"The Cruelest Cut"--Fox News Story...

Lissa

PF Visionary
Sep 12, 2007
meow_173 said:
Yea i disagree with alot of that information as well.

CAN ANYONE PROVIDE INFORMATION THAT ISN'T BIASED, FROM A ANTI CIRC SITE, or HAS ANY REAL INFORMATION AT ALL?????
http://www.parentingforums.org/f11/why-you-should-circumcise-5861.html[/URL]

meow_173

PF Addict
Jan 3, 2008
Hamilton, Ontario
Yea i saw that, but i mean an un biased parents for parents decisions not all loaded with information that can make someone dizzy kind of site......Something thats easy that gives both sides without making you feel like a horrible degraded person for your nasty thoughts

HappyMomma

PF Addict
Mar 7, 2008
Wylie, TX

yulia

Banned
Jan 25, 2008
Lafayette, CO
Some good info from those doctors who no longer wish to make their $$$ on cutting off a healthy body part and therefore, no longer have to lie and hide the truth around male genital mutilation</SIZE>[/FONT]

Doctors Opposing Circumcision Publications </SIZE>[/FONT]

http://www.doctorsopposingcircumcision.org/DOC/publications.html[/COLOR][/SIZE]</SIZE>[/FONT][/URL]

You can also contact them with any questions you may have.</SIZE>[/FONT]

Skyburning

PF Fiend
Oct 6, 2007
Mississippi
All I have to say to the "he's going to lose girlfriends" argument is that I can only hope to have someone love me for who I am and not what my genitals look like. Why would you WANT your son to spend his life with someone so shallow?

yulia

Banned
Jan 25, 2008
Lafayette, CO
Skyburning said:
All I have to say to the "he's going to lose girlfriends" argument is that I can only hope to have someone love me for who I am and not what my genitals look like. Why would you WANT your son to spend his life with someone so shallow?
yep, I've heard foreskin being called a shallow woman filter ;)

ljmahr

PF Fiend
Oct 16, 2007
I was going through and reading this thread and thought of a few things.
It was brought up that it should not be the parents choice whether to circ or not. What age do you think they should be able to make this decision? If they wait isn't it more tramatic? Will they have higher risks of horrible things happening then?
Another thing, the question about a female being circ'd. If it was something a parent had a choice to do for religious or cultural beliefs so be it. BUT it isn't here in the US so that doesn't even compare to male circ.
Right now my hubby and I are leaning toward circ. our son who will be born in Sept. We are doing it for personal and health reasons. I am still doing a bit more research about it and will continue to the day he is born.

yulia

Banned
Jan 25, 2008
Lafayette, CO
&lt;r&gt;&lt;QUOTE author="ljmahr;56376"&gt;&lt;s&gt;
ljmahr said:
&lt;/s&gt;If they wait isn't it more tramatic? Will they have higher risks of horrible things happening then?&lt;e&gt;
&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/QUOTE&gt;
&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;SIZE size="3"&gt;&lt;s&gt;<SIZE size="125">&lt;/s&gt;&lt;FONT font="Times New Roman"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;&lt;COLOR color="darkred"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;&lt;B&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;If an adult wants to get circumcised&lt;e&gt;&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/B&gt;, it’s definitely &lt;I&gt;&lt;s&gt;<I>&lt;/s&gt;his&lt;e&gt;</I>&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/I&gt; body and therefore, &lt;I&gt;&lt;s&gt;<I>&lt;/s&gt;his&lt;e&gt;</I>&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/I&gt; choice. &lt;B&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;There are benefits of being circumcised as an adult vs. as an infant.&lt;e&gt;&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/B&gt;&lt;e&gt;&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/COLOR&gt;&lt;e&gt;&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/FONT&gt;&lt;e&gt;</SIZE>&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/SIZE&gt;&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;FONT font="Times New Roman"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;&lt;COLOR color="darkred"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;adequete pain relieve during and after procedure (also keep in mind that adults don’t pee and poop on the raw wound from circimcision the way babies do);&lt;e&gt;</SIZE>&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/SIZE&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/COLOR]&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/COLOR&gt;&lt;e&gt;&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/FONT&gt;&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;FONT font="Times New Roman"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;&lt;COLOR color="darkred"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;significantly less chance of taking too much skin since the penis is ful grown size and no need to ‘guesstimate’;&lt;e&gt;</SIZE>&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/SIZE&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/COLOR]&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/COLOR&gt;&lt;e&gt;&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/FONT&gt;&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;FONT font="Times New Roman"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;&lt;COLOR color="darkred"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;prosess of keratinization and partual loss of sensitivity will be much less due to glans being protected by the foreskin all the years preor circumcision;&lt;e&gt;</SIZE>&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/SIZE&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/COLOR]&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/COLOR&gt;&lt;e&gt;&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/FONT&gt;&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;FONT font="Times New Roman"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;&lt;COLOR color="darkred"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;&lt;I&gt;&lt;s&gt;<I>&lt;/s&gt;his&lt;e&gt;</I>&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/I&gt; body, &lt;I&gt;&lt;s&gt;<I>&lt;/s&gt;his &lt;e&gt;</I>&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/I&gt;choice! not being ripped off from the basic right of genital integrity and the right to choose whether to preform this cosmetic sergery on the body or not. No one should ever have a right to alter genitals of another person! Kids are NOT a parent’s property!&lt;e&gt;</SIZE>&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/SIZE&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/COLOR]&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/COLOR&gt;&lt;e&gt;&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/FONT&gt;&lt;/r&gt;

yulia

Banned
Jan 25, 2008
Lafayette, CO
As I mentioned, I posted some circ info (studies, videos, etc) in my posts on page 1 (by editing them). I highly recommend taking a look at it.

yulia

Banned
Jan 25, 2008
Lafayette, CO

http://www.circumcision.org/mothers.htm[/URL]
</SIZE>[/FONT]
[/quote][/FONT][/SIZE]
[/COLOR]
<CENTER>
Some mothers have written about their experiences with circumcision during the previous year. “It was as close to hell as I ever want to get!” one wrote. Another related this memory:
</SIZE>[/FONT]

(2)[/URL]

<SIZE size="3"> </SIZE>
</SIZE>[/FONT]

(3)[/URL]

<SIZE size="3"> </SIZE>
</SIZE>[/FONT]

(4)[/URL]

<SIZE size="3"> </SIZE>
Nancy Wainer Cohen recalled her feelings connected with the circumcision of her son, who is now twenty-two:
</SIZE>[/FONT]

(6)[/URL]

<SIZE size="3"> </SIZE>
</SIZE>[/FONT]

Observing their son’s circumcision has left some parents with a deep feeling of regret. The following quotes are typical:
</SIZE>[/FONT]

[/SIZE]</SIZE>

I felt as if I might pass out at the sight of my son lying there, unable to move or defend himself. His screams tore at my heart as his foreskin was heartlessly torn from his penis. Too late to turn back, I knew that this was a terrible mistake and that it was something that no one, especially newborn babies, should ever have to endure. A wave of shock coursed through me—my body feeling nauseatingly sick with guilt and shame. All I could think of was holding and consoling my child, but his pain felt inconsolable—his body rigid with fear and anger—his eyes filled with tears of betrayal. (11)[/URL]

<SIZE size="3"> </SIZE>
</SIZE>[/FONT]

[/SIZE]</SIZE>

</CENTER>
</SIZE>[/FONT][/COLOR]
<i></i>

Good Wolf

PF Addict
Mar 11, 2008
TX
Are you trying to convince other people not to do it? I'm trying to figure out why the only time you post here it is about foreskin.

yulia

Banned
Jan 25, 2008
Lafayette, CO
Good Wolf said:
Are you trying to convince other people not to do it? I'm trying to figure out why the only time you post here it is about foreskin.
hmmm....I posted on many different subjects...perhaps this is the only one that interests you, so you don't read the others...

FooserX

PF Addict
Jul 11, 2007
Denver
from your mouth it sounds almost like a compliment, fooooser :rolleyes:[/quote]

I have nothing but respect for the aggravation you manage to bring out in people.

:p