Single dad problem-please help!...

meow_173

PF Addict
Jan 3, 2008
Hamilton, Ontario
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH well, when one is as ignorant enough to post shit that has no relevant usage, or doesn't post their own opinion and believes that just posting a bunch of random links to no where from 1913 about a doctor who believes ultrasounds aren't healthy for a baby......I think its just silly to assume we wouldn't reply to those posts using a higher form of nastiness :p

Lissa

PF Visionary
Sep 12, 2007
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH well, when one is as ignorant enough to post shit that has no relevant usage, or doesn't post their own opinion and believes that just posting a bunch of random links to no where from 1913 about a doctor who believes ultrasounds aren't healthy for a baby......I think its just silly to assume we wouldn't reply to those posts using a higher form of nastiness :p[/quote]

<3

Mindy

PF Addict
Feb 20, 2008
QC, Canada
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH well, when one is as ignorant enough to post shit that has no relevant usage, or doesn't post their own opinion and believes that just posting a bunch of random links to no where from 1913 about a doctor who believes ultrasounds aren't healthy for a baby......I think its just silly to assume we wouldn't reply to those posts using a higher form of nastiness :p[/quote]

How about just ignoring those types? 100 bucks says it's more effective than being nasty and asking to be bitten back :) :wacko:
Seriously though, I totally get everyone's personality., everyone shares their opinion, no sugarcoating and that's great..but in my opinion no one actually TRIES to be nasty except musicmom.

meow_173

PF Addict
Jan 3, 2008
Hamilton, Ontario
Mindy said:
How about just ignoring those types? 100 bucks says it's more effective than being nasty and asking to be bitten back :) :wacko:
LOL oh i know, fooser and i were just foolin around. Its not right to disrespect others.

yulia

Banned
Jan 25, 2008
Lafayette, CO
FooserX said:
Why are you expecting the mom to change the girls' behavior? She can't make her daughter think the biological dad is dad when he's not even around!

AND...this girl doesn't need to listen to you as you guys are NOT the parents. As far as she is concerned, you are babysitters trying to act like parents. You're the ones who do not belong and are the problem for her.

Seriously...this post makes me mad.
for the first time (that I remember, at least) I agree with fooser.

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
Mindy said:
Seriously though, I totally get everyone's personality., everyone shares their opinion, no sugarcoating and that's great..but in my opinion no one actually TRIES to be nasty except musicmom.
Telling it like it is became nasty? Give me a break. You've been here what? A week, how the heck would you know anything? Or are you judging on this one post? Don't post dumb s*** and expect a "you're such a good mom" response when YOU are in the wrong.

Kim

PF Fiend
Apr 3, 2007
St. Louis, MO
Basically, this is an unresolvable situation.

This is because no adult party involved wishes to go to any great lengths to resolve the situation. You won't move. THe other mom won't move.

So that leaves shipping the girl halfway across the country on intervals that are not going to work out forever.

If you want to resolve the situation, somebody is going to have to do something more than whine about it.

SuperMario

Banned
Aug 14, 2007
The situation should have been resolved after the girl expressed she didn't want to see the dad. It is her decision leave her alone.

Kim

PF Fiend
Apr 3, 2007
St. Louis, MO
See I missed that part, because truthfully I didn't read all of the posts.

One thing though - the girl is 4. She shouldn't really get to decide, because who knows? She could have been having a bad day. Or that may be a decision that is difficult to change in the future should she want to.

SuperMario

Banned
Aug 14, 2007
Yes she should get to decide. They can ask her every month or so. If she says no constantly than she just doesn't want to go. People need to listen to kids more they are people too. Give her the option do not force her as it is not necessary.

Mindy

PF Addict
Feb 20, 2008
QC, Canada
"Telling it like it is became nasty? Give me a break. You've been here what? A week, how the heck would you know anything? Or are you judging on this one post? Don't post dumb s*** and expect a "you're such a good mom" response when YOU are in the wrong."

Telling it like it is, is different than just plain old nastiness. You can tell it like it is and still have respect for the OP.

Yeah, probably less than a week actually that I have been here. But I read a lot, got a feel for the posters. I noticed that although everyone tells it like it is, they do it without making the poster feel stupid or less than them. They joke a lot but in all seriousness they don't question the person's character the way you do. They just give straight opinions. I just glaze over when someone starts to assume someone is a bad person from a few posts on a message board. Have a little compassion.

meow_173

PF Addict
Jan 3, 2008
Hamilton, Ontario
Mindy said:
"Telling it like it is, is different than just plain old nastiness. You can tell it like it is and still have respect for the OP.

Yeah, probably less than a week actually that I have been here. But I read a lot, got a feel for the posters. I noticed that although everyone tells it like it is, they do it without making the poster feel stupid or less than them. They joke a lot but in all seriousness they don't question the person's character the way you do. They just give straight opinions. I just glaze over when someone starts to assume someone is a bad person from a few posts on a message board. Have a little compassion.
Here here to that! Finally someone who understands!

FooserX

PF Addict
Jul 11, 2007
Denver
hannah's mommy said:
See I missed that part, because truthfully I didn't read all of the posts.

One thing though - the girl is 4. She shouldn't really get to decide, because who knows? She could have been having a bad day. Or that may be a decision that is difficult to change in the future should she want to.

I absolutely agree with Kim on this one.

Since when do 4 year olds get to decide anything? They're 4! If it were up to them, we'd be watching cartoons and eating McDonald's every night of the week.

Kids have no idea what is best for them, or the family because they are completely selfish. I don't mean that in a bad way, but at that age, everything revolves around their immediate needs.

You're way off on this one SuperMario.

Mindy

PF Addict
Feb 20, 2008
QC, Canada
I agree that a 4 year old cannot decide for herself. She may just be having a bad week or month. Things could change, and as she gets older, she will appreciate the time she has had with her dad.