sexual freedom...

meow_173

PF Addict
Jan 3, 2008
Hamilton, Ontario
Just out of curriousity.....Don't you think though as a parent and a head of your <I>HOUSE </I>(because you are the homemaker, you are the one who <I>cleans, cooks, takes care of her family</I>) That you should have just as much say in decisions that affect your house?

Teresa

PF Fiend
Feb 2, 2007
Ohio
HappyMomma said:
I was raised to believe in myself as a strong self-sufficient woman and I thank my mother very much for that.
So was I, and I AM strong and self-sufficient....but that means I'm strong enough to surrender my life to God, and follow His teachings. As I said about this topic on another thread, I surrender to the will of God, not to the will of Barry.

FooserX

PF Addict
Jul 11, 2007
Denver
meow_173 said:
Just out of curriousity.....Don't you think though as a parent and a head of your <I>HOUSE </I>(because you are the homemaker, you are the one who <I>cleans, cooks, takes care of her family</I>) That you should have just as much say in decisions that affect your house?

Are you a Christian Meow?

Like...a real one? (Not one who just says they are but still acts like everyone else)

Teresa

PF Fiend
Feb 2, 2007
Ohio
meow_173 said:
I have a say in everything...I said that already....but in the end, the decision is his, because I trust that he is also surrendered to the will of God, and that he loves m, and the family, with the same love God has for all of us, just as he is commanded in the Scripture.

HappyMomma

PF Addict
Mar 7, 2008
Wylie, TX
Teresa said:
I have a say in everything...I said that already....but in the end, the decision is his, because I trust that he is also surrendered to the will of God, and that he loves m, and the family, with the same love God has for all of us, just as he is commanded in the Scripture.
I do admire your faith, but for me personally that would drive me crazy. ;)

meow_173

PF Addict
Jan 3, 2008
Hamilton, Ontario
Teresa said:
I agree with happymomma, i think its fantastic you have so much faith in your faith (lol if that makes sense) but i wouldn't be able to not have a final say in anything

Teresa

PF Fiend
Feb 2, 2007
Ohio
meow_173 said:
I agree with happymomma, i think its fantastic you have so much faith in your faith (lol if that makes sense) but i wouldn't be able to not have a final say in anything
We agree 99.99% of the time, so generally I have as much of a final say as he does. :)

Teresa

PF Fiend
Feb 2, 2007
Ohio
And if we don't agree, I trust him enough to believe that he'll do what's right for the whole family in the long run. And if, for some reason, he takes us in the wrong direction, away from the will of God, HE is the one who will have to answer for it, not me. LOL

FooserX

PF Addict
Jul 11, 2007
Denver
meow_173 said:
why do you ask?

Well I still don't know your answer.

You say you were baptized Catholic, but you had a baby out of wedlock...some of your comics would be offensive to most (true) christians...so it's weird to hear you say you are.

I just was curious because most girls that I've gone to church with (I don't anymore)...were submissive and they didn't have a problem with it.

So I was just wondering if you don't share that point of view because you're not as involved with the Church as some other people.

ivybendorf

PF Enthusiast
Mar 2, 2008
Oklahoma
Submission does not indicate inferiority. It means you are equal, but you choose to serve. I choose to serve, for reasons that are not at all religious, and I still feel very strong, capable, and independent. I am a woman, and that in itself makes me strong enough to take care of my family and my husband. I serve because I am depended on, and I am proud of that. I serve because I know I am appreciated and loved and my efforts are not taken for granted. I serve my family, and in so doing serve myself. By putting myself last, I put myself first.

I am a not-so-humble servant to my husband and my children. It does not make me lesser, it makes me more.

meow_173

PF Addict
Jan 3, 2008
Hamilton, Ontario
FooserX said:
Well I still don't know your answer.

You say you were baptized Catholic, but you had a baby out of wedlock...some of your comics would be offensive to most (true) christians...so it's weird to hear you say you are.

I just was curious because most girls that I've gone to church with (I don't anymore)...were submissive and they didn't have a problem with it.

So I was just wondering if you don't share that point of view because you're not as involved with the Church as some other people.
I'm really not involved as much in the church anymore, but treat others as you would want to be treated. I think that this statement (or the golden rule) coveres everything that one needs to cover.
THe comics? I just think they are funny, and you can't take these kid of things to heart.

FooserX

PF Addict
Jul 11, 2007
Denver
meow_173 said:
treat others as you would want to be treated. I think that this statement (or the golden rule) coveres everything that one needs to cover.

That's a nice mantra, but it's not really what religion is all about :)

meow_173

PF Addict
Jan 3, 2008
Hamilton, Ontario
FooserX said:
That's a nice mantra, but it's not really what religion is all about :)
But thats the thing. I don't need organized religion to teach me how to live my life. I know right from wrong, i know not to cheat, steal or lie. ANd i take responsibilities for my actions. So really, religion and going ot church is a place where people can concgregate and share in their faith, but to me i don't need to.