To be or not to be submissive...

Teresa

PF Fiend
Feb 2, 2007
Ohio
hwnorth said:
Teresa... very nice post and not devaluating it in the least ... its for you and what works for you... I commend you on that.

The part that I..."dont get" .. or have a hard time with... if you will.

In my eyes and translation of such readings, you are asking for help from a source other than yourself. Part of what I believe is that we are all learning through a journey, and that we are the ones asked to set our own path, decide which crossroad to take. Somewhat of a test and at the same time an offer to show our maturity.
It's a belief in a higher power, Who is all-knowing, all-powerful, all--EVERYTHING. I have a choice....I can do it MY way, and risk running my life off in the ditch, or I can let Him lead me in the way He knows is right for me, and have a much better life. I've lived my life both ways, and turning it all over to Him has much better results for me. I look at it as being smart enough to know what I don't know, and getting an expert's advice instead of muddling through on my own. :)

hwnorth

PF Fanatic
Mar 13, 2008
Courtenay BC Canada
Teresa - If you had time, I would love for you to read the book Illusions and discuss with me your thoughts on the belief patterns. Im in no way trying to change your thoughts, just understand them.

I understand the belief in a higher power .. I think we just read and understand it too a different perspective.

Teresa

PF Fiend
Feb 2, 2007
Ohio
hwnorth....thanks for the suggestion, but I'm not a fan of Richard Bach, so I can already tell you that I would have little or nothing good to say about that particular book.
Nothing wrong with looking at things from a different perspective from each other. :)

PennQuaker09

PF Fiend
Oct 8, 2007
Durham, NC
Even though I'm in a same sex relationship, I can still see how this works. At first, I definitely thought that being submissive was a load of shiznit. However, I think it for us, it is more about the role that we each play in the making of our family. It's about making choices that benefit our family and not just one's self.

In a way, I think that be being submissive, you actually end up holding the most power.