Transgendered pregnancy...

Teresa

PF Fiend
Feb 2, 2007
Ohio
meow_173 said:
Well basically for couples who cannot conceive. Like a suragate.
Except that most transgendered people who go from woman to man have their reproductive organs removed, so that it's not really an option.

meow_173

PF Addict
Jan 3, 2008
Hamilton, Ontario
So, i've watched the interview, and its a bizzare situation all around.

I am wondering if "thomas" is just a closet case lesbian.
The testostrone has given him a penis that he can actually have intercourse with his "wife" who cannot have children.
She (thomas) had an attraction to women and i'm wondering if it was due to the fact that she lost her mother at the age of 12 and needed that female attachment, and was scared to actually be in a lesbian relationship.

Teresa

PF Fiend
Feb 2, 2007
Ohio
She was in lesbian relationships before she met Nancy, who is now her wife. It was after they got together that she decided to become male.

1dayatatime

PF Addict
Oct 3, 2007
AZ
I dont really care what adults do untill it effects kids. Try to imagine what it will be like for the child to grow up with all this publicity. Family is a fluid term I'm not saying they can't be great parents. I just think being a kid is pretty tough and now you have this whole my dad who's a woman gave birth to me. I wish them the best of luck.

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
I agree with oneday...they could have gone through all of this without bringing the media into. I think it will be a hard road ahead for the baby.

meow_173

PF Addict
Jan 3, 2008
Hamilton, Ontario
Its true, but i mean what would be worse? The media spinning this story so that its out of control? Or them coming forward and saying yes this is what is happening

HappyMomma

PF Addict
Mar 7, 2008
Wylie, TX
I kind of hate to say this... but I just get the feeling this is a big publicity stunt or a way of this person getting some attention.

1dayatatime

PF Addict
Oct 3, 2007
AZ
Where is Penn? I don't want this to come across wrong but. I really value his opinion on things that are not Middle white America hetro. I have no idea what it's like to be a minority. It seems most people on her a middle class white women. Ya know. Sorry if I offend, not my intention.

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
I don't think you're being offensive at all. I would also like to hear what Penn thinks about something like this

meow_173

PF Addict
Jan 3, 2008
Hamilton, Ontario
fallon said:
I don't think you're being offensive at all. I would also like to hear what Penn thinks about something like this
are you wanting to ask because he's in a m/m relationship and is considered a minority? and how it was like to "come out"?

fallon

Super Moderator
Jul 19, 2007
Michigan
mainly because him and Nate are about to have twins through a surrogate and I'd like to hear his views on this same sex couple and they way they are handling this in the media

1dayatatime

PF Addict
Oct 3, 2007
AZ
meow_173 said:
are you wanting to ask because he's in a m/m relationship and is considered a minority? and how it was like to "come out"?
I'm curious for his thoughts because he's very intelligent and he's in a committed m/m relationship with babies on the way. It's not the same kinda thing but it's alot closer them m/f relationship with babies on the way. Ya know?

FooserX

PF Addict
Jul 11, 2007
Denver
I wonder if Penn is afraid that the surrogate mom is going to keep the babies at all...or would try to contact them when they're older?

meow_173

PF Addict
Jan 3, 2008
Hamilton, Ontario
FooserX said:
I wonder if Penn is afraid that the surrogate mom is going to keep the babies at all...or would try to contact them when they're older?
I would be worried about that too. I wonder if they had her sign a wavier or something?

Lissa

PF Visionary
Sep 12, 2007
I'm very surprised how many people here who are for homosexuality look at this situation differently.

1dayatatime

PF Addict
Oct 3, 2007
AZ
FooserX said:
I would worry about that too. I'm sure they have a contract of some kind. I don't really see what would be wrong with the surrogate having contact with the kids. I still go visit my childhood home from time to time. I jest.