Toddler Car Seat...

Trina

PF Addict
Jun 10, 2007
CT
The Britax Boulevard/Decathlon/Marathon all have a bigger seat shell, higher harness slots and harness up to 65 lbs.. Great for big babies or ones who are tall or long torsoed.

The Evenflo Titan Elite harnesses up to 50 lbs., but I believe it has the same seat shell as the 40 lb. version, which means it will not accommodate tall or long torsoed kids for long. They will outgrow the seat by height long before reaching the weight limit.

Trina

PF Addict
Jun 10, 2007
CT
Samy27 said:
Till what age does an average child use the 65lbs or 50lbs convertible carseat?

A traditional car seat harnesses up to 40 lbs, which will generally last an average sized child to about 4. A car seat that harnesses past 40 lbs. and has higher harness slots will last a few years longer. You really can't go strictly by age because kids vary so much in size. My DD (10) is just over 50 lbs. but she's too tall for a Britax Marathon, even though it goes up to 65 lbs.. My niece (currently 7) is about 46 lbs., but is long torsoed. She outgrew her Marathon at 5 because her shoulders were above the top harness slots.

If you have a toddler who is big for his/her age it's a good idea to buy a larger car seat that harnesses past 40 lbs.. CPS Techs recommend kids stay in harnessed car seats until at least 4 yrs. and 40 lbs.. Longer is even better.
CPSafety - Your online child passenger safety resource