This website...

Sirk

Your Forum Mom
Apr 1, 2008
meow_173 said:
Do you see where i am coming from? What it boils down to, is that you dissagreed with her, but you really could not bann her for that. So instead you dug up past information to make a valid reason to ban someone.
or...
Sirk said:
now trolling got her banned.
Her posts weren't deleted. They were moved to a thread where they would be on topic. She continued in the other thread.
Then made ANOTHER thread.

Disagree with me all you want to. Just don't hijack parenting threads with it.
She's welcome to create all the drama she wants on any crowdgather forum where it would be relevant. Might I suggest genmay.com?

meow_173

PF Addict
Jan 3, 2008
Hamilton, Ontario
CLearly we are not seeing eye to eye on this. and you still never answered my questions. So let whatever bygones that are festering in you or whatever is going on, don't let it affect this board. i am just so done dealing with childish highschool bullshit behaviour.

Sirk

Your Forum Mom
Apr 1, 2008
I answered them several times. You've already made up your mind on what it's about. What can ya do?

meow_173

PF Addict
Jan 3, 2008
Hamilton, Ontario
*sighs......dont' you see....its this type of behaviour and whatever that just isn't needed. yes i don't think she should have been banned because if there were so many things that were wrong with her, then you would have banned her when you first got here. But you didn't. I'm done with this topic.......its like going Around and aroundAround and around Around and around Around and around Around and around Around and around Around and around Around and around Around and around Around and around Around and around Around and around Around and around Around and around Around and around Around and around Around and around Around and around Around and around Around and around Around and around Around and around Around and around Around and around Around and around Around and around

Sirk

Your Forum Mom
Apr 1, 2008
meow_173 said:
i don't think she should have been banned because if there were so many things that were wrong with her, then you would have banned her when you first got here.
nope. Like I said in another thread, if I believed every PM I got, most of the regular posters would be banned.
I'm taking that, plus the behavior I see, and making decisions.

meow_173

PF Addict
Jan 3, 2008
Hamilton, Ontario
The my point stands that it should have been done ages ago, and maybe in different cicumstances. Rather then banning her when you were in a heated argument, maybe sending her a pm and letting her know in an adult siuation.

Sirk

Your Forum Mom
Apr 1, 2008
Let's try this again:

The OP of the parenting thread said he didn't want drama and off topic in his thread. can't say I blame him.
I moved her posts to where it would be relevant. She could have gone on about Sirk Sucks all she wanted.
She continued in the thread I removed them from.
She got an infraction.
She went for a 3rd thread.
k that's enough for me.
she's STILL welcome to rage against the machine all she wants on a forum where it would be relevant.

HappyMomma

PF Addict
Mar 7, 2008
Wylie, TX
Meow... I love you, but....

The way I watched all this go down today, I have to admit I kept thinking..."Mmmkay, MM has been know to say some abrasive s##t and now she's trying to call out someone else on it. Then I progressively watched MM stalk and assault. Sorry, I have to agree on this one.

Just my 2 cents.

<3

... and BTW, I had to practice a whole lot of restraint not to say some of the things that came to my mind.

Cthru

PF Fiend
May 11, 2008
Chicago suburbs
my observation.. (and i know i should keep my mouth shut)

MM was right and was clearly defending the poster for her feelings of being offended. I too think the comment in the particular thread was uncalled for.. anyone would be offended. This combined with the way yulia was handled does lead one to believe that for a 'mediator' (sent from the parent company) there are much better ways to handle these situations - in a more adult manner. As I understood, Sirk was sent to keep peace not stir the pot even more. Now with MM being banned for trying to say something leads me to believe there may be more of an issue here than what we started with.

I'm staying out of it from here on out - but I have to say I'm not impressed with how things are being handled around here in the slightest.

I run my own parenting forum as well and would never dream of addressing issues in this manner.

Hopefully things will get better soon.

Sirk

Your Forum Mom
Apr 1, 2008
meow_173 said:
The my point stands that it should have been done ages ago
I agree. I did a search in the mod forum and they've been debating banning musicmom since 2007. She's had like 8 months worth of warnings.
It should have been done long before I got here. But it wasn't so I'll be the bad guy and catch the poop for it now.

Teresa

PF Fiend
Feb 2, 2007
Ohio
Cthru said:
my observation.. (and i know i should keep my mouth shut)

MM was right and was clearly defending the poster for her feelings of being offended. I too think the comment in the particular thread was uncalled for.. anyone would be offended. This combined with the way yulia was handled does lead one to believe that for a 'mediator' (sent from the parent company) there are much better ways to handle these situations - in a more adult manner. As I understood, Sirk was sent to keep peace not stir the pot even more. Now with MM being banned for trying to say something leads me to believe there may be more of an issue here than what we started with.

I'm staying out of it from here on out - but I have to say I'm not impressed with how things are being handled around here in the slightest.

I run my own parenting forum as well and would never dream of addressing issues in this manner.

Hopefully things will get better soon.
I agree that MM was in the right in THIS thread. There were comments made to the OP which were uncalled for, rude, and downright nasty, and I can see why she was upset by them. Someone who is supposed to be setting the example for the rest of the board should NOT, IMO, be behaving in that manner.

That said, for MM to behave as she did, taking the issue from thread to thread, was also uncalled for and nasty. Not sure why it was necessary to ban her, as I don't agree with doing that except for extreme cases. Still wondering when we became little children who needed Mom to tell us how we should behave, instead of adults who know how to IGNORE people whose posts disturb us.

Also agree that I am TOTALLY unimpressed with the forum these days, and therefore I am taking a break for a few days, before I end up saying things that I might regret in the future.

Carry on....

meow_173

PF Addict
Jan 3, 2008
Hamilton, Ontario
Teresa said:
I agree that MM was in the right in THIS thread. There were comments made to the OP which were uncalled for, rude, and downright nasty, and I can see why she was upset by them. Someone who is supposed to be setting the example for the rest of the board should NOT, IMO, be behaving in that manner.
Totally agree with you. Which is why, and yes we all know MM can be harsh or whatever, but if this was the case, then she should have been banned weeks ago, rather then when there was a dissagreement already happening. It just makes people think "ok she was banned why? because she dissagreed with someone?" AS i said before, Sirk should have taken her aside, or whatever or waited until today or have banned her earlier if she was so horrible. The way that people are being "banned" or whatever is just kinda unorthodox to me....and with your view on the reputation of this board. I don't know why, but it has slightly lowered IMO.

FooserX

PF Addict
Jul 11, 2007
Denver
Teresa said:

That said, for MM to behave as she did, taking the issue from thread to thread, was also uncalled for and nasty. Not sure why it was necessary to ban her, as I don't agree with doing that except for extreme cases. Still wondering when we became little children who needed Mom to tell us how we should behave, instead of adults who know how to IGNORE people whose posts disturb us.

Carry on....

I agree with Teresa.

I also think that Musicmom was pushing it, and probably deserved some time to cool off because she wouldn't let it go...but I don't see why it has to be permanent. Why not just a 2 weeker? :p

How long has she been a part of these forums? Almost a year? Rediculous that anyone who is a part of this PF family gets banned permanently. Her butthole-ness is part of her charm. lol

We're all on JUP, IM and email anyway, so I guess it's not a big deal.

I really like you Sirk, but sometimes you sure can be mean. Maybe it's because you're an admin and expected to set some kind of example? I don't know. I wonder if it's just the whole power corrupts theory. Could you even be normal without your admin status? Or would you be like Jtee and just hide? I wonder if I were a mod if I would turn into a butthead.

Sirk

Your Forum Mom
Apr 1, 2008
FooserX said:
I also think that Musicmom was pushing it, and probably deserved some time to cool off because she wouldn't let it go...but I don't see why it has to be permanent. Why not just a 2 weeker? :p
Another one?

The mods had been talking about banning her since Dec of last year. I guess she got a 1 week ban in April and a 2 week ban in May? (Mods, please correct me if I'm wrong.)
I think 3 strikes, you're out. She even got 3 warnings to take it to an off topic forum before she got the ban.

One of the first things my mods told me when I joined was that they warn people, they behave for a while, and they do it again. After each one of her bans, she did something to get banned again. She's not learning whatever lesson a temp ban is supposed to teach.

I agree I can be mean. (Don't think I was in this case, though. Seriously, "I don't think your situation is good" is worse than "That's abusive!"? good lord) Sometimes someone has to be the mean one. But my admin hat keeps me in check from saying whatever I want to. I hold my tongue a lot because I realize I'm not allowed to have opinions because "omg you're the admin!"
I've never deleted anyone's posts, removed reps, whatnot. You're free to complain about me. Just don't take over someone's parenting thread with it. I don't think that's an unreasonable rule.

Good Wolf said:
What is wrong with being a butthead?

I don't think HM is going to be very happy you posted that pic of her. :eek:

hwnorth

PF Fanatic
Mar 13, 2008
Courtenay BC Canada
my two cents .. for what its worth and from reading through ..

Can MM be harsh.. opinionated and stubborn ? YES she can ... but then gain if people werent ... who would have pushed for equal rights.. if there wasnt people like MM around ... would women be driving and allowed to vote?

Does this sound ridiculous ? if so then stop nd think about if for a second ... and tell me how many meek passive people have make significant changes to the world.

In what was posted I didnt see anything wrong .. I saw something that COULD be taken wrong .. especially if you already had it out for her.

Sirk .. I think .. in my opinion, that your mind was already made up and you were waiting for the chance... thats how it looks to me.

A banning at all I think is childish ... and permanent ban I think goes far beyond that.

"Are you even an American Sanjay? Or just another third world country person that's trying to make a profit in the United States? Not rude dear, straight up and brutally honest."

Theres a question in there... and then another question that supports actual fact of whats happening within a country ...
If this person bought the forums .. do you NOT THINK that they have enough control that is MM posts really bothered them that THEY could have dealt with it? Instead its made into a vendetta by someone else.

I have to say that Im <U><I>really</I></U> not impressed with the direction this forum is seemingly heading in the recent while.

Sirk

Your Forum Mom
Apr 1, 2008
hwnorth said:
I'm making assumptions and my assumptions are pissing me off.
No dear. I'm new here and have no history with any users here and no bias. I don't have it out for anyone. If I were waiting for a chance to ban someone, I wouldn't give them 3 chances before doing it.

I have to agree, I'm not impressed with this forum. There are some individuals I like so far, but I have 18 forums and this is my only one with daily issues. But quit whining and be part of the solution.

Education
Last Post: 06-18-2008

Health/Nutrition
Last Post: 06-20-2008

Parenting Products
Last Post: 06-13-2008

Pre-Conception
Last Post: 06-12-2008
But the idiotic drama makes the hot topics. I bet that looks good to new members.

You yourself logged on, replied to drama, didn't post anything regarding parenting on a parenting forum, and left.
You want the forum to be different? Lead the way.

FooserX

PF Addict
Jul 11, 2007
Denver
Sirk said:
Another one?

Why not?

Why does 3 strikes = your out have to be a rule? That's for baseball! lol

If someone is helpful 90% of the time, why not just ban them when they need deserve it (like I have in the past) and let them come back to be a good PF member for another month or few until the need another banning?

:)

Pretty please Sirky?

:wubclub: