 25, 2008
Lafayette, CO
&lt;r&gt;&lt;QUOTE author="fallon;35980"&gt;&lt;s&gt;
fallon said:
&lt;/s&gt;Yulia has a habbit of being very offensive with her responses but honestly I'm not sure she means to &lt;E&gt;:)&lt;/E&gt;&lt;e&gt;
&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/QUOTE&gt;
&lt;COLOR color="maroon"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;no, I really don't!&lt;e&gt;&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/COLOR&gt;&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;COLOR color="maroon"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt; &lt;e&gt;&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/COLOR&gt;&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;COLOR color="maroon"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;, if you want to say something, you actually SAY it, moreover, say what you really mean without making it sweeter or cuter. I just don’t have the skill of saying without saying or sweetening what I have to say. Sorry. I with I had though.&lt;e&gt;&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/COLOR&gt;&lt;/r&gt;