Sex Ed...

jtee

Banned
Jun 24, 2007
Lissa said:
If I can review the outline of the sex ed class, and if I approve, I would have no objection to him being taught by the school. The bottomline here is that I do not trust anyone but me.
I haven't read the entire thread yet, but we (wife and I) feel the parents need to take a lead role in this. Nothing wrong with Sex Ed in the schools. We know of a few parents who can't\won't talk about sex with their children.

Lissa

PF Visionary
Sep 12, 2007
jtee said:
I haven't read the entire thread yet, but we (wife and I) feel the parents need to take a lead role in this. Nothing wrong with Sex Ed in the schools. We know of a few parents who can'twon't talk about sex with their children.
My parents never talked to us about sex and two of my sisters were knocked up before high school graduation. From firsthand experience, I definitely think parents need to play a very strong role.

HappyMomma

PF Addict
Mar 7, 2008
Wylie, TX
jtee said:
I haven't read the entire thread yet, but we (wife and I) feel the parents need to take a lead role in this. Nothing wrong with Sex Ed in the schools. We know of a few parents who can'twon't talk about sex with their children.
I believe that is what the sex ed program is designed for - those children who's parents will not take the responsibility to teach their children themself.

I also feel that if I do a good job of education my child about sex and other moral issues, that a sex ed course is not going to hurt anything.

Lissa

PF Visionary
Sep 12, 2007
HappyMomma said:
I believe that is what the sex ed program is designed for - those children who's parents will not take the responsibility to teach their children themself.
Let it be an option then. Just don't make it mandatory.

Lissa

PF Visionary
Sep 12, 2007
We had sex ed in grade school and then in high school we practically had an entire semester focused on sex with speakers and all. It was ridiculous.

HappyMomma

PF Addict
Mar 7, 2008
Wylie, TX
Lissa said:
We had sex ed in grade school and then in high school we practically had an entire semester focused on sex with speakers and all. It was ridiculous.
Wow - who were the speakers or what did they talk about specifically?

Lissa

PF Visionary
Sep 12, 2007
HappyMomma said:
Wow - who were the speakers or what did they talk about specifically?
Nurses from the clinic talking about STDs. I think a man that had AIDS even came in to talk.

Lissa

PF Visionary
Sep 12, 2007
HappyMomma said:
Seriously, they didn't even go into that... just that girls menstruate. LOL
Well, that's pretty much all there is to sex, right? hahaha

meow_173

PF Addict
Jan 3, 2008
Hamilton, Ontario
Lissa said:
Well, I definitely wouldn't want him finding out about it. But I wouldn't want him finding out a lot of things about me. lol Am I afraid that he will be homosexual because I find women attractive, no. I'm afraid that the school system will teach him that it's okay. That's all.
i think maybe your biggest fear is that
a) he will find out your bi
OR
b) He will learn from school that being bi or homosexual is a horrible and wrong thing and find out that you are bi and ultimately choose to reject you.

Lissa

PF Visionary
Sep 12, 2007
meow_173 said:
i think maybe your biggest fear is that
a) he will find out your bi
OR
b) He will learn from school that being bi or homosexual is a horrible and wrong thing and find out that you are bi and ultimately choose to reject you.
Are you my therapist? ;)

Lissa

PF Visionary
Sep 12, 2007
Okay. So seriously now. I'm not afraid that schools will teach him it's wrong. I'm afraid they will teach him it's right.

meow_173

PF Addict
Jan 3, 2008
Hamilton, Ontario
Lissa said:
Are you my therapist? ;)
lol nope, but it seems logical and fits in as to why you do not want him learning about it. The fact is, if he finds out he finds out. i mean he's only a year old right now, and unless you have countless women running around in your house, or you give him reason to believe your Bi, then he wont find out.

meow_173

PF Addict
Jan 3, 2008
Hamilton, Ontario
Lissa said:
Okay. So seriously now. I'm not afraid that schools will teach him it's wrong. I'm afraid they will teach him it's right.
lol, well of couse you are afraid they will teach him its right. You're afraid that they will teach him its right because deep down you have those feelings.
But like i said before, they wont teach him they are right

Lissa

PF Visionary
Sep 12, 2007
meow_173 said:
lol nope, but it seems logical and fits in as to why you do not want him learning about it. The fact is, if he finds out he finds out. i mean he's only a year old right now, and unless you have countless women running around in your house, or you give him reason to believe your Bi, then he wont find out.
True, but I have a husband that would probably destroy me if we ever got divorced.