"The Cruelest Cut"--Fox News Story...

yulia

Banned
Jan 25, 2008
Lafayette, CO
FooserX said:
Well watching a woman give birth isn't exactly a pretty sight either, ya know.
Bad comparison, foooser!
the difference is that SHE chose to do that with HER body! (and normally, she still has the whole body afterwards). Unlike a newborn who is being put through a cosmetic penis reductive surgery and will have to live with the consequences of it his whole life while he never consented to it!

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
Then I am angry that I HAD to have a c-section because I didn't ask for it and they also removed a vital part of me (my child)
Oddly enough I'm ok from it.

Cthru

PF Fiend
May 11, 2008
Chicago suburbs
^hahaha... Yah and they mutilated my belly.. leaving a forever scar when getting the baby out.

I can't believe this is still being discussed.

yulia

Banned
Jan 25, 2008
Lafayette, CO
musicmom said:
Then I am angry that I HAD to have a c-section because I didn't ask for it and they also removed a vital part of me (my child)
Oddly enough I'm ok from it.
you knew it was a possibility when you decided to get pregnant and you still went ahead with it.

FooserX

PF Addict
Jul 11, 2007
Denver
will have to live with the consequences of it his whole life while he never consented to it![/quote]

Does your husband "deal" with this every day of his life, Yules?

lol...no. Neither do I. Neither does every other circumsized guy.

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
you knew it was a possibility when you decided to get pregnant and you still went ahead with it.[/quote]No I did not.

ljmahr

PF Fiend
Oct 16, 2007
So are you against circ or against nonconsenting infants having circ? Just curious that is one of your arguments against it.

Ari2

PF Fiend
Jan 7, 2008
IMO, Yulia, repeatedly saying that a parent who choses circumcision is "mutilating" his or her own child is extremely antagonist, intentionally insulting, and disrespectful. There are ways to present any argument - including one as emotionally charged as circumcision - without resorting to what basically amounts to name-calling.

As for your statement "The only good that come from sharing pictures such as these with people who have never seen a fresh circ...is to show that it truly is MUTILATION. I'm sure most parents who've circ'd aren't prepared for the actual wound and wound care...the swelling, clotting, and bruising. " Here's what the American Academy of Family Physicians says about post-circumcision care:
<FONT font="Verdana"><SIZE size="100">
How do I care for my baby's penis after a circumcision?
</SIZE>

Gently clean the area with water every day and whenever the diaper area becomes soiled. Some swelling of the penis is normal after a circumcision. A clear crust will probably form over the area. It normally takes 7 to 10 days for the penis to heal after a circumcision.

After the circumcision, you may notice a small amount of blood on the baby's diaper. If the bloodstain is larger than the size of a quarter, call your doctor right away. In addition, you should call your doctor if a Plastibell device was used during the circumcision and the device doesn't fall off within 10 to 12 days. If there is a bandage on the penis instead of a Plastibell, the bandage should be changed each time you change your son's diaper. This will help prevent infection.

And infant, keep his penis wrapped in gauze that is dabbed with petroleum jelly or ointment. Change this every time you change his diaper. Avoid getting his penis wet in a bath until healing is complete, typically about one week after the surgery.

So the normal care is changing gauze when you change the diaper, keep the area clean with water, and use a dab of Vaseline. I think any parent is prepared and able to do such things. If there is clotting as you said - where are the clots you are talking about? - it is abnormal, as is anything more than a scant bit of blood.
[/COLOR]

ljmahr

PF Fiend
Oct 16, 2007
Ari2 said:
IMO, Yulia, repeatedly saying that a parent who choses circumcision is "mutilating" his or her own child is extremely antagonist, intentionally insulting, and disrespectful. There are ways to present any argument - including one as emotionally charged as circumcision - without resorting to what basically amounts to name-calling.

I agree with you 100%!