They won’t remember it....

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
Kaytee said:
people like what exactly? People that don't think the same way as you?
People who are so one sided. I don't care if anyone disagree's or agree's with MY points of views because they are MINE and so is the choice to do whatever I want with MY child.
For someone to say that MY child is going to have trama or panick attacks is ignorant. Yes IGNORANT! Uneducated.

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
Did she say that your child would have those problems or that your child is at risk for those problems. There is a difference. Heck my own child is at risk for alcohalism since it is on both sides of the family. but that doesn't mean she will be ya know?
I think Yulia is very strong worded when she talks, for sure, but.. she for sure is not un educated and is much more educated then most people on the subject.

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
Children in general I assumed speaking of the vast majority. She is not educated on the subject. She only knows what she copy and pastes and what she has heard. The majority of her posts have been challenged by Ari and she can't back any of it up. Why not?

Ari2

PF Fiend
Jan 7, 2008
&lt;r&gt;&lt;COLOR color="maroon"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;&lt;SIZE size="3"&gt;&lt;s&gt;<SIZE size="125">&lt;/s&gt;&lt;FONT font="Times New Roman"&gt;&lt;s&gt;<FONT font="Times New Roman">&lt;/s&gt;&lt;B&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;So, Ari, you think it doesn’t make any sense? &lt;br/&gt;
&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;COLOR color="Black"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;Nope. &lt;e&gt;&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/COLOR&gt;&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;br/&gt;
You think it’s funny?&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;COLOR color="Black"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;&lt;br/&gt;
Yep.&lt;e&gt;
&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/COLOR&gt; &lt;br/&gt;
&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;e&gt;
&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/B&gt;&lt;e&gt;
&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/FONT&gt;&lt;e&gt;
</SIZE>&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/SIZE&gt;&lt;e&gt;
&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/COLOR&gt; &lt;COLOR color="maroon"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;&lt;SIZE size="3"&gt;&lt;s&gt;<SIZE size="125">&lt;/s&gt;&lt;FONT font="Times New Roman"&gt;&lt;s&gt;<FONT font="Times New Roman">&lt;/s&gt;&lt;B&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;Let’s see. So if tomorrow someone straps you down and cuts off a piece of you and then inject you with a drag that will erase the whole event from your memory, you think you will be still the person you were before just because you don’t remember it?! As a psychologist (and you are free to ask a second opinion, if you wish)&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;COLOR color="Black"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;Thanks. Will do. &lt;e&gt;&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/COLOR&gt;&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;br/&gt;
I can pretty much promise you that you will have a lot of panic attacks, feeling of unsafely and perhaps much more UNTIL you actually will be made to REMEMBER the event, so you can deal with that. Until that happens you will be pretty f**** up without even knowing the cause.&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;COLOR color="Black"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;&lt;br/&gt;
What do you think happens with major surgery? You are given drugs to make you lose consciousness. Then all sorts of nasty things happen to you. You may have consented to the surgery, but it is unlikely that you really know in detail of what happens to your body beyond a rough description of the basic procedure. But you are given drugs to make you forget. You won't remember the procedure (if the memory-erasing drugs were given before surgery you may not even remember being wheeled into the OR), but you will not be "pretty f'd up", with panic attacks and feelings of being unsafe. This happens to thousands of people a day in the US in surgeries that range from small hernia repairs to heart transplants to facial reconstruction to amputation. You don't remember. You aren't f'd up.&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;e&gt;
&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/COLOR&gt;&lt;e&gt;
&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/B&gt;&lt;e&gt;
&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/FONT&gt;&lt;e&gt;
</SIZE>&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/SIZE&gt;&lt;e&gt;
&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/COLOR&gt; &lt;br/&gt;
&lt;COLOR color="maroon"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;&lt;B&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;You guys are right, it’s so funny!!!! Wow! I just got my weekly dosage of laugh!&lt;e&gt;&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/B&gt;&lt;e&gt;&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/FONT&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/SIZE]</SIZE>&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/SIZE&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/COLOR]&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/COLOR&gt;[/quote]&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;B&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt; That's good because if you can't find humor in a subject you are probably burning up unnecessary energy and making yourself miserable.&lt;e&gt;&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/B&gt;&lt;/r&gt;

Mindy

PF Addict
Feb 20, 2008
QC, Canada
Ummm, sorry but some subjects DON'T have any humour. I hope you'd be ok then, if someone cut your clitoris off, so long as you don't remember, WHO CARES!

I'm sorry fallon, but no reason to make light of such a serious subject.

meow_173

PF Addict
Jan 3, 2008
Hamilton, Ontario
&lt;r&gt;&lt;QUOTE author="yulia;35382"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;&lt;U&gt;&lt;s&gt;<U>&lt;/s&gt;However, I would like to point out, that this thread is NOT about circumcision and therefore, I’d ask everyone to stay away from discussing the subject.&lt;e&gt;</U>&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/U&gt;&lt;e&gt;</SIZE>&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/SIZE&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/B]&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/B&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/FONT]&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/FONT&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/SIZE]</SIZE>&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/SIZE&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/COLOR]&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/COLOR&gt;&lt;br/&gt;

&lt;e&gt;[/quote]&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/QUOTE&gt;
&lt;br/&gt;
So much for that.....&lt;/r&gt;

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
but everytime someone else brings it up, does not mean it is about her. SHe is not the only one who thinks Circ is uneccasary

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
Kaytee said:
but everytime someone else brings it up, does not mean it is about her. SHe is not the only one who thinks Circ is uneccasary
she promise me in the beginning this was not a circ debate...I guess since it had no other REAL topic it just turned into a circ debate. While I agree with the fact the she isn't the only one who doesn't agree with it she is the only one who shoves it down our throats with every other post ;) I am not defending anyone here, I like Yulia...I'm just stating my opinon :)

Kaytee

PF Deity
Apr 9, 2007
Texas
I do agree, that her posts are harsh. But every post by her is circ, and every post by a few others is bash someone else. So I say this is the last post on this thread if it cannot go back to the original post. (peircing for example is exactly the same concept that she was refferring too)

yulia

Banned
Jan 25, 2008
Lafayette, CO
&lt;r&gt;&lt;QUOTE author="Ari2;36113"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;What do you think happens with major surgery? You are given drugs to make you lose consciousness. Then all sorts of nasty things happen to you. You may have consented to the surgery, but it is unlikely that you really know in detail of what happens to your body beyond a rough description of the basic procedure. But you are given drugs to make you forget. You won't remember the procedure (if the memory-erasing drugs were given before surgery you may not even remember being wheeled into the OR), but you will not be "pretty f'd up", with panic attacks and feelings of being unsafe. This happens to thousands of people a day in the US in surgeries that range from small hernia repairs to heart transplants to facial reconstruction to amputation. You don't remember. You aren't f'd up.&lt;e&gt;&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/COLOR&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/FONT]&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/FONT&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/SIZE]</SIZE>&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/SIZE&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/B]&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/B&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/COLOR]&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/COLOR&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/quote]&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/QUOTE&gt;
&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;COLOR color="maroon"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;Ari, I can’t figure out if you pretend to not be getting it at all because you're getting a kick from me getting into an explanation of the most obvious things (if so, please let me know and I'll just ignore such posts of yours since I don't really have time to waste) or you really aren't getting it?!&lt;e&gt;&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/COLOR&gt;&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;COLOR color="maroon"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt; &lt;e&gt;&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/COLOR&gt;&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;COLOR color="maroon"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;During surgeries we do NOT actually FEEL pain; many surgeries (for instance, c-section, which is a major abdominal surgery) performed under anesthesia that allows a person to stay totally awake and STILL feel no pain. As for general anesthesia, you don't ACTUALLY FEEL anything, even pocks, forget about pain, it NOT just about torturing you and then erasing it from your memory. So, you do NOT really get any trauma on the first place.&lt;e&gt;&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/COLOR&gt;&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;COLOR color="maroon"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;On the other hand, some people report anesthesia failure (when they couldn't move or scream but feel quite a bit) and some of them don't quite even remember the surgery itself, remembering just the feeling of panic, pain, helplessness and those people usually spend years going through therapies, having horrible nightmares, panic attacks, etc.&lt;e&gt;&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/COLOR&gt;&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;COLOR color="maroon"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt; &lt;e&gt;&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/COLOR&gt;&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;COLOR color="maroon"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;Most of babies (about 85% of them) are NOT given ANY anesthesia. Some are given topical cream which usually almost doesn't do anything even IF you wait the full 45 min or so for it to take affect (which usually isn't the case; no one usually wants to "waste" time waiting for it to take effect and the ripping off, cutting and crushing of the most sensitive part of the body is basically performed almost right away after the cream was applied which basically means NO anesthesia). Most babies wail bloody murder, they chock, pass out, puke, pass out, wail, chock and this "fun" goes on for about 15 min. Do you SERIOUSLY think that human BODY and BRAIN can really EVER forget such a trauma even if it's not something a person actively remembers?! That would be so naive to think that!&lt;e&gt;&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/COLOR&gt;&lt;/r&gt;

Good Wolf

PF Addict
Mar 11, 2008
TX
This debate had made me curious about just much more sensitive it would be with it's rain coat on.

In researching it I found a site that was talking about folding the skin up and over it to make it grow back. I didn't dig much deeper than that but it seems a bit far fetched. Yulia migh know more about it.

I will say that most women are used to seeing ones that are cut, and I do know that some women find it a huge turn off when they aren't so it might limit the kid's prospects down the road. Lord knows it would be a huge blow to the ego if a woman cringed at the sight of it.

yulia

Banned
Jan 25, 2008
Lafayette, CO
Kaytee, I should admit that I have hard time seeing ear piercing as abuse. It’s so instant and almost painless thing these days. HOWEVER, I do have a problem with it, because again it permanently alters ANOTHER person’s body without this person’s consent. [/COLOR]
I was begging my mom to pierce my ears when I was something like 8. She agreed it was done and I was super happy. Now I wish she told me to wait till I was 18 since I really hate those holes in my ears, I wish I didn’t have them. But at least it was MY CHOICE. [/COLOR]
It's is definitely a wrong thing to do it to a baby and I would be bloody p*** of at my mom had she even done it to me as a baby.

yulia

Banned
Jan 25, 2008
Lafayette, CO
Good Wolf said:
This debate had made me curious about just much more sensitive it would be with it's rain coat on.

In researching it I found a site that was talking about folding the skin up and over it to make it grow back. I didn't dig much deeper than that but it seems a bit far fetched. Yulia migh know more about it.
The National Organization of Restoring Men
http://www.norm.org/[/URL]

Restoration Product Comparison
http://www.x-mail.net:80/restore/compare.htm[/URL]

Foreskin Restoration Forum Forum Index (a lot of great info and support)
http://frcchat.org/phpBB2/index.php[/URL]

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
yulia said:
During surgeries we do NOT actually FEEL pain; many surgeries (for instance, c-section, which is a major abdominal surgery) performed under anesthesia that allows a person to stay totally awake and STILL feel no pain. As for general anesthesia, you don't ACTUALLY FEEL anything, even pocks, forget about pain, it NOT just about torturing you and then erasing it from your memory. So, you do NOT really get any trauma on the first place.
On the other hand, some people report anesthesia failure (when they couldn't move or scream but feel quite a bit) and some of them don't quite even remember the surgery itself, remembering just the feeling of panic, pain, helplessness and those people usually spend years going through therapies, having horrible nightmares, panic attacks, etc.
I've had 2 c-sections and they hurt like hell :(

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
Yulia if you hate the holes in your ears then why haven't you let them grow back. They do close IF you quit putting earring back in them.