The Playground...

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
Yeah its better now but earlier it was a nightmare. Good to know it wasn't my particular internet/computer.

NinJaBob

PF Addict
Sep 29, 2008
Ohio
It's been fathers day for an hour and 46 minutes and still nobody has given me a back rub or made me a sammich or fetched me a cold one.

Jeremy+3

PF Addict
Apr 18, 2009
Nottinghamshire
Very tired today, it's the summer solstice in the northern hemisphere, so I had a long night at stonehenge, I couldn't leave our house until late this year as my wife was working at the Grantham carnival. I'm going to sleep for so long tonight.

ElliottCarasDad

PF Addict
Sep 10, 2008
Iowa
Jeremy+3 said:
You can get her a tooth guard fitted at the dentist to stop it at night, then in the day you can just tell her to stop and shut up!
I think she just does it during the day, and I think she doesnt know she is doing it. When she does it, I'll say her name, and she always says, "otay, otay"

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
lol oh man that's the worst thing ever!! DH does it in his sleep and I wake him up to make him stop because it makes me crazy!!! lol I'm sure she is just discovering that she can do it, I think I remember Eli experimenting with that. Hopefully its a passing thing for her like it was for him lol.

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
Our kids' dentist said that daytime grinding like that is normal and a phase many kids go through and is not damgerous. When they do it at night, that's when it's bad. Doesn't make it any easier to live with though...

Hartz75

PF Enthusiast
Jun 10, 2010
Ontario, Canada
ElliottCarasDad said:
Cara has been grinding her teeth lately....it feels like someone is poking hot knives into my brain! :arghh:

I grind my teeth at night, i do have a night gaurd, it takes a bit to get use to but it does not bother me now. The Dentist told me also that I coudl not chew gum anymore and to stay away from other chewy foods (like steak) he said to limit it to as much as possible and it will reduce the amount I grind. It does reduce it. My youngest daughter is starting to do it :eek:. Stress also causes it.

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
ThatMom said:
Oops. I shouldnt have posted in this ... sorry!
ThatMom, since you realized the mistake and are new, I decided to move your post to the middle child/preadolesence section.

hope that helps and that you stick around and share your thought and get to know some people here.

Xero

PF Deity
Mar 20, 2008
PA
SO I was supposed to work today, and my manager called me up a few hours before hand to tell me that the storm damaged the store this morning and that they have to close it down until its fixed!! How random??? Basically the wind blew the doors in so hard that part of the door busted right out and the walls around the doors cracked and busted in!! Not to mention all the water!! Its crazy!

So I just went shopping instead. :)

Jeremy+3

PF Addict
Apr 18, 2009
Nottinghamshire
Oh, I really don't like that colour yellow especially with the black, at least you'll have loads of time off work. Our roof needed repairing once, it took three months, those three months were so good.

IADad

Super Moderator
Feb 23, 2009
Iowa
um, looks like somebody's stealing a dog...

Seriously, that seems like a 2 hours put in some kinda temporary door thing, then fix it when the store's closed kind of fix