Sex Offenders In YOUR Neighbourhood...

Joy

PF Enthusiast
Apr 1, 2008
Louisiana
HappyMomma said:
In our city, you can do a neighborhood search and it lists a picture of them as well as their specific charge.
We have that here too and it's helpful to see a pic as well.

Joy

PF Enthusiast
Apr 1, 2008
Louisiana
Barbi.doll said:
You know what is really sad - the fact that now a days, we have to watch our kids outside. Do you remember when you were 7 to 12 years old, and your parents let you roam around with your friends in the neighbourhood?
I agree!!

Joy

PF Enthusiast
Apr 1, 2008
Louisiana
Amber said:
I'm not sure about this. I think things were terrible back when I was a teen, but I do seriously think there are a lot more crimes being committed these days. Take my hometown...crime rose drastically in 5 years time. Perhaps it had a lot to do with people actually reporting it, but it rose, nonetheless.
I agree, there is MORE CRIME NOW!!!

Joy

PF Enthusiast
Apr 1, 2008
Louisiana
Ok Now I am going to start a new topic call the sex offender - next door (I need opinions and don't want it to get burried in this one)

Thanks!

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
meow_173 said:
Problaby, bc his wee wee is out lol
that's exactly why...but could you imagine being a guy and taking a leak on a tree somewhere and being labled as a sex offender the rest of your life?

Lissa

PF Visionary
Sep 12, 2007
fallon said:
did you know a man who gets caught peeing outside can be convicted as a sex offender?
An 18 year old that has sex with a 16 year old could also be a sex offender. That's what sucks about the watch dog site. It doesn't give any details.

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
Lissa said:
An 18 year old that has sex with a 16 year old could also be a sex offender. That's what sucks about the watch dog site. It doesn't give any details.
I have the same problem with it

Joy

PF Enthusiast
Apr 1, 2008
Louisiana
Lissa said:
Ours gives some details.

Aunt

PF Fanatic
Nov 4, 2007
I have real concerns about this issue. The fact is in some states young people have been charged with "sex crimes" that have landed them on offender registries for very little. (18 yr olds having sex with 16 yr olds) etc. It is as much a civil liberty issue as anything else. Have a look at this site and you will see that in many cases it takes very little for a young person to end up a "sex offender" with their future in tatters
I would like to think that parental communication with their kids and a willingness to act on gut instincts (which can be hard) should be enough that we can avoid a system where we all spy on one another.