They won’t remember it....

yulia

Banned
Jan 25, 2008
Lafayette, CO
musicmom said:
Yulia if you hate the holes in your ears then why haven't you let them grow back. They do close IF you quit putting earring back in them.
I haven't been wearing earrings for over 10 years by now and I'm not sure if the holes sealed or not, but you still can see them very clear.:(

s_l_wood

Feb 9, 2008
Montreal
I`ve heard several people say it is best for babies to get circumcised right after birth so that ``they won`t remember it`` but I have never asked them to elaborate. Perhaps they know boys and men who were circumcised as babies and do not complain about something they do not remember, or perhaps they think if something unpleasant happens it is better to be done at a time when it will be forgotten. Our son will not remember his circumcision (he got it done when he was only a couple weeks old), but it was not unpleasent at all. It was done at the Tiny Tots Medical Center in Montreal with painkiller, by Dr. Murray Katz, using the mogen clamp. I got circumcised as a baby but if it was not done then and could be done as quickly and easily as our sons was in my adult years (impossible, of course, but I am speaking hypothetically) I would have gladly chosen to have it done. Our son`s circumcision took less than a minute. Similar procedures can be done in Toronto at The Jesin Circumcision Clinic, and in Vancouver at The Pollock Clinic. All this stuff about babies not remembering the trauma of their circumcisions was irrelevant to us as our son`s circumcision was quick and painless. My fiance has heard about long, painful circumcisions but she was present when our son got it done and said it was quick, with almost no discomfort. A video of the procedure our son received can be seen at:
WWW.CIRCUMCISIONVANCOUVER.COM

Ari2

PF Fiend
Jan 7, 2008
<r><QUOTE author="yulia;36181"><s></s>Ari, I can’t figure out if you pretend to not be getting it at all because you're getting a kick from me getting into an explanation of the most obvious things (if so, please let me know and I'll just ignore such posts of yours since I don't really have time to waste) or you really aren't getting it?!<e></e></COLOR><br/>
<br/>
Um, I think there is a third explanation....<br/>
<br/>
<COLOR color="maroon"><s></s>During surgeries we do NOT actually FEEL pain; many surgeries (for instance, c-section, which is a major abdominal surgery) performed under anesthesia that allows a person to stay totally awake and STILL feel no pain. As for general anesthesia, you don't ACTUALLY FEEL anything, even pocks, forget about pain, it NOT just about torturing you and then erasing it from your memory. So, you do NOT really get any trauma on the first place.<br/>
<br/>
<COLOR color="Black"><s></s>I think many people would be traumatized if they found out the details of their surgery. And while unwelcome, pain is not that uncommon under general anesthesia and usually manifests itself with an increase in blood pressure and heart rate. When this happens, the anesthesiologist just gives IV pain meds. It is viewed as so commonplace and insignificant that it does not get reported. With regional anesthesia (e.g., epidurals, spinals, and procedures that numb limbs/part of limbs), the failure rate, which is the rate that the patient didn't get pain relief, is fairly high - it usually is reported to be around 10-20%. And even when it is successful, most people experience significant pain when the blood is forced from the limb (such as in hand surgeries) and the tourniquet is on, which is during most limb surgeries. In most situations the patient receives more pain meds as well as a drug to erase their memory. But if the pain is going to be very brief or there is a reason to avoid narcotics the person may just get a memory-erasing drug. <br/>
<e>
</e></COLOR><br/>
<e>
</e></COLOR> <COLOR color="maroon"><s></s>On the other hand, some people report anesthesia failure (when they couldn't move or scream but feel quite a bit) and some of them don't quite even remember the surgery itself, remembering just the feeling of panic, pain, helplessness and those people usually spend years going through therapies, having horrible nightmares, panic attacks, etc.<br/>
<br/>
<COLOR color="Black"><s></s>I know 2 people who had awareness under anesthesia. Neither needed therapy or had panic attacks. In studies, most don't have panic attacks after this. It's a horrible experience, but it usually does not lead to years of therapy. Just as reassurance: This is rare, and there usually are indications when this happens so the anesthesiologist can make adjustments and render the person completely unaware. <e></e></COLOR><br/>
<e>
</e></COLOR> <br/>
<COLOR color="maroon"><s></s>Most of babies (about 85% of them) are NOT given ANY anesthesia. Some are given topical cream which usually almost doesn't do anything even IF you wait the full 45 min or so for it to take affect (which usually isn't the case; no one usually wants to "waste" time waiting for it to take effect and the ripping off, cutting and crushing of the most sensitive part of the body is basically performed almost right away after the cream was applied which basically means NO anesthesia). Most babies wail bloody murder, they chock, pass out, puke, pass out, wail, chock and this "fun" goes on for about 15 min. Do you SERIOUSLY think that human BODY and BRAIN can really EVER forget such a trauma even if it's not something a person actively remembers?! That would be so naive to think that!<e></e></COLOR><e>[/quote]</e></QUOTE>

How many circs have you seen? I've never seen the "wail bloody murder, choke, pass out, puke, pass out, wail, choke" for every 15 minutes. I've never even seen a kid pass out or puke, much less do this repeatedly. Have you actually seen enough circs and witness this phenomenon to say that it is "most babies", or this just what you think happens?</r>

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
s_l_wood said:
I`ve heard several people say it is best for babies to get circumcised right after birth so that ``they won`t remember it`` but I have never asked them to elaborate. Perhaps they know boys and men who were circumcised as babies and do not complain about something they do not remember, or perhaps they think if something unpleasant happens it is better to be done at a time when it will be forgotten. Our son will not remember his circumcision (he got it done when he was only a couple weeks old), but it was not unpleasent at all. It was done at the Tiny Tots Medical Center in Montreal with painkiller, by Dr. Murray Katz, using the mogen clamp. I got circumcised as a baby but if it was not done then and could be done as quickly and easily as our sons was in my adult years (impossible, of course, but I am speaking hypothetically) I would have gladly chosen to have it done. Our son`s circumcision took less than a minute. Similar procedures can be done in Toronto at The Jesin Circumcision Clinic, and in Vancouver at The Pollock Clinic. All this stuff about babies not remembering the trauma of their circumcisions was irrelevant to us as our son`s circumcision was quick and painless. My fiance has heard about long, painful circumcisions but she was present when our son got it done and said it was quick, with almost no discomfort. A video of the procedure our son received can be seen at:
WWW.CIRCUMCISIONVANCOUVER.COM
Very nicely done. No crying, nothing.

HappyMomma

PF Addict
Mar 7, 2008
Wylie, TX
Yulia, I am a bit curious. To quote you in another thread:

<SIZE size="125"> </SIZE>
</SIZE>[/FONT]
I don't quite understand why you would not believe in bringing a high fever down for the comfort of the child if you feel this way about circ.? Would a high miserable fever not be traumatic as well?</SIZE>[/FONT]

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
&lt;r&gt;&lt;QUOTE author="HappyMomma;36246"&gt;&lt;s&gt;
HappyMomma said:
&lt;/s&gt;Yulia, I am a bit curious. To quote you in another thread:&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;SIZE size="3"&gt;&lt;s&gt;<SIZE size="125">&lt;/s&gt;&lt;FONT font="Times New Roman"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;&lt;COLOR color="darkred"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;So, while it’s not fun to see a child running a high fever, it’s just something his immune system needs to get stronger. As for fever, it does NOT need to be brought down as long as the child is able to keep any fluids down.&lt;e&gt;&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/COLOR&gt;&lt;e&gt;&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/FONT&gt;&lt;e&gt;</SIZE>&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/SIZE&gt;&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;br/&gt;
&lt;FONT font="Times New Roman"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;&lt;COLOR color="black"&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;I don't quite understand why you would not believe in bringing a high fever down for the comfort of the child if you feel this way about circ.? Would a high miserable fever not be traumatic as well?&lt;e&gt;&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/COLOR&gt;&lt;e&gt;</SIZE>&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/SIZE&gt;&lt;e&gt;[/FONT]&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/FONT&gt;&lt;e&gt;
&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/QUOTE&gt;&lt;B&gt;&lt;s&gt;&lt;/s&gt;Especially when THAT could cause brain damage.&lt;e&gt;&lt;/e&gt;&lt;/B&gt;&lt;/r&gt;

Mindy

PF Addict
Feb 20, 2008
QC, Canada
I'm sorry, but why the HELL do people make excuses of why it IS ok. Please give me a real reason you would circ besides:

Religious reasons (and even then, please elaborate)
Because it's the thing you "do" when you have a boy (societal pressure)
Because dad and all other males are circ'd
Medical necessity.

I would really be honestly interested in frank respectful discussion about what reasons OTHER than the above have made people decide to circ.

Please don't anyone say because uncirc'd is unnatractive because that is the most shallow, ridiculous argument I've ever heard in my life. Who fucking cares what the girl thinks, it's the BOY'S penis. If they don't like it they are jerks and can go elsewhere.

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
Lissa said:
Because uncircumcised penises are unattractive.
Agree'd and they make me think they are dirty. I like a nice cut penis. Nothing wrong with a nice pecker. I am shallow anyway so I could care less what you think. And..................for the kicker..........It's MY CHILD! Not yours. :)

FooserX

PF Addict
Jul 11, 2007
Denver
Mindy, you smoke pot despite it being illegal and unhealthy.

Why?

Because YOU want to...

So if parents want to justify to themselves with a superficial reason for circumcision, who are you to argue?

Put that in your pipe and smoke it!

musicmom

PF Visionary
Dec 4, 2007
FooserX said:

Why?

Because YOU want to...

So if parents want to justify to themselves a reason for circumcision, who are you to argue?

That turned me on Fooser....ummmm did you say you were circ'd???? *taking a peek*

Lissa

PF Visionary
Sep 12, 2007
FooserX said:

Why?

Because YOU want to...

So if parents want to justify to themselves with a superficial reason for circumcision, who are you to argue?

I love you.

meow_173

PF Addict
Jan 3, 2008
Hamilton, Ontario
As i stated in a previous thread.......LETS MOVE ON! Someone PLEASE find a hip new topic that we can talk about instead of running around in circles debating on whether or not someone should circ their sons! Its their decision! No one elses! Leave it at that and lets get on with something else!

Good Wolf

PF Addict
Mar 11, 2008
TX
meow_173 said:
As i stated in a previous thread.......LETS MOVE ON! Someone PLEASE find a hip new topic that we can talk about instead of running around in circles debating on whether or not someone should circ their sons! Its their decision! No one elses! Leave it at that and lets get on with something else!

yulia

Banned
Jan 25, 2008
Lafayette, CO
HappyMomma said:
Yulia, I am a bit curious. To quote you in another thread:

<SIZE size="125">So, while it’s not fun to see a child running a high fever, it’s just something his immune system needs to get stronger. As for fever, it does NOT need to be brought down as long as the child is able to keep any fluids down.</SIZE>

I don't quite understand why you would not believe in bringing a high fever down for the comfort of the child if you feel this way about circ.? Would a high miserable fever not be traumatic as well?</SIZE>[/FONT]
because fever HELPS our bodies to fight.